Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #1201 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone think the Arrow will appear and fight in the Flash? His skill pales in comparison to Barry who, apparently, can dodge bullets. The villains in Flash are also much more powerful than anything we have seen in Arrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post
Anyone think the Arrow will appear and fight in the Flash? His skill pales in comparison to Barry who, apparently, can dodge bullets. The villains in Flash are also much more powerful than anything we have seen in Arrow.
Well given there is a major double episode crossover planned in a few episodes it's probably a given.

post #1203 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 476
I also forgot to note that there were no flashbacks in the last episode, yet it went smoothly. It's good to know they don't need to use the flashbacks as a crutch and can stand without them. Considering that, I'd be happy if they phased out the flashback element prior to season 5, which would theoretically be the last season with them to coincide with Oliver's fifth year on the island. Now that he's not even on the island anymore, I'm not very interested with what he was up to in Hong Kong compared to what's happening in the present.
post #1204 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I also forgot to note that there were no flashbacks in the last episode, yet it went smoothly. It's good to know they don't need to use the flashbacks as a crutch and can stand without them.
Ah, but they did!

This week we had Thea flashbacks. So at least they are putting a spin on it.

post #1205 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I also forgot to note that there were no flashbacks in the last episode, yet it went smoothly. It's good to know they don't need to use the flashbacks as a crutch and can stand without them. Considering that, I'd be happy if they phased out the flashback element prior to season 5, which would theoretically be the last season with them to coincide with Oliver's fifth year on the island. Now that he's not even on the island anymore, I'm not very interested with what he was up to in Hong Kong compared to what's happening in the present.
That's because the entire TV flashbacks quota has been assigned to Boardwalk Empire this season.
post #1206 of 1370 Old 10-24-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
This week we had Thea flashbacks.
I wouldn't really count them, as they were only for the stuff we missed since the season finale. The regular flashbacks are always about things that happened before the show started.
post #1207 of 1370 Old 10-29-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Love tonight's episode. Disappointed that Thea didn't show off her skill. I bet she could have kicked that other girl's ass.
post #1208 of 1370 Old 10-29-2014, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Love tonight's episode. Disappointed that Thea didn't show off her skill. I bet she could have kicked that other girl's ass.
Doubt it but it would have been a fight. Thea was trained by Merlyn who was trained by Nyssa's father.

Oliver swore that he wouldn't lie to Thea and yet he continues to lie.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1209 of 1370 Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I think Thea with only 4-5 months of training isn't ready yet to take on Nyssa, who has been training her whole life. I think they need to give us Thea against a couple other, lesser opponents first and save a big Thea-Nyssa fight for later in the season. I am definitely looking forward to some Thea action sequences.

I also hope we get some Nyssa-Sara flashbacks in the future. I'm already missing Sara. (At least season 2 is on Netflix.)

Duane
post #1210 of 1370 Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Thea has turned into a good liar herself. I still don't know why her contact with Merlin has to be a secret from Oliver or anybody else.
post #1211 of 1370 Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I was totally expecting the Roy dart to be a Smallville-esque trick where the only witness gets knocked out so that Thea could show off her "powers" without revealing her "identity". It is pretty sad how Oliver went from saying that the only way to get Thea to trust him again was to reveal his identity to recanting on the whole thing after she decided to come home.

We also have the semi-randomness of Merlyn not telling Thea who Oliver is, while Thea thinks that she's putting one over on Oliver. I suppose Merlyn's evil idea is to let Thea find out about Oliver on her own so that she comes to truly despise him and become his arch nemesis, or something.

Also, were we supposed to recognise the identity of Ra's al Ghul at the end? He is clearly miscast, as everybody knows he's supposed to look like this:

Spoiler!
post #1212 of 1370 Old 10-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Ain't that Paulie from the Sopronos?
post #1213 of 1370 Old 10-31-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Okay, sorry but I literally lol'ed when Roy did his parkour flip in front of Thea. Theatricality much?

And even though I knew he wasn't even remotely going to be cast in the role, I was still sad in the reveal at the end to not see Liam Neeson Al Ghul standing there.
post #1214 of 1370 Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't know if Thea was complimenting Roy for the move or she was being sarcastic.
post #1215 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

And even though I knew he wasn't even remotely going to be cast in the role, I was still sad in the reveal at the end to not see Liam Neeson Al Ghul standing there.
I dunno. After the kind of movie roles Liam has been taking the last few years, it would seem to be right up his alley! And why not? Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey is doing car commercials now.
post #1216 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Some very minor details about the upcoming episode, but I don't consider them "spoilers".

Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
post #1217 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I dunno. After the kind of movie roles Liam has been taking the last few years, it would seem to be right up his alley! And why not? Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey is doing car commercials now.
Although I heard a big name actor (sorry, name escapes me now that I'm telling it) one time say it was her career goal to be cast in a commercial, because that meant she became big enough for brand recognition.
post #1218 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Disappointed that Thea didn't show off her skill.
I was disappointed too that she didn't show of her skin.
post #1219 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Ras killing Sara doesn't make sense to me... because IF he was going to do that, he had plenty of chances to do it previously... like when she was on the run from the League of Assassins. Accepting her back into the League and then killing her? Doesn't vibe to me.

What does vibe?

Malcolm trains Thea to be a killer... sends Thea to do it... probably brainwashed and she doesn't even remember doing it... then when everyone thinks it is Malcolm, he has the "it wasn't me, I swear... but I bet it was Ras because he's a jerk." and then Ras of course is a jerk... so then Ollie goes to war with the League and they both leave Malcolm Merlyn alone for a while.

So I'm still sticking with my "Thea did it" theory... It's my "Theary"
archiguy likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1220 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense....The killer was definitely someone she knew, was surprised to see but not shocked or afraid of, as she might be of Merlyn or Ras.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #1221 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Sara appeared to have known the person who killed her. It could have been anybody.

What motive does Thea have for killing Sara?

What motive does Merlin have for killing Sarah?
post #1222 of 1370 Old 11-01-2014, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I believe it was Ra's al Ghul and Nyssa is gonna find out and then no telling where the story will lead, probably the death of the father or the daughter at each other's hand.
Keenan likes this.
post #1223 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
Okay, sorry but I literally lol'ed when Roy did his parkour flip in front of Thea. Theatricality much?
You and me both. Roy gets a tough outfit upgrade this season but is worse than when he was just dressed as "The Hoodie" and getting angry for not getting a tip in the nightclub. Now he just falls over and runs around like an errand boy.

That moment was a dumb point in an overall excellent episode. Full of melodrama, assassin conflict and a serious amount of lying confusion. It's getting hard for me to track which characters are lying to the others and about what. Up until this episode I had forgotten that Ollie did not know that Merlyn was alive, which made his realization kind of hilarious to me.

Quote:
Based on the what I read recently, it wasn't that remote. Neeson said he would be more than happy to reprise his role, but either they show couldn't fit in his schedule or the budget didn't stretch. It's funny that Nyssa pronounces "Ra's" the original DC way, but Merlyn uses the Nolan way.

It would have been cool to see Neeson on TV in a CW show though!

Last edited by VisionOn; 11-02-2014 at 05:13 PM.
post #1224 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Malcolm trains Thea to be a killer... sends Thea to do it... probably brainwashed and she doesn't even remember doing it... then when everyone thinks it is Malcolm, he has the "it wasn't me, I swear... but I bet it was Ras because he's a jerk." and then Ras of course is a jerk... so then Ollie goes to war with the League and they both leave Malcolm Merlyn alone for a while.
It does seem a long way to go for Ra's to kill one person and the Thea angle might have had more credence had we not seen the flash back of her training for six months. It was a good one until then.

Sara recognized her killer so it's probably not some background League member, however it could have been someone in disguise.

Since the whole thing is building up to an obvious twist I am half expecting it to be Roy, just to offset what a background filler he's being this season. Of course Sara spent a lot of time on the island with a lot of other people. Some of which were still alive when we last saw them ...

post #1225 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
This is the most popular Liam Neeson has ever been! He's on an action packed roll!

At the height of their popularity even Oscar winners have been shilling for decades in commercials. Just go to YouTube and watch them from around the world. Even Martin Scorsese sold himself out to talk to Siri.

post #1226 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
It does seem a long way to go for Ra's to kill one person and the Thea angle might have had more credence had we not seen the flash back of her training for six months. It was a good one until then.

Sara recognized her killer so it's probably not some background League member, however it could have been someone in disguise.

Since the whole thing is building up to an obvious twist I am half expecting it to be Roy, just to offset what a background filler he's being this season. Of course Sara spent a lot of time on the island with a lot of other people. Some of which were still alive when we last saw them ...
You are all overlooking the most obvious person who would want Sara dead. Who had just gone on her first date with Oliver when old girlfriend Sara suddenly shows back up? Who would Sara recognize and never suspect? Who could feed Oliver and Digg false leads so they would forever be running around in circles? The killer was Felicity. Never trust a blonde wearing glasses!
VisionOn likes this.

Last edited by DuaneAA; 11-02-2014 at 05:25 PM.
post #1227 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

Based on the what I read recently, it wasn't that remote. Neeson said he would be more than happy to reprise his role, but either they show couldn't fit in his schedule or the budget didn't stretch.
It would have been cool to see Neeson on TV in a CW show though!
Neeson mentioned that he'd reprise the role but he wasn't referring to ARROW. He was referring to perhaps another film. I doubt he even knows the ARROW show exists!

Really, do you think he'd jump at the chance to be on a CW show??? And even IF he did, his salary would be waaaay beyond anything the CW could offer.
post #1228 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Going through the past characters list and who could be suspects, we have:

China White (and she made a reappearance in this episode)
Sin (she's been quiet and possibly slightly jealous)
Huntress (still annoyed with Oliver and Sara for various reasons)
Hendrick Von Arnim (ship prisoner who tried to kill Sara)

post #1229 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post
Neeson mentioned that he'd reprise the role but he wasn't referring to ARROW. He was referring to perhaps another film. I doubt he even knows the ARROW show exists!
In an MTV interview Neeson was asked if Warner or the CW approached him to reprise the role would he accept and he said yes. When the producers heard that they went to ask him - "We never thought he would. We quickly went to him, just on the off-chance that he had the time to do it."

post #1230 of 1370 Old 11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
I don't think the flashback negates anything.

Oliver's flashbacks were all on the island in seasons 1-2.. then we find out he went to Hong Kong for a while. So, Thea's flashbacks only establish her out of town during the time of that particular flashback. Nothing says she couldn't have come back to town for a visit and then popped back to the Merlyn Experience.

Meanwhile... Not to put my eggs in one basket... I have another competing theory that also might be in play... Sin disappeared after last season. Not sure what happened to her, I can't remember anything definitive... but Roy and Sara both knew her and she might feel abandoned... also she might have found out more about Sara and how he knew her father back on the island.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page