"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 373Likes

Old 01-21-2016, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
Wow. I like the long game. Four seasons to reveal Felicity is really Oracle. I mean we've always known the producers originally wanted to do Batman, but couldn't get permission, so their Oliver was secretly Bruce Wayne.
I'm not convinced if that was the plan from the beginning but Felicity being Oracled works for me. Of course she may be out of a job already. She was only in hospital about a week and Oliver is tracking leads and Diggle and Thea(!) are remote hacking residential security feeds in a couple of clicks.

I really do not like what the show has done with Anarky. The character as I remember him from comics way back was a smart guy with an extreme philosophical agenda. He wasn't a crazy serial killer arsonist. It was pretty silly watching him take on Thea and Oliver in combat too. Has everyone been secretly trained by the League of Assassins on this show?

Last edited by VisionOn; 01-21-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
So that leaves.... Felicity's mom. She superfluous, expendable, and now she's sweet on Det. Lance. Gotta' be her. Ta-daaa!
Poor Quentin. That guy's heart condition which everyone has forgotten has been on a constant rollercoaster. Addict daughter, divorce, dead daughter, dead daughter coming back from the dead, dead daughter again, same dead daughter coming back from the dead as a hot psychotic zombie ...

I don't think his heart will take it!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:08 PM

Apart from a couple of things I thought this week was a surprisingly good Diggle and Felicity episode, with a surprising lack of the usual ridiculousness.

Afghanistan looked like it was a sand pit someone was clearing for a local Walmart but the flashback was nicely linked to the island stuff. However ARGUS have even worse security than STAR Labs. The most secret of top secret organizations and they never revoke security clearances when an agent is captured and killed? Good grief. The show did make up for it when Waller was killed. I did not expect that and they did it without a long drawn out death sequence. Well choreographed fight scene at the end too.

Usual hallucination trope with Felcity but it worked quite seamlessly and I laughed at the Oracle callout. Until the end of this episode the attitude towards her injury was really annoying me though. It's pretty typical of fantasy and SF shows that when someone is injured all the characters just choose to ignore the amazing world they inhabit.

I was massively surprised then when Oliver made the speech at the end, because all the way through this episode I was just thinking it was pretty stupid for them to give up on recovery so easily. They live in a world of time travel, magic, resurrecting the dead, visiting other dimensions and the afterlife and know people who can phase through walls and have the technology to shrink to the size of an atom. Give it two weeks and Cisco could probably make an exo-suit that lets Felicity walk using a neural implant.

Or at least build her a levitating wheelchair.

Last edited by VisionOn; 01-28-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I was massively surprised then when Oliver made the speech at the end, because all the way through this episode I was just thinking it was pretty stupid for them to give up on recovery so easily. They live in a world of time travel, magic, resurrecting the dead, visiting other dimensions and the afterlife and know people who can phase through walls and have the technology to shrink to the size of an atom. Give it two weeks and Cisco could probably make an exo-suit that lets Felicity walk using a neural implant.

How about Ray's healing nanobot tech?
Old 01-28-2016, 11:39 PM

^^^

Yeah, and that. I think Ray may have taken all the nanobots but even though he is flying through time they could leave him a voicemail.

He could just go back in time to get the formula before his lab exploded and give it to Cisco to make some more. That's what? A couple of days work at the Cisco workbench?

Unless he's still busy making Diggle a new helmet.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
^^^

That's what? A couple of days work at the Cisco workbench?
One day's work at the kitchen table of a home Cisco has never been to before.

I agree that this was a better episode than some. But did I miss something? When Shadowstrike took over ARGUS, they purposely let many of the agents on hand live so they could gradually kill them off. But after only killing the first ARGUS red shirt and Waller, all the other agents seemed to have disappeared before the big fight scene at the end.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
One day's work at the kitchen table of a home Cisco has never been to before.

I agree that this was a better episode than some. But did I miss something? When Shadowstrike took over ARGUS, they purposely let many of the agents on hand live so they could gradually kill them off. But after only killing the first ARGUS red shirt and Waller, all the other agents seemed to have disappeared before the big fight scene at the end.
They probably just locked them in a room off camera to bring out individually. Easiest to control a group if you lock them in a small room then you only need one guard.

Or you know, someone forgot to put the names of the extras on the casting sheet for that day.

Last edited by VisionOn; 01-29-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Apart from a couple of things I thought this week was a surprisingly good Diggle and Felicity episode, with a surprising lack of the usual ridiculousness.

Afghanistan looked like it was a sand pit someone was clearing for a local Walmart but the flashback was nicely linked to the island stuff. However ARGUS have even worse security than STAR Labs. The most secret of top secret organizations and they never revoke security clearances when an agent is captured and killed? Good grief. The show did make up for it when Waller was killed. I did not expect that and they did it without a long drawn out death sequence. Well choreographed fight scene at the end too.

Usual hallucination trope with Felcity but it worked quite seamlessly and I laughed at the Oracle callout. Until the end of this episode the attitude towards her injury was really annoying me though. It's pretty typical of fantasy and SF shows that when someone is injured all the characters just choose to ignore the amazing world they inhabit.

The show did make up for it when Waller was killed.

Isn't Waller suppose to run the Suicide Squad?

If it doesn't kill you...it hurts like hell.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkygod1 View Post
The show did make up for it when Waller was killed.

Isn't Waller suppose to run the Suicide Squad?
Aren't most of the squad on the show dead now? Slade is still alive so I guess he could be put in charge in an episode in the future.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 527
I'm not familiar with the comics, so naturally I'm not following the "Oracle" references. Can someone throw me a bone here?

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
Old 01-30-2016, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
I'm not familiar with the comics, so naturally I'm not following the "Oracle" references. Can someone throw me a bone here?
Commissioner Gordon's daughter became Batgirl until she was shot in the spine by Joker. From then on she used a wheelchair and as Oracle assisted Batman in the field using her computer lab hidden in a clock tower.

She was played on TV by Dina Meyer in the early WB series Birds of Prey.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 527
Thanks VisionOn.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
Old 01-30-2016, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 485
I too liked the nod to "anything can happen" with regards to Felicity. It was a good speech that for a real-world wheelchair-bound person could be taken as non-offensive and even inspirational to accept and work with your disability AND simultaneously recognize that they are on a show where people have come back from the dead and magic exists... so a good balance of the realities of Felicity's situation.

It doesn't give away anything in any plots as far as I can tell... but Damian Dark had a cameo on Legends of Tomorrow this week, too... wasn't expecting that.

The Waller death surprised me. I did not see that coming, even up to the moment it happened. Of course it could be a way to setup a revolving door where "Waller" is the name of whomever the woman in charge is... so they could have a new Amanda Waller in charge as soon as they need one... kind of like James Bond.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Since they have brought in so many old DC tv actors into Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, I wish they would create a role for Dina Meyer. Ideally, they would bring in all three actors from Birds of Prey, but I would settle for bringing in Dina Meyer in any capacity.

And I still think the biggest casting mistake they have ever made was with Ra's al Ghul. They should have gotten Adrian Paul. He definitely would have been 1000 times more convincing in the sword-fight scenes.

Duane
Old 01-30-2016, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 1289
I have to say that I was pretty thrilled when Waller died. I am so sick of fictional (?!) covert government agencies that basically act as terrorist organisations killing whomever they want whenever they wish. ARGUS is illegal on so many levels that I have absolutely no sympathy regarding the death of its leader. Sadly, I expect it'll be business as usual as soon as her replacement arrives.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Liked: 10679
I'm finding it harder and harder to stay with this show.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
Since they have brought in so many old DC tv actors into Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, I wish they would create a role for Dina Meyer. Ideally, they would bring in all three actors from Birds of Prey, but I would settle for bringing in Dina Meyer in any capacity.
I though Meyer was miscast on Birds of Prey. She was too old back then to be Batgirl/Oracle. Wierdly, Felicity feels about the correct age for Batgirl to become Oracle so I think the show could have got away with it. It's not as if Batman or Joker is going to make an appearance to contradict the story. Having Oracle actually appear might be fun though, since they have already acknowledged her existence.

I wouldn't mind seeing Meyer as someone (or something ...) else though just as a sideways nod to the old show. Must be an opening for another sexy hero mom after Felicity's mom likely gets killed.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I'm finding it harder and harder to stay with this show.
Same here - I've let it fall 5 or 6 episodes behind and don't foresee catching up anytime soon - I'll probably keep recording the remainder of this season just in case.

That leaves Gotham as the only "superhero" show left on my watch list, and the return of Fish will most likely add a few nails to its coffin...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
Old 01-31-2016, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Aren't most of the squad on the show dead now? Slade is still alive so I guess he could be put in charge in an episode in the future.
Isn't Dead Shot still alive?

If it doesn't kill you...it hurts like hell.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkygod1 View Post
Isn't Dead Shot still alive?
Wasn't he last seen on top of an exploding building?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Liked: 10679
Quote:
Wasn't he last seen on top of an exploding building?
He was last seen whining how he wasn't nominated for an Oscar.
Sparkygod1 likes this.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I have to say that I was pretty thrilled when Waller died. I am so sick of fictional (?!) covert government agencies that basically act as terrorist organisations killing whomever they want whenever they wish. ARGUS is illegal on so many levels that I have absolutely no sympathy regarding the death of its leader. Sadly, I expect it'll be business as usual as soon as her replacement arrives.
I assumed killing Waller was to open the door for Lila to take over. She was essentially named Waller's second (most trusted lieutenant) in this episode.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 410
I think the grave is Felicity's mom. Lance just betrayed Darhk and he has to teach a lesson. He gets to hit two birds with one stone on this lesson. The other evidence against it being Lance, is no daughter presence at the grave. Even though I can't imagine they wouldn't be there for Felicity. Maybe just a late stay for Oliver.

But, for Felicity to disregard all the humanity she's forcing on the green arrow, I think it's a pretty close relation to her.o

It's amazing how many people with guns end up never using their guns in this show. Also amazing is the level of fighting ability everyone has. Or that they just blow smoke up my ass about how good the league is supposed to be. Everyone can fight as good or better.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Old 02-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Yeah but Felicity wasn't there either, wouldn't she be there at her own mom's grave.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
Old 02-01-2016, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Can't put my finger on it but something........not sure what......seemed really "quiet" about last weeks episode
Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Yeah but Felicity wasn't there either, wouldn't she be there at her own mom's grave.
She was in the car. Quite likely she was wheeled back after the funeral first and Oliver decided to hang around until Barry appeared.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I believe it IS Felicity who is in the grave. The woman in the car without the 'ring' is the Earth-2 Felicity who can walk, who doesn't have hacker skills, but who was in the Earth-2 Central City on the critical day and therefore has meta-human powers. She replaces the Earth-1 Felicity in season 5 ala Dr. Wells (and she just happens to despise the Earth-2 Oliver Queen and can barely tolerate being forced to work with the Earth-1 Oliver).

Duane
Keenan and Aleron Ives like this.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 1289
That would quite possibly be the best thing that has happened to this show in years.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I hate shapeshifters. It violates watchers trust to invest in the drama. Doppelgangers from another universe does same.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
She was played on TV by Dina Meyer in the early WB series Birds of Prey.
Ugh. Thanks for the trip down Unpleasant Memory Lane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement