post #1561 of 1590 Old 03-25-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
Are they going with the shrinking aspect of the Atom at all? Because it kind of feels like they are more along the lines of recreating Iron Man.
I'm guessing that might be too expensive to incorporate into a TV show, and yeah, every time I've seen the Atom images Iron Man is the first thing that comes to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1590 Old 03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 649
A lot of ATOM tonight, but no Thea. However this week Felicity got in on the belly button action.

Now that Palmer has gone into combat and discovered his suit has major weak points I wonder if this will convince him to change his tactics? As in, you can't shoot what is too small to see. Maybe tinkering with his suit causes a shrinking side effect. Just in time for a spin-off!

Suicide Squad is now one person! It was pretty stupid seeing the membership numbers at the beginning of this episode, because if Diggle hadn't gone along it would have been three people. Sure, the previous members were fairly terrible and Deadshot became a pretty poor sniper for the supposed weapons expert he is supposed to be, but at least he had some use as a squad member and it made up the numbers. Now the squad is Cupid and maybe Slade at some point. Not a very effective fighting force. Even if Harley is still locked in her cell and DC allows her to appear, it's still pretty weak sauce.

At least Ra's decided he is far too important (and old) to be jumping around in skin tight leather pants pretending to be Queen and got some recruits to fill in. He must have gone back for a soak in his tub.

post #1563 of 1590 Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Thea was seated at the wedding in the beginning.
post #1564 of 1590 Old 03-25-2015, 11:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post
Thea was seated at the wedding in the beginning.
But her belly button wasn't!
post #1565 of 1590 Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
But her belly button wasn't!
But you just said no Thea and that was incorrect.
post #1566 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
At least Ra's decided he is far too important (and old) to be jumping around in skin tight leather pants pretending to be Queen and got some recruits to fill in. He must have gone back for a soak in his tub.
Well, he never would have personally gone to that trouble in the first place. He appeared at the end of the last episode solely for the benefit of the audience, so we would have no doubt that he was behind Oliver's framing. There was no actual reason for him to make the first kills on his own when he clearly has the resources to loose an army of impersonaters upon the city.

They're really scraping the bottom of the flashback barrel now. Maybe next week we'll get backstory on the fake DJ who infiltrated Thea's club?
post #1567 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Well, he never would have personally gone to that trouble in the first place. He appeared at the end of the last episode solely for the benefit of the audience, so we would have no doubt that he was behind Oliver's framing.
Sure, but they could have had Maseo do that. Didn't he suit up in this week's episode anyway?

It might have worked out for the better if he had because then it wouldn't have been so clear last week why Maseo was betraying Oliver and made for a better cliffhanger. Maseo was going to explain the whole plot this week regardless.

post #1568 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Suicide Squad is now one person! It was pretty stupid seeing the membership numbers at the beginning of this episode, because if Diggle hadn't gone along it would have been three people. Sure, the previous members were fairly terrible and Deadshot became a pretty poor sniper for the supposed weapons expert he is supposed to be, but at least he had some use as a squad member and it made up the numbers. Now the squad is Cupid and maybe Slade at some point. Not a very effective fighting force. Even if Harley is still locked in her cell and DC allows her to appear, it's still pretty weak sauce.
Obviously, Deadshot didn't die in the explosion, his skin is just burnt a much darker color and he suddenly starts looking a lot like Will Smith.

I believe Deadshot is the only overlapping team member between the Arrow's Suicide Squad and the upcoming movie Suicide Squad, so the character had to go from the TV show. I suspect Arrow will find some additional, non-overlapping characters to fill out the Suicide Squad roster, if the Squad is allowed to reappear in season 4.

Duane
post #1569 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
I believe Deadshot is the only overlapping team member between the Arrow's Suicide Squad and the upcoming movie Suicide Squad, so the character had to go from the TV show. I suspect Arrow will find some additional, non-overlapping characters to fill out the Suicide Squad roster, if the Squad is allowed to reappear in season
Should that matter though? There are now two simultaneously different versions of Flash and if Green Arrow gets recast that will be another one. As long as Batman and Gotham City doesn't get mentioned I was under the impression TV DC doesn't care that much. Especially when dealing with the B-team characters of some of the Suicide Squad.

If that is the case and DC keeps ramping up their movie output, the TV shows might have to resort to inventing new characters like Jello Fingers Man and Social Status Update Girl.

post #1570 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Well, that would be a stretch.
Watch her movie "Genova".

Is a good father supposed to do this? ->

And if Ollie finds out, what John Diggle did.... just wow! ->

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1571 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
\They're really scraping the bottom of the flashback barrel now. Maybe next week we'll get backstory on the fake DJ who infiltrated Thea's club?
Don't give them any ideas.
post #1572 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Should that matter though?
Of course it shouldn't matter. But DC logic is incomprehensible to mere mortals or why is any mention of Batman utterly forbidden on the TV shows?

The real test will be the Supergirl show. How much of a presence will Superman have on it?

Duane
post #1573 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
I suspect Arrow will find some additional, non-overlapping characters to fill out the Suicide Squad roster, if the Squad is allowed to reappear in season 4.
At this point I'm wondering why Oliver hasn't taken down ARGUS, as a secret CIA-esque organisation that gets to go around assassinating whomever it wants sounds a lot like Division and arguably worse than a lot of the people he thinks he needs to put away. Maybe Nikita should step in if Oliver's not willing to do what needs doing.
DuaneAA and Zookster like this.
post #1574 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
I think Merlyn's chances of being a good father sailed with framing his daughter for murder.

I hope even Barrowman can appreciate the enviable position he is in there.
Turrican4D likes this.

post #1575 of 1590 Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
At this point I'm wondering why Oliver hasn't taken down ARGUS, as a secret CIA-esque organisation that gets to go around assassinating whomever it wants sounds a lot like Division and arguably worse than a lot of the people he thinks he needs to put away.)
Well as a secret CIA-esque organization that makes it far more powerful than any other force Oliver has come up against. It's almost SHIELD-level. A government sanctioned department that even though possibly corrupted at the highest level has connections to all the branches. He fights them and instantly becomes enemy number one of an entire country. At the moment he has trouble just avoiding Starling PD problems.

Oliver needs more allies and in more powerful and respected positions. Some kind of league of heroes maybe, who strive for justice.

post #1576 of 1590 Old 03-27-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
Are they going with the shrinking aspect of the Atom at all? Because it kind of feels like they are more along the lines of recreating Iron Man.
Except Iron Man wouldn't let his suit short out in a puddle of water.
post #1577 of 1590 Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Watch her movie "Genova".

And if Ollie finds out, what John Diggle did.... just wow! ->
If the team dynamics were more like this, the characters would be far more enjoyable. .
Turrican4D likes this.
post #1578 of 1590 Old 03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
I hope even Barrowman can appreciate the enviable position he is in there.
He's definitely one of the better gay actors in Hollywood to regularly play straight characters. He even got passed over for playing the role of "Will" in "Will and Grace" because the producers considered him "too straight."
post #1579 of 1590 Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 1806
Is that Felicity? Gives new meaning to the Allstate slogan, you're in good hands.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #1580 of 1590 Old 03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 184
I found it interesting that Deadshot fired upon the bag guys in the room and later as they evacuated the building. Then the explosion engulfed the building in flames. Goodbye Deadshot.

If Deadshot was on top of that building he could not have pulled off those shots we saw he take. He had to be on another building or wing in the opposite direction.
post #1581 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 04:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
If Deadshot was on top of that building he could not have pulled off those shots we saw he take. He had to be on another building or wing in the opposite direction.
Using his magic eye he calculated a trajectory that would enable the bullets to ricochet into the room. He never misses! They don't call him Deadshot for nothing. Although after this week that name takes on another meaning.

post #1582 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 882
So you guys think Deadshot is, well... dead?

This is a comic book show, silly. He got off that roof in the nick of time, counting on the rest of the team reporting him as being killed. He's a free man now, and will be back to torment Diggle with conflicted emotions once again, probably next season.
post #1583 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 186
There is no way Deadshot is dead... they might not use him for a while... but when they don't show the body, he isn't dead. Heck, even when they show the body, sometimes he isn't dead!

Meanwhile...

The Atom/Iron Man... what's really weird... is Marvel has their shared TV/movie universe and thus far has NOT had Iron Man on their TV show. Now, I didn't expect him to show up really... but with DC showing them up and basically having Iron Man on Arrow... it really makes the F/X budget on Shield look kind of bad.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1584 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Is that Felicity? Gives new meaning to the Allstate slogan, you're in good hands.
I think that's Thea, but that would make a nice advertisement.
post #1585 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 09:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
So you guys think Deadshot is, well... dead?
Well his comic incarnation is the one guy who actually lives up to the moniker of the Suicide Squad. He intentionally puts himself in the middle of deadly situations because he doesn't care if he lives.

The photo was a good indication that he had given up hope of rejoining his family and going boom was as good a time as any, but with ARGUS they could rebuild his body into something else I guess.

Does Deadshot have a newer form in the DC Universe? I keep thinking "Deathlok" but he's on the other side.

Far too many characters with "death" and "dead" in their names!

post #1586 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

It's comic-book fare. That's like saying there are too many characters with "Doctor" in their name. You blasphemer.
post #1587 of 1590 Unread 03-27-2015, 10:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
It's comic-book fare. That's like saying there are too many characters with "Doctor" in their name. You blasphemer.
That's fine. Many of them graduated in various sciences so they earned their titles.

post #1588 of 1590 Unread Today, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Really? You mistake Felicity with the beautiful Thea?

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1589 of 1590 Unread Today, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
The Atom/Iron Man... what's really weird... is Marvel has their shared TV/movie universe and thus far has NOT had Iron Man on their TV show. Now, I didn't expect him to show up really... but with DC showing them up and basically having Iron Man on Arrow... it really makes the F/X budget on Shield look kind of bad.
I have to agree with you, the DC shows on the CW put Agents of SHIELD's VFX to shame. ABC and Marvel must have really cut the budget on their show.

Arrow as a show has been all over the map this season. They needed half a season to integrate Laurel onto the Arrow team and have been lost when covering every other plot development. They've waited around long enough, they need to start getting Laurel and Oliver together as a couple. I realize most fans want him with Felicity, but I don't think the show can work with that relationship in the background.

What has made this season dreary is that Oliver has been the grim avenger all season, while Felicity rots on the sidelines. They shouldn't have kept teasing Oliver and her getting together all season.
post #1590 of 1590 Unread Today, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Oliver and Laurel can't get together. Superheroes aren't allowed to be happy. If they get together, she either has to die or stop loving him so he can remain miserable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page