Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1073 Old 05-16-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Merlin's going to toughen Thea up. Turn her to the darkside and make an ace archer out of her. Because this show can never have too many archers.
post #1053 of 1073 Old 05-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't mind admitting that I ship Oliver/Felicity so I really appreciated the small bone they threw us. Oh, it only took until half way through the next commercial to realize it was all a setup to get Felicity close to Slade with the antidote, but it was still nice to have that little scene. If they would just give us a moment or two like this a couple of times per season, I would be happy.

And I don't really mind Laurel picking up the Black Canary mantle. What I am interested to know - Now that they have opened the door to the world of metahumans with the introduction of the Flash, how are they going to give Black Canary her metahuman gift? I would really like to see the show head in that direction. Two seasons of Oliver duking it out with mere humans seems like enough, it's time they took things up another notch.

Duane
post #1054 of 1073 Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastar View Post

Concerning the weather villain: Flash has a rogues gallery. One of them is the Weather Wizard. If they stick to formula, expect to see: Mirror Master, Captain Cold (played by Mark Hamill in the Shipp version), Captain Boomerang, Heatwave and Trickster. Also the Reverse Flash has been mentioned as a possible nemesis. Killer Frost-maybe. Abra Ka Dabra and Gorilla Grodd? Who knows.

Well, we've already met Caitlin Snow and she was in the Flash extended trailer about a dozen times or more.
post #1055 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Re: Reverse Flash... I think he is a definite but to prevent spoilers for those who are not familiar with Flash lore...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Reverse Flash is who killed Barry's mom in the comics. At least in one iteration of his backstory. You know these things change. At any rate, in the extended trailer for the show, Barry says he saw flashing and such and they did show this electrical storm around his mom. That was Reverse Flash. In fact, the whole New 52 started because Barry messed with time to try and fix the whole situation and ended up combining different universes, causing a reset. Anyway, I would say yes, the Reverse Flash is unmistakably going to be a villain in the show.
post #1056 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Re: Reverse Flash... I think he is a definite but to prevent spoilers for those who are not familiar with Flash lore...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Reverse Flash is who killed Barry's mom in the comics. At least in one iteration of his backstory. You know these things change. At any rate, in the extended trailer for the show, Barry says he saw flashing and such and they did show this electrical storm around his mom. That was Reverse Flash. In fact, the whole New 52 started because Barry messed with time to try and fix the whole situation and ended up combining different universes, causing a reset. Anyway, I would say yes, the Reverse Flash is unmistakably going to be a villain in the show.

Looked like a brief outline of his head in that trailer as well. So yeah, a definite at some point.

post #1057 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

They had plenty of time to discuss the plan. Felicity suggested Oliver letting Slade think that he outthought him. They specifically went back to Oliver's house because they knew Slade had bugged it. Felicity has always had the hots for Oliver and Oliver sold the plan to Slade well enough for Felicity to really become taken aback. There is some ambiguity but i have little doubt that Felicity had most or all of the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I think the only reason we saw the needle exchange was to set up the payoff later. If she had already had the syringe when they left the lair then it would have just read as a massive coincidence that Felicity was kidnapped with the only thing that could take down Slade.

That officially makes it the stupidest plan ever!

Plan to stage a fake "I love you best" scene in a mansion you know is bugged for video and audio so that Slade will take the bait.... BUT make sure you have the secret cure and give it to the girl right there in the center of the room in front of the cameras.

That has to be the stupidest plan ever... and I give Felicity more credit than that on the show. smile.gif

The only way that plan/scene works for me is if Oliver thought of it there at the last minute and didn't have time to tell Felicity... thus she can sell the emotion of thinking Oliver is really confessing to her while also realizing he is trusting her and figuring out the plan. Only the producers/writers/actors know for sure... but anything else just isn't plausible to me... because if Slade looked closely he would have seen the slight of hand and the whole plan would have been blown. There's no way Oliver would risk that in that scenario. He would begrudgingly use Felicity as bait... but he wouldn't wave a big "hey don't look what we're doing over here" flag while doing it.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1058 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Plan to stage a fake "I love you best" scene in a mansion you know is bugged for video and audio so that Slade will take the bait.... BUT make sure you have the secret cure and give it to the girl right there in the center of the room in front of the cameras.

That has to be the stupidest plan ever... and I give Felicity more credit than that on the show. smile.gif

Unless the show doesn't have the time or budget to shoot another scene in the lair or car in which Oliver gives her the syringe. I'm not saying it was plot-induced I'm saying that scene was there entirely for the benefit of the audience. If the choice is put an insert in the mansion scene or just have Felicity coincidentally armed with the one thing Slade is weakened by, I would say the director went for dropping a clue in the one scene they had.

Because if you want to say that the entire thing was not staged then it's also silly to imagine that Ollie and Felicity drove to the mansion and at no point did Felicity ask where and why they were going there for no good reason at all.

post #1059 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

Unless the show doesn't have the time or budget to shoot another scene in the lair or car in which Oliver gives her the syringe. I'm not saying it was plot-induced I'm saying that scene was there entirely for the benefit of the audience. If the choice is put an insert in the mansion scene or just have Felicity coincidentally armed with the one thing Slade is weakened by, I would say the director went for dropping a clue in the one scene they had.

Because if you want to say that the entire thing was not staged then it's also silly to imagine that Ollie and Felicity drove to the mansion and at no point did Felicity ask where and why they were going there for no good reason at all.

Its comic book/tv logic anyhow. I completely agree with you. My thought is that Felicity was swooning because she has been in love with Oliver for quite some time so she couldn't help herself despite the fact she knew it wasn't real.
You're right that the syringe deal was done in a way that the audience could easily see in a flashback. It would be stupid to do it at the mansion when they could have done it anytime before.
Anyhoo, the plan worked even though Oliver couldn't help himself from telling Slade about his mistake before Felicity pounced.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1060 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 310
We should be more surprised that Slade's cameras didn't have a blinky red light to let us know they were recording. It's amazing they got found by Oliver considering nobody ever finds the other flashing bugs on the show. And they all have lights! wink.gif

post #1061 of 1073 Old 05-17-2014, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

They didn't use Roy's blood for the army... The Arrow gang save Roy from that... the final scene of that episode clearly showed Slade was the one giving the transfusions.

There was never any explanation as to how Slade was able to perfect the mirakuru to the point where injecting people with it didn't result in failure 90% of the time, so I guess we're just supposed to assume he perfected the formula "somehow" to always work and not make people crazy.
Quote:

That was one aspect of the trailer that sent up some red flags. Introducing a lot of superpowered villains reminds me of Smallville's first season and I've outgrown the cartoony versions of comic-based live action.

This is the thing that makes me think the two shows won't have many crossover episodes. The Arrow showrunners have indicated in the past that they intend to keep everything "real" in Arrow and not introduce anybody with super powers, but The Flash seems to be fully embracing unrealistic powers. I don't see how the two can coexist with such different versions of what "super" means for both heroes and villains.
Quote:

In other news it was announced Barrowman becomes a regular next year. Looking forward to seeing more Merlyn, finding out how he survived and more scary scenes of angry Barrowman. smile.gif

Wow, that's a welcome surprise. How often does a villain die, leave for a season, then come back as a regular? Maybe we'll get to see Thea training to be an evil assassin at the same time. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Anyhoo, the plan worked even though Oliver couldn't help himself from telling Slade about his mistake before Felicity pounced.

That's another comic book trope that they had to include. It's mandatory for you have to a moment of exposition telling the villain how you'll defeat him before actually doing it, even though doing so would give any competent villain ample opportunity to foil your plan. It goes hand-in-hand with villains capturing heroes and instead of simpy shooting them in the head and moving on, they tie the hero up in some elabourate contraption that engages a series of events that will eventually kill the hero, thus giving him plenty of time to escape.

Oliver could reciprocally have ended the entire Slade plot by curing and shooting him in the head (again), but no, he has to be a goody-goody and let Slade live so that he can come back in a later season with another dastardly plan. Comic book stories wouldn't have the longevity they do if either the heroes or villains did everything in their power to win, so you can't apply too much logic towards figuring out why the people in these stories choose particular courses of action.
post #1062 of 1073 Old 05-18-2014, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Nice seeing Audrey Marie Anderson

Luv Katrina Law

yay for Felicity or... poor Felicity once again? lol...

Gonna miss Caity lotz

I guess not a bad finale.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1063 of 1073 Old 05-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Quote:

Last thoughts on the Flash preview. I'm very skeptical if this unknown actor can pull it off. And just like I feel for the casting choice of Wonder Woman in the next DC movie, this actor for flash seems too scrawny. I'm definitely going to tune in and hope it works. I may have misinterpreted it, but there were several tweets from the CW last night about watching the last minute of the episode to see a glimpse of the Flash. I watched that last minute over and over and never saw anything. The trailer for the show was quite a few minutes before that, and as a commercial, so I'm not sure what they were talking about... Anyone else see anything?

I am IN.
post #1064 of 1073 Old 05-21-2014, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow how did I miss this the first time? In the trailer, Barry is testing his speed at FERRIS AIR. Ferris... as in Carol Ferris, Hal Jordan's (Green Lantern) girlfriend. Love these little connections.
mike1812 likes this.
post #1065 of 1073 Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I never was into comics that much. So I don't have any expectations from comics read when I was a kid.
The creators of Arrow have done a great job with the idea of a superhero, moreso than I have seen before, balancing heroism and the problems it comes with.
I like the idea of heroes who aren't perfect and need to find their way. In this case, a young guy who has to figure stuff out.
Given these combination of things and the fact that Oliver Queen exists in the same universe and can guest star, I'm definitely in for the Flash.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1066 of 1073 Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

So in related DC news, the next movie has an official title. "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". I was personally going for "Man of Steel 2: We're Setting Up Justice League" but I guess this is about the same... Principle shooting began yesterday.
post #1067 of 1073 Old 05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Sounds like a courtroom drama.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #1068 of 1073 Old 05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Sounds like a courtroom drama.

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the vigilantes, who lay the smackdown; and everybody else, who generally run around clueless. These are their stories.

Dun dun.
Keenan, daryl zero and VisionOn like this.

post #1069 of 1073 Old 05-22-2014, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So in related DC news, the next movie has an official title. "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". [...] Principle shooting began yesterday.

They should save however many billions of dollars they plan to spend on this movie and just show this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4Y8JtT1j0
post #1070 of 1073 Old 05-23-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

They should save however many billions of dollars they plan to spend on this movie and just show this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4Y8JtT1j0

It's true. That was already WAYYYYY more entertaining than the last superman movie.
post #1071 of 1073 Old 05-25-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Dunno about the Flash. Mask looks a little corny. Besides, Clark's already done this speedy routine on Smallville.

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #1072 of 1073 Old 05-25-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I have to wonder why The Flash exists at all. Was DC so desperate for new comic properties in the 50s (or whenever they conjured him up) that they just decided to split Superman's powers up into a bunch of individual heroes so they'd have more IP to sell?
post #1073 of 1073 Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I have to wonder why The Flash exists at all. Was DC so desperate for new comic properties in the 50s (or whenever they conjured him up) that they just decided to split Superman's powers up into a bunch of individual heroes so they'd have more IP to sell?

To be fair... taking that approach means you only need a couple of heroes ever, and everyone else is derivative of those. So why have most of the DC and Marvel universe when a couple of characters can do everything?

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page