AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
smallville
Oh god... #Shudder Thanks for reminding me about that...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'd rather have Thea be an implausible villain than a brainwashed trope of a helpless little sister, though. At least then her character would serve a purpose beyond making Oliver frown all the time at how he has to lie about himself to his family.
It would still make more sense than what the writers ended up doing for Laurel's character, at least here, there would be more of a context to her turn rather than the writers meandering around her character for at least 2 seasons.
Old Today, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machuran View Post
It would still make more sense than what the writers ended up doing for Laurel's character, at least here, there would be more of a context to her turn rather than the writers meandering around her character for at least 2 seasons.
My guess here is that the Sarah/Canary character was too good and a fan favorite that they went "oops" and had to drag out the time frame to have Laurel go Canary. Personally I wish they would have just kept Sarah around and gave up on the turn Laurel into Canary business.
Machuran likes this.

Scott
Old Today, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post
My guess here is that the Sarah/Canary character was too good and a fan favorite that they went "oops" and had to drag out the time frame to have Laurel go Canary. Personally I wish they would have just kept Sarah around and gave up on the turn Laurel into Canary business.
That and her becoming BC is 1 of many subplots being juggled around this season, there's not enough time/development after meandering for 2 seasons and then giving her that addiction storyline that was supposed to be important for her character and ended up being a complete misfire. The handling/execution for what was supposed to be an important character for this series is baffling.