"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 269Likes

post #2011 of 2022 Old 02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3403 Post(s)
Liked: 6302
Felicity's father. I didn't see that one coming.
VisionOn likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2022 Old 02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1060
Another surprisingly solid episode this week, unlike The Flash. The usual TV hacking lameness aside and the plot from Live Free or Die Hard, the rest of it was mostly all good.

The return guests worked well and a lot of group hand-to-hand combat and some good stunts made this an action-packed episode that worked. Amell's freerun training clearly paid off and Katrina Law sliced and diced pretty well in some well executed sword sequences. Far better than when Matt Nable tried it. I really wish Law had been cast as Laurel because she just fits on the show better in every way. That said even Laurel managed to get a genuinely slick moment of stunt jumping this week and we didn't have to suffer her Canary Whine either. Roy too got a ziplining hero moment and didn't fall down. That offset the one pretty lame stunt in which the stunt double jumped over a railing and behind a computer rack so Colton Haynes could run out from where he had obviously been hiding and into the camera. I was fine with the Thea Lifetime movie scenes too since it was a Roy going away party and Thea dying actually tied in to a better story angle.

Even Shado reappearing actually worked because they just stated from the beginning it was all just imaginary.

Plus Merlyn makes an appearance, Mr Terrific got to be nearly terrific and a villain that despite having a lame name, was actually one of the least stupid of all. With a very good twist.
mike1812 likes this.

post #2013 of 2022 Old 02-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 260
The scenes with Roy and Oliver felt like they were about to kiss or just have sex right there. Way too heavy bromance going on. Also shado actor is horrible at acting.
post #2014 of 2022 Old Today, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Ah well I knew the silent canary version of Arrow would not last long.....she was back in full volume this week.
post #2015 of 2022 Old Today, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked: 510
How does Oliver defeat Malcolm so easily?

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2016 of 2022 Old Today, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I quit watching 5 or 6 episodes ago. One of the main reasons is that the outcomes of these confrontations are purely arbitrary, and don't usually matter in the long run anyway...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #2017 of 2022 Old Today, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
That was my thought, too. Oliver barely beat him at the end of season 1. I haven't seen anything in intervening time that implied Oliver's skills have greatly improved or that Malcolm's have gotten worse.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. I just think they should have shaved 45 seconds from somewhere else in the episode and extended the Oliver vs Malcolm fight longer to make it feel like the victory was more of a challenge.

Duane
post #2018 of 2022 Old Today, 05:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked: 1253
Quote:
But you know why! Because the writers wrote it that way, they did this week anyway... Next week? Who knows...
post #2019 of 2022 Old Today, 06:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah apart from Ollie beating Malcolm far too quickly (that should have been epic - his fights with lame villains lasted longer), this was another solid episode with some big moves. The League being disbanded, Malcolm going to Darhk and Felicity turning in her father so soon were all pretty good story moves. The fight choreographers have really put in the work over the last few episodes too.

The show has been working much better with a limited team and less comic-ness. Laurel's Canary Whine really stuck out this week as out of place. The show has gone back to being dark and melodramatic in good ways. With Barrowman pulling out his angry face again and everyone else reeling in the hyper-reactions to be less cartoonish. Thea in a coma just demonstrates how better the show is with less characters on deck all trying to get a piece of the action hero pie.

From the preview though it looks like it's back to all-hands on deck fighting some more gimmick villains next week.

post #2020 of 2022 Old Today, 08:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3403 Post(s)
Liked: 6302
I like to keep one of these in my back pocket. You know, just in case.

Spoiler!

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #2021 of 2022 Old Today, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1353 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
You know, it was really nice of Darhk to stay home knitting the past few weeks so that all of these B- and C-tier plots could happen without interruption.
post #2022 of 2022 Old Today, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
You know, it was really nice of Darhk to stay home knitting the past few weeks so that all of these B- and C-tier plots could happen without interruption.
Isn't he working on his wife's campaign?

At least some people in the election race for Star City are putting some time and effort into it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming