"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 376Likes

post #2311 of 2317 Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 485
I was going to ask why the "mature viewers" warning before the show... but given how Internet forums discuss such topics, I think I figured out the answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2317 Old Today, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Hey, at least there wasn't "And now a very special episode of Arrow." Oh,wait a minute.......
post #2313 of 2317 Old Today, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I finally got around to watching this weeks episode. I concur with other comments about this episode. This show was NOT a "Green Arrow" program. It was political dogma with a "wrapping" of "Green Arrow" characters. Joseph Goebbels would have been proud at the propaganda that was espoused on the show this week. I watch this show for entertainment, not political activism. If I want political diatribes, there are many other shows that do this as their main function. C'mon producers/writers---get back to showing the viewers stories about "Green Arrow" and his fight against evil in his city.

The above are my opinions and should not be construed to reflect upon others. YMMV.

post #2314 of 2317 Old Today, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
I finally got around to watching this weeks episode. I concur with other comments about this episode. This show was NOT a "Green Arrow" program. It was political dogma with a "wrapping" of "Green Arrow" characters. Joseph Goebbels would have been proud at the propaganda that was espoused on the show this week. I watch this show for entertainment, not political activism. If I want political diatribes, there are many other shows that do this as their main function. C'mon producers/writers---get back to showing the viewers stories about "Green Arrow" and his fight against evil in his city.

The above are my opinions and should not be construed to reflect upon others. YMMV.
While I stick to my criticism, the show wasn't propaganda and wasn't really taking a side other than to say that the issue should be talked about without just getting angry about it. It was just done so poorly. They didn't even really explain the ultimate compromise.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2315 of 2317 Old Today, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
As soon as I heard the first exchange about gun control, I thought, "Oh, I know what the AVS discussion of this week's episode is going to look like."

I would argue that this was the worst episode of Arrow ever, because not only was it poorly done, but it was a complete non sequitur. It had no bearing on any of the other plotlines from this season, except for Thea returning from... somewhere, and Laurel 2.0 renting a new apartment. Woo. You could easily skip this week's episode and not have missed anything important.
post #2316 of 2317 Old Today, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2212 Post(s)
Liked: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
While I stick to my criticism, the show wasn't propaganda and wasn't really taking a side other than to say that the issue should be talked about without just getting angry about it. It was just done so poorly. They didn't even really explain the ultimate compromise.
As far as I could tell, they didn't explain it at all. We spent an hour debating the issue and by the end it was, "We solved it! See you next week!".
post #2317 of 2317 Old Today, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1587 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Their "compromise" was complete nonsense. Oliver said something about it protecting citizens while not encroaching upon people's ability to buy, own, or carry guns, or something to that effect, which in essence means that the legislation did nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page