post #1531 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Thea surely loves to show off her belly button.
My wife caught that as well, or maybe she could see where my eyes were pointed at
And don't forget how much Felicity seems to like royal blue, matches her beautiful blue eyes, framed by her librarian glasses
Poor Felicity, in love with a guy who looks at her as a sister......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 03:33 PM
PMA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
My wife caught that as well, or maybe she could see where my eyes were pointed at
And don't forget how much Felicity seems to like royal blue, matches her beautiful blue eyes, framed by her librarian glasses
Poor Felicity, in love with a guy who looks at her as a sister......
He does loves her and not like a sister. He had to not pursue this since he believes it would put her in danger (even though she is regardless). Felicity also went arms length after his return from being "dead".
post #1533 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 229
What I am getting a bit tired of is Oliver thinking that he is smarter or can beat Ra's. He basically got killed, trapped and outsmarted every step of the way and he doesn't seem to even think that Ra's is better than him. This cognitive dissonance on this issue is perplexing since he is fairly objective about other difficult foes.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1534 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer6871 View Post
Starting to get a little sick of seeing Laurel get her ass licked every week. She is so lame fighting with the rest of the group. Really miss Sarah. She was a little firecracker. Hopefully, it was just the director holding Laurel back so she could be trained by Ra's al Ghul's daughter.
To quote a famous movie... I don't think that word means what you think it means

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
What show are you watching???
He didn't get it... I got it... I'm surprised you're the only other one brave enough to point it out!
Garrett Adams and Keenan like this.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1535 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 05:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
He didn't get it... I got it... I'm surprised you're the only other one brave enough to point it out!
We were distracted by Thea's belly button.
Turrican4D likes this.

post #1536 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 05:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon Ollie!

post #1537 of 1579 Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah... I have to admit... I did wonder just where he was shooting that arrow.

There are times in Spider-Man comics where he seems to be swinging from webs that can't be connected to any buildings either... Maybe Arrow has a power like that too.

post #1538 of 1579 Old 03-21-2015, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Haha I did too! I distinctly remember thinking "what the heck did he just latch onto? there's nothing there!"

RE: Laurel getting her ass kicked, at least it wasn't the typical one week (episode) of training and she's an ass-kicking superhero. I'd rather it play out like it has, to see her development.
post #1539 of 1579 Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
RE: Laurel getting her ass kicked, at least it wasn't the typical one week (episode) of training and she's an ass-kicking superhero. I'd rather it play out like it has, to see her development.
While the show is called 'Arrow', to me it seems like the show is really about Laurel. I watched the pilot episode last night and Oliver was pretty much the same Oliver we have now near the end of season 3. But Laurel seems to have evolved a lot more over the course of the show from a small time lawyer to an alcoholic after the loss of Tommy, to tougher lawyer in DA's office to her experience of finding her sister alive. Then losing her sister and attempting to pick up the Black Canary mantle. While a lot of people don't seem to care for Laurel, I think she has had one of the most interesting and in some ways the most realistic story arcs of any of the characters on the show. I mean does she have impossible computer skills? No. Does she have insane fighting skills? No. Does she make stupid mistakes like we all do and then force herself to carry on? Yes.

If all the episodes had been exactly the same (okay, except maybe throw out the Oliver-centric flashbacks), but the show was titled 'Canary' instead of 'Arrow', would everything be perceived differently?

Duane
psgcdn likes this.
post #1540 of 1579 Old 03-21-2015, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I agree here. They used to be arguably better than the storyline in the present, but now Oliver is just babysitting. They should retire the flashbacks next season if this is all they can think of to do with them.
The flashbacks were already starting to be tired in S1 and we pretty much already needed to know what we did, so this is just unnecessary now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post
I agree,this show is all over the map now. Nissa being Sarah's lover is a joke. Laurel trying to be Black Canary is a joke! So Oliver is stuck on an island,then ends up in Hong Kong and Wahler is involved in using him...Joke! Thea being trained as an assassin by Merlin... LMAO! She's 90 lbs! The show is getting bad. The writing is bad. I used to love it,but what's going on here. Why Ray Palmer as the Atom? And I agree with someone else,Ra's is Batman's nemesis,not Green Arrow's. I don't know why they have to twist stuff so much. Why is Roy Arsenal and Thea speedy? If Roy has a falling out with Oliver and goes his own way and Oliver takes on Thea as his side kick,I'm instantly done..
Exactly, and it's a shame because I loved the team dynamics of the first 2 seasons, now we got stuck with all these mediocre characters and subplots that are just bogging down the series, not to mention what happened with Oliver's return. The season has been such a complete mess unfortunately.
post #1541 of 1579 Old 03-22-2015, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I agree with most of the points listed here, especially with the flashbacks being unnecessary now. They feel tacked on and aren't interesting anymore as they were in season 1.

I'll also add this: Felicity isn't as enjoyable to me either. She used to be fun and quirky, a slight balance to everyone else's melancholy--now she's just as angst-ridden as everyone else and angry at Ollie most of the time. She just comes off as throwing tantrums all the time now. Was ok the first time, but now it's weekly.
psgcdn, Zookster and Machuran like this.
post #1542 of 1579 Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll echo the disappointment of Felicity's character direction.

And say that Duane had some interesting thoughts on Laurel. She definitely has had the most amount of change when you think about it. Well, reportedly Canary is headed over to the spin-off show, so not sure what will become of her here. And since Atom is going to be in it too, we know it's not Sara's Canary.
post #1543 of 1579 Old 03-22-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
I'll echo the disappointment of Felicity's character direction.

And say that Duane had some interesting thoughts on Laurel. She definitely has had the most amount of change when you think about it. Well, reportedly Canary is headed over to the spin-off show, so not sure what will become of her here. And since Atom is going to be in it too, we know it's not Sara's Canary.
Actually, we don't know if the Canary will be on the spin-off show. They have announced that Caity Lotz will be on it, but haven't said who she will be playing.
post #1544 of 1579 Old 03-22-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post
I agree with most of the points listed here, especially with the flashbacks being unnecessary now. They feel tacked on and aren't interesting anymore as they were in season 1.
Back then, the flashbacks at least gave us insight to what happened to him and the other characters and how Oliver's character has changed since then. Nowadays, the flashbacks are just overkill.

Quote:
I'll also add this: Felicity isn't as enjoyable to me either. She used to be fun and quirky, a slight balance to everyone else's melancholy--now she's just as angst-ridden as everyone else and angry at Ollie most of the time. She just comes off as throwing tantrums all the time now. Was ok the first time, but now it's weekly.
Exactly, the whole point of her character was that she provided a nice balance from all the angst the show was in and now they dragged her character down it as well. They've also messed up the team dynamics that they had going for them in the previous seasons.
post #1545 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 05:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Thea surely loves to show off her belly button.
If you had a belly like hers, you'd want to show it off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Archi almost got his wish too. Getting stabbed and kicked off a cliff and improbably surviving wasn't Ra's going easy on Ollie, but it was a test of his worthiness.
Except he wasn't worthy enough to survive on his own. He needed to be found by Akio, dragged back to her nearby cabin (unknown to Ra's & his minions) and nursed back to health with magic tea. Heck, she ought to be the next Ra's! Bet that would really chap Nyssa's ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn
Even with all the talking there was still time for comedy! Ra's as Fat Arrow was excellent. Even with all his power beyond imagining Ra's still has the time and energy to go all the way to Starling to pretend to be Arrow. Even though he could get any old minion to kill some dudes and be an evil vigilante.
Not only that. He must have a helluva tailor to whip him up a green Arrow costume on such short notice. It's not like they have a Morris Costume's out there in their mountain redoubt. Must be all that knife training -- his minions are quite the multitaskers.

Last edited by archiguy; 03-23-2015 at 05:40 AM.
post #1546 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Not only that. He must have a helluva tailor to whip him up a green Arrow costume on such short notice. It's not like they have a Morris Costume's out there in their mountain redoubt. Must be all that knife training -- his minions are quite the multitaskers.
Ra's is a big fan. He's been working on it for the past year for Comic-Con 2015, but when Ollie turned him down he realised he might not have time to go, what with all the assassining and soaking in the tub. So he has to do something or he'll miss the Beauty and the Beast panel.

This entire season is basically just Ra's retirement plans.
mike1812 likes this.

post #1547 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post

It almost seems like Palmer has filled the role of "fun and quirky" on the show now. Even though he's driven by the death of his girlfriend to become Atom, you don't get that level of anger and angst that drove other characters in the show to fight crime. His suit is more like a rich man's new toy.
post #1548 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
If you had a belly like hers, you'd want to show it off too.

But it's reached the point of just being silly, we get it, she has a belly, is the show really trying that hard to reach the teenage male audience that she has to appear that way in every episode? She's a pretty girl, but I've never cared much for her as an actress, and her clenched jaw style of dialog delivery makes me want to clench my own jaw, it's like when seeing someone yawn.
post #1549 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
It almost seems like Palmer has filled the role of "fun and quirky" on the show now. Even though he's driven by the death of his girlfriend to become Atom, you don't get that level of anger and angst that drove other characters in the show to fight crime. His suit is more like a rich man's new toy.
Yeah, I agree. Palmer doesn't make a lot of sense in any aspect of his role and isn't compelling in the least. He certainly isn't convincing in the role of a man obsessively driven to become a crime-fighting superhero by the death of his lover. Don't know if that's Routh's fault or the way the character is written.
Machuran likes this.
post #1550 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

Thea's belly button and Palmer and his ATOM suit are my favorite things in the show now.

So screw you guys!

post #1551 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 11:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

^
post #1552 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
But it's reached the point of just being silly, we get it, she has a belly, is the show really trying that hard to reach the teenage male audience that she has to appear that way in every episode?
Hmmm, the show reaches me with this strategy and I'm way past my teenage years. Besides, Willa Holland does that in every single movie/show she is in. Legs, belly, back, boobs.... you name it.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1553 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 589
Quote:
Not only that. He must have a helluva tailor to whip him up a green Arrow costume on such short notice.
Weren't you listening? The leader of the League of Assassins has unlimited resources at his disposal! You didn't believe him, did you? I bet you do now. "I seek justice, and I shall unleash my rabid horde of tailors to achieve it! Bwahahaha!"
post #1554 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Hmmm, the show reaches me with this strategy and I'm way past my teenage years. Besides, Willa Holland does that in every single movie/show she is in. Legs, belly, back, boobs.... you name it.
Compensating for a lack of acting talent?
post #1555 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Compensating for a lack of acting talent?
"Not that there's anything wrong with that" - Jerry Seinfeld
Keenan likes this.
post #1556 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Besides, Willa Holland does that in every single movie/show she is in. Legs, belly, back, boobs.... you name it.
Well, that would be a stretch.
post #1557 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1117 Post(s)
Liked: 1776
Everyone on the show drank too much moping juice followed by whoa is me pie. This is getting worse than those Twilight movies. If Ollie sparkles in the sunlight I'm done.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #1558 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Palmer doesn't make a lot of sense in any aspect of his role and isn't compelling in the least. He certainly isn't convincing in the role of a man obsessively driven to become a crime-fighting superhero by the death of his lover. Don't know if that's Routh's fault or the way the character is written.
This makes me wonder... I thought there was a rumor floating around for a while that they originally were going to do Ted Kord and Blue Beetle... and that eventually they went with Ray Palmer and Atom. A lot of Routh's backstory and personality sure feels more like Kord than Palmer.

post #1559 of 1579 Old 03-23-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Well it's the writing/execution of the character, similar to the problem of the other characters as well. He's supposed to fill out the role he's assigned, but like the other characters, it's not coming across that way/portrayed that way.
post #1560 of 1579 Old 03-25-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Are they going with the shrinking aspect of the Atom at all? Because it kind of feels like they are more along the lines of recreating Iron Man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page