"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 55 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 147Likes

post #1621 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Wow! What an episode. Is this really the end of Roy and Arsenal? That would make me so sad. Hope he come back, or in the very least, ends up as a regular cast member on the team-up show in development.

Didn't see Thea coming either but they have the Lazarus Pits and I agree that Ra's is going to use it as leverage. Makes me wonder if that's not how Caity Lotz is coming back for the team-up show too.

A lot of bad crap has happened and I sat for most of the show wondering how in the world they'd undo it all. Afraid even to the point they are going to pull a deus ex machina in the Flash helping reverse events. I backed off on that thought when Thea was stabbed, knowing the Pits are coming. But still... how does Ollie carry on as the Arrow... unless they are just dropping the secret identity thing. Seemed pretty important to him though, in order to keep loved ones safe. Which hm, doesn't seem to be working too well anyway...
psgcdn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 04:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post
But still... how does Ollie carry on as the Arrow... unless they are just dropping the secret identity thing. Seemed pretty important to him though, in order to keep loved ones safe. Which hm, doesn't seem to be working too well anyway...
As they said with Roy's death "Arrow" is also dead. But remember in the first season Queen was "The Hood" and changed his style to be "Arrow" in the second season.

So it's feasible that the "death" of Roy could be just the excuse needed for "Green Arrow" to be created. Done to honor what Roy started but with less focus on working against the police. Whether Queen does that publicly or not is a bigger question. Big events are planned for the finale apparently so I think a lot of questions about the future of the character will be answered then.

post #1623 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Saw the thing with Roy coming a mile away... good, but predictable.
It's a testament to how poorly utilised his character has been that I didn't see it coming. I just thought, "Oh, this was the character they chose to knock off. It figures they'd pick the least important one."

I'm not really sure how they're supposed to resolve the League stuff, though. At this point having Oliver take over and then say, "As the Demon's Head, I hearby declare the League disbanded. Huzzah!" would be about as good a solution as any.
post #1624 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I'm not really sure how they're supposed to resolve the League stuff, though. At this point having Oliver take over and then say, "As the Demon's Head, I hearby declare the League disbanded. Huzzah!" would be about as good a solution as any.
Nyssa kills Ra's. Everyone is happy.

Arrow goes back to arrowing, Nyssa goes back to assassining.
DuaneAA and PMA like this.

post #1625 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

If we're supposed to believe that she's allowed to lead despite her father effectively banishing her, then OK. Maybe killing him will be all she needs to do to prove herself to the other ninjas.

As for Lance, I'm convinced this is their way of getting him off the show. He's going to see Oliver save somebody and then get fatally shot or finally have that heart Laurel's so worried about act up, just so he can have a deathbed conversion and tell her that she really does need to save the city right before he croaks.
post #1626 of 1656 Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
If we're supposed to believe that she's allowed to lead despite her father effectively banishing her, then OK. Maybe killing him will be all she needs to do to prove herself to the other ninjas.
Isn't it part of the combat challenge rules? If Ra's is challenged he has to comply?

So if Nyssa kills him she not only does so the honorable way, but as heir instantly takes his place.

Plus, Ra's might let her win anyway 'cos banishing her was all just a test to see how she reacts to Ollie taking her place and Ra's was hoping it would force her to step up and prove herself blah, blah, mystical hierarchy blah ...
psgcdn likes this.

post #1627 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Ollie actually cracked a joke this episode. I guess he got caught up in the Felicity-Roy giddiness and just blurted it out!
post #1628 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Can I go off-topic for a second and talk about the Batman v Superman trailer here, since this is DC related? Yes? Okay thanks.

That trailer pissed me off. I am a DC guy and what was presented to me in that trailer was way way WAY WAY too dark tonally. "Do you bleed?" in husky Batman voice? Are you kidding me? Is that the Batman we are going to get? Compare what this trailer showed to Avengers when they were having a spat with each other. It was fun, light, and enjoyable to see them come to blows. This? Geez, it looks like they want to rip each other's throats out. And do really need to go down the path of some people worshipping Superman as some Messiah figure vs those who believe him some kind of "false god"? Is that going to make the movie fun?

That trailer felt more moody than Arrow does, and that’s saying something. My gosh, the voiceover talking about absolute power corrupting and what he (presumably superman) should do. It paints that world entirely bleak and grim. I felt no hope or excitement for what superheros are meant to represent. Yes there are some darker characters, like Batman and Daredevil, and I'm perfectly fine with their appropriately dark treatment. In fact, there's a commonality to character like those being regular humans with no powers and wanting to do something good with their inner conflict. Arrow has treated Oliver's conflict rather well overall, too. But Superman is certainly not one who can be treated with such moodiness. Neither are the Avengers and thankfully Marvel understands that. I am sad for DC movies since i’m a DC comic guy.

Last edited by bpeacock22; 04-17-2015 at 07:31 AM.
post #1629 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 930
I've about had it with this show killing characters off and then casually resuscitating them through some ridiculous deus ex machina. I do, however, sympathize with the need to rid themselves of Roy Harper's "Arsenal" character who was pretty lame even for a sidekick. What about his body just disappearing? Wouldn't somebody in Starling City law enforcement notice? Gads, what a bunch of putzes. No wonder their city needs so much saving.

When they get to the Lazerous Pits, I hope it will somehow be revealed that Ollie spent some time there and it was there, and not in the love-shack drinking tea, that enabled him to recover so quickly from being, you know, killed!
bpeacock22 likes this.
post #1630 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
When they get to the Lazerous Pits, I hope it will somehow be revealed that Ollie spent some time there and it was there, and not in the love-shack drinking tea, that enabled him to recover so quickly from being, you know, killed!

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1631 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:

As for Lance, I'm convinced this is their way of getting him off the show. He's going to see Oliver save somebody and then get fatally shot or finally have that heart Laurel's so worried about act up, just so he can have a deathbed conversion and tell her that she really does need to save the city right before he croaks.
I kind of have a similar feeling to this. There's simply no way they can continue long-term with this level of animosity going on between Team Arrow and the SCPD. I'm still wondering about Diggle leaving Team Arrow as well. With Arsenal gone, and with Thea dead, the team seems to be coming back down to a workable size. I wonder if they keep Diggle around, but in some sort of less involved way.

Frankl, this show has gone so far off the rails, I wouldn't mind them finding a way to just wrap it up, but I already know that isn't going to happen.
post #1632 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn Ravenlocke View Post
Frankl, this show has gone so far off the rails, I wouldn't mind them finding a way to just wrap it up, but I already know that isn't going to happen.
Don't be ridiculous. Apart from the lack of focus there is nothing on the show that cannot be fixed by scaling back characters and having a main bad guy next year.

It's par for the course that shows will have bad seasons and I can think of many examples where a course correction got a show back on track and did just fine. This season of Arrow isn't even over yet.

post #1633 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
What about his body just disappearing? Wouldn't somebody in Starling City law enforcement notice?
To paraphrase an oft used writer's excuse - "ARGUS did it."

But considering the corrections officer was an ARGUS agent it wouldn't be a big deal to swap the corpse tags or even bodies so that "Roy" was cremated before anyone spotted the deception. It's easier to believe that a secret government agency could help make Roy vanish than if it had just been the Arrow lackeys working alone.

post #1634 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Similarly killing Thea was a brief shock, until you realize that Ra's is going to use the Pit for leverage.
He better uses the Lazarus Pits on her or Thea will be mad at him for ruining her sexy tummy with his sword.
VisionOn likes this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.

Last edited by Turrican4D; 04-17-2015 at 03:51 PM.
post #1635 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
He better use the Lazarus Pits on her or Thea will be mad at him for ruining her sexy tummy with his sword.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I didn't even consider the after effects. Is the show going to use a scar as an excuse for Thea to grow up and change her wardrobe? With Ray Palmer probably leaving and no bellybutton on display that would be two of my favorite things gone!
Turrican4D likes this.

post #1636 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't forget that, "The water changes people." Thea's zombie self will not only be more mature and disinclined to show her midriff, but she'll also probably be evil or angsty so as to provide some filler for the rest of the year.

I wouldn't say this show has gone off the rails at all. The problem is that it hasn't gone much of anywhere. This season has lacked focus, and I'm not talking about the magic ring spinning kind, either.
post #1637 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
I think there is a high probability we will eventually get a flashback showing Tatsu somehow acquired the water used in the tea from the Lazurus Pits (once they are officially introduced in the show). One possibility is that she is secretly in league with Ra's and that he provided the water as he never intended for Oliver to die in that battle on the mountain top.
psgcdn likes this.
post #1638 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Don't forget that, "The water changes people." Thea's zombie self will not only be more mature and disinclined to show her midriff, but she'll also probably be evil or angsty so as to provide some filler for the rest of the year.
With Roy gone, perhaps after her sojourn in the Lazurus Pit, Thea will change and the 'Speedy' moniker from the first season will start to have significance. Does the Lazurus Pit ever bestow superpowers? At least for me, a superpowered Thea (either good or evil) would be fun!
post #1639 of 1656 Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 222
Because Thea will be crazed after emerging from the Lazarus pit... she will not longer cover everything but her midriff... she will do the opposite... cover only her midriff. This will necessitate the show moving to Showtime for series 4
Phrehdd and Turrican4D like this.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1640 of 1656 Old 04-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

I like your thinking.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1641 of 1656 Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
With Roy gone, perhaps after her sojourn in the Lazurus Pit, Thea will change and the 'Speedy' moniker from the first season will start to have significance. Does the Lazurus Pit ever bestow superpowers? At least for me, a superpowered Thea (either good or evil) would be fun!
Given that Ra's has lived for several centuries (I think?) and has some pretty incredible strength and skills, I'd say yes, to a limited extent. And Yes to Speedy - my best friend and I were discussing this yesterday and that's our guess as well.
post #1642 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

That was quite an episode.
psgcdn likes this.

post #1643 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
post #1644 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock_94 View Post
!@#

post #1645 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

So I'm not sure what to think. Random thoughts, then: I guess our hopes of some little throw away line (in the very least) about the Pit being used to bring back Oliver isn't going to happen. Come on, give us something!

"How can you be sure this is going to work," Oliver asks Maseo quietly as Thea's body is hoisted up.

"Because, it's how you are standing here," Maseo replies.

Then later on, when there were memory concerns:

"Is her memory going to come back?"

"Yours did, but it took time. That's why you don't remember how you got to the cabin."

---

Anyway, I also found the love scene really awkward. Ugh. Nothing magical about that moment for Olicity shippers. I'm kinda not okay with the idea that they've done it now. Changes their relationship.

I also kinda LOLed at the shot of Felicity standing before mother freaking R'as Al'Ghul. That took some nads!

So Oliver is securely in the hands of the League. He's going to be faced with the decision to kill his friends, you can be sure. And he'll find a way out. Happy ending. Ready for next season.
post #1646 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 222
Randomly... as I watched last night... I found my mind wandering and wondering... what about the son Ollie doesn't know about yet?

They made a point of not only having that flashback episode in an earlier season when his mother was making a point... showing the girl relocating somewhere with money... but they brought that girl back with a son and had her living in Central City in a Flash episode... I can't believe they aren't going back to that at some point.

As for Ras... I still feel like where they are headed here is Ras really wants Nyssa to run things, but wants to test her to see if she is ready... so he snubs her and forces Oliver to take over, hoping it will piss Nyssa off and she will fight him for it. That seems like the only scenario to get Oliver fully out of this mess and end up with a League that isn't out to get him forever.... Nyssa kicks his ass, lets him live and sends him home... privately she promises to leave him and his family alone and he thanks her for getting him out of the mess and wishes her well in straightening out the League.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1647 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

That's a great thought! Until Batman comes in and kicks everyone's ass then R'as properly chooses him his successor and they go about their merry entanglements.
mike1812 likes this.
post #1648 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

I am disappointed how normal Thea seems so far. When she came flying out of the water, I had such high hopes we were going to get something wild and creative for her.

Duane
post #1649 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

And I was disappointed that she got to keep her bra in the hospital.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1650 of 1656 Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
And I was disappointed that she got to keep her bra in the hospital.
Its like they don't know what "clear" means.
Turrican4D likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page