'Revolution' on NBC - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 1982 Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 64
The little girl that they got to play "young Charlie" was spot-on. She had the same mannerisms, facial expressions, voice, eye color, everything. If I didn't know better, I'd say it WAS the actress that plays Charlie, only ten years prior.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I agree totally.
post #603 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

With the several annoying scenes of wounded people being prayed over and the dead getting "in the field" funerals and the bad guys being all "woe is me" every time the good guys fight back and kill one of their team, I'm going to assume they were taken care of.
But seriously, if next week's episode has one more person lamenting over the dead or dying and either giving them last rites in the middle of a gunfight or a full funeral and burial after they die - I'm out. I hate fake sympathy.

Guess you're out after last night's episode? Another bites the dust.
post #604 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So, I'm thinking I must have missed something with the wife being held hostage. I see one scene where there's some "sergeant" who lays out what I suspect were tools for torture, and the next time I see her she's being being told her son will be there soon and may be tortured as well. Did I miss a scene or something?
post #605 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr b View Post

So, I'm thinking I must have missed something with the wife being held hostage. I see one scene where there's some "sergeant" who lays out what I suspect were tools for torture, and the next time I see her she's being being told her son will be there soon and may be tortured as well. Did I miss a scene or something?

+1. She did not look tortured in that next scene. What happened?
post #606 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I laughed out loud again last night watching "Charlie" act, and try to show emotion...Someone said she was a catalog model??? Billy Burke and his new hot side-kick continue to impress.... I'm still watching..
post #607 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post

+1. She did not look tortured in that next scene. What happened?

I think we all missed a scene, or the continuity director was out for coffee, or something.
I even backtracked in my recording -- nothing.
post #608 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Listen to what monroe tells her. He told the mom her son will be there in an hour and we will see if she will talk when monroe is taking out her sons molars. She is not going to be tortured the son is.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

post #609 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Guess you're out after last night's episode? Another bites the dust.
For what it's worth, there was no funeral. They didn't even show whether they buried her somewhere or just left her. However, let me count the many other ways the episode made my eyes roll:

1 - So, apparently, we can seal up foods in mass market cans with Monroe "M's" on them (as seen in the opening scene), but we don't have mechanical devices, bicycles and steam devices (except, apparently, one train...)? Plus, we can't make bullets?

2 - Miles and the rest in town: "Hey, we're close to Danny. We can catch up." Danny and the rest in the armpit of nowhere travel onward to someplace that takes 4 episodes to get there...

3 - Apparently the folks on this show have the same supplier of "everlasting torches" as the ones on "Lost" because apparently nobody thought to bring along an oil lantern. Then they brilliantly toss their only one away to attract the attention of some attack dogs that don't get fed at home. Now, instead of walking quietly away with light to see with, they get to run in the dark. Perhaps that food in the pack might be attracting them...

4 - Apparently, Mr. "I'm the very observant Insurance Adjuster" can't recognize when a really, really bad storm is coming - but he'll take the word of a prisoner over the opinions of his own men.

5 - Doesn't anyone understand that when you tell your captive to "don't move", that's the first thing they're going to do? Let's leave him unguarded just to be certain.

6 - Charlie once again has to stop Miles from killing someone and Miles has to tell her how stupid she is. I mean, she is, but still...it's like constantly observing that the sun is bright...in fact, the sun is bright right now, meaning exactly how close do they think they are to Danny? Perhaps its just an isolate tornado bearing cell...

7 - Apparently, there are abandoned carnivals everywhere. Nothing says "apocalypse" like abandoned carnivals ...

8- "Do you mind finding another large lake somewhere else? I've claimed this one to die next to. I know it's big, but I can't do this anywhere else at all - and I can't wait a minute or two while you fill up those soda bottles.."

9 - "It's the dogs again! They must really hate these cans! Use one of the phone books to fend them off...the pages from 'Johnson to Monroe' should be enough..."

10 - "Let's hide in this basement filled with supplies to ride out the storm and bond with each other."

11 - "I'm going to be dead soon, but not as soon as when I was going to kill myself."
"No, we won't let you."
"OK, stitch me up with no medical experience with a sewing kit I brought instead of a lantern. It's in the bag next to those cans market with big "M's".

12 - Hey, we made it through the storm. Praise the Lord, despite the fact that all my men are likely dead and I'll have to bury them with a garden trowel...***crash***...."help me! You're a good person, so help me!" Of course, after helping him, Neville immediately recaptures Danny. Now we know Charlie being stupid is a family trait.

13 - Wait, the rescue team for Charlie is near. Time to rig up a complicated trap intended to shoot her when they come through the door. There's plenty of time to tie her to a chair and gag her, set up and aim the crossbow, run the wire and rig up the bar to the door handle...then make my slick escape...

14 - "I quieted the dogs all at once with this one syringe. They respect the syringe...just like everyone needs to respect the badge..."

15 - "Wait...my sewing skills didn't save you? Um...who are you reading to? Oh, did you want me to turn the magic gadget on so you could see your kids faces one last time? Here, I think it's in the bag next to the cans...oh, never mind...does this mean you aren't going to return the favor and sew up my dog bite?"

16 - "We specialize in torture that is invisible to the viewers at home. We want everyone to stay purdy-like..."

17 - I'm just going to wander into the militia camp and surrender. I'll also announce myself since no one seems to care I'm there and could have wiped out the entire leadership while their backs were turned. Say, wasn't Joe supposed to be on perimeter guard duty?

....and a one and a two and a three...... "Spiders go awaaaaaay!...."

For what it's worth, at least we'll see a steam train next week according to the previews. Apparently, both Danny and Charlie will be near it, so we might see Miles and Neville face off in the next 4 episodes or so...heck, we might see Danny rescued by the end of the season...
post #610 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Listen to what monroe tells her. He told the mom her son will be there in an hour and we will see if she will talk when monroe is taking out her sons molars. She is not going to be tortured the son is.
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Except, earlier, the other guy shows up with some sort of device and apologizes to her for what he has to do. Further, Monroe talks about "how tough she'll be" when they work over Danny. The implication is they tortured her in some invisible magic way.
post #611 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

14 - "I quieted the dogs all at once with this one syringe. They respect the syringe...just like everyone needs to respect the badge..."

I believe that was a dog whistle not a syringe.

Can't really disagree the rest though, funny stuff!
post #612 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Well if it wasn't clear before, this last episode made it clear that the brother and sister are too dumb to live in a post-apocalyptic world.

Sweetheart, if you're staring down the bolt of a crossbow clearly aimed at your head, just bend forward - don't count on breaking the chair free that is bolted to the floor.
post #613 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 105
But where is the drama in that? wink.gif

Bobby 

post #614 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Sollars View Post

I believe that was a dog whistle not a syringe.
Can't really disagree the rest though, funny stuff!
So, he wanted to call them to him?

Of course, that's actually even worse than the syringe. Where exactly did he conjure up a dog whistle?
post #615 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

But where is the drama in that? wink.gif

The way they are struggling to manufacture drama, you'd think this was set in a 1980's middle-class day care center.
post #616 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
They did address the lack of tall ships and steamships. He pulled the dog whistle off the neck of the crazy dude. He had it on a neck chain. Don't know how you missed that, probaly looking down as you wrote your notes to blast the show.

Argee
post #617 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

They did address the lack of tall ships and steamships.
Refresh my memory...what would the reason be?
post #618 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

When the English lady was in Chicago during the flashback looking for a boat to take her to the east coast (great lakes/st Lawerence seaway) the old sailor told her no one goes there anymore and even if they did there were no tall ships or steamships left to take her to England as most had been destroyed in the various regional wars after the blackout or siezed by the militias.

It does seem they are slowly fleshing out the backstory and with flashbacks clueing us a bit about the history of this world.

Argee
post #619 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

When the English lady was in Chicago during the flashback looking for a boat to take her to the east coast (great lakes/st Lawerence seaway) the old sailor told her no one goes there anymore and even if they did there were no tall ships or steamships left to take her to England as most had been destroyed in the various regional wars after the blackout or siezed by the militias.
So....they couldn't build anymore? Is there a lack of wood? Are we not able to weave canvas or other suitable material for sails? Can't we round up some pot heads to grow hemp for ropes?

These have to be the laziest people ever. How did they survive this long?

I can just picture the conversation:

Writers: "What about ships? Steam ships and sailing ships would still work, right?"

Production Designers: "We don't have the budget for those."

Writers: "OK, so here's the plan: there was a big war and they all got destroyed."

One Writer in the Room: "Couldn't they build some more?"

Producer: "You're fired...."

Writers: "So, we're all agreed...there aren't any ships left."
post #620 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Liked: 13
NetworkTV...I loved your posting, Can you provide them for each episode (Not Sarchasm).

For some reason I still like watching this train wreck. PUN INTENDED.
joblo likes this.
post #621 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

The militias control everything. General Dynamics is not around selling to the highest bidder. I am sure they can build more under some sort of forced labor program.

Argee
post #622 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Aside from also wondering why Charlie didn't just bend forward to avoid the arrow, I couldn't help chuckling at the number of camera cuts they used to show and re-show the various parts of the arrow-launching contraption the guy set up to shoot her. We get that opening the door causes the arrow to fire, thanks. It's not necessary to cut between the crossbow and the arrow half a dozen times with Charlie screaming the entire time. One also has to wonder why she was screaming her head off at all, when she could have stayed silent until she had enough time to work herself free. "I'm over here! Open this door and shoot me in the face ASAP!"
post #623 of 1982 Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Saying all the tall ships were destroyed for the wood has to possibly be one of the dumbest plot devices I've ever heard of. Well at least they still have plenty of slave labor to maintain the rails for all those steam-engines that are still working.rolleyes.gif

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #624 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Saying all the tall ships were destroyed for the wood has to possibly be one of the dumbest plot devices I've ever heard of. Well at least they still have plenty of slave labor to maintain the rails for all those steam-engines that are still working.rolleyes.gif

I would think wood should be a rare resource after the first winter.

Argee
post #625 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 04:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I would think wood should be a rare resource after the first winter.
Why?

There are several other fuel sources that don't require electricity to obtain or use. We've been using oil and kerosene since the 1800's and coal long before that.

Of course, it's also obvious that wood is plentiful since they spend a lot of time walking through a whole lot of trees. Further, we've seen plenty of abandoned places with literally tons of wood objects sitting unused people could burn if they wanted to.
post #626 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:

So, he wanted to call them to him?
Of course, that's actually even worse than the syringe. Where exactly did he conjure up a dog whistle?

He took it off the guys neck after they killed him, they clearly showed it.

post #627 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So....they couldn't build anymore? Is there a lack of wood? Are we not able to weave canvas or other suitable material for sails? Can't we round up some pot heads to grow hemp for ropes?

A few things.

First, after the wars, millions where probably dead. Second, after the loss of power, no medicine, lack of food, survival, gangs, fights erupting over everything, etc. millions more would be dead. So the people that are left, I doubt their focus is building ships, but surviving.

Second, and more importantly, why would they WANT to build them. Is that what someone would really want to do, spend all that time, to build a ship to sail to what? Another chunk of land with another militia/military/no power/struggling civilization. Oh joy joy. There is no reason to sail somewhere else, the while world is impacted, the whole world is in the same situation. What are you sailing too? They use to have ships so they some communication with the outside world before the fighting broke out, obviously no one else is really best off. So if this were to really happen and the whole world was impacted, your first instinct is we have to build boats to sail to another country????

post #628 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

My biggest groan momment in this episode was the whole crossbow scene. Not only could she just move her head or duck down, they clearly showed her not even in the line of sight when she was thrashing around so she obviously had enough slack because when the camera was behind the arrow looking down and she moved, the arrow was pointing at the wall. Ugh, hated that scene.

Also hated the son not killing his captor when he had the chance. Really? They killed your father in front of you and you think these people are suddenly good people?

post #629 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why?
There are several other fuel sources that don't require electricity to obtain or use. We've been using oil and kerosene since the 1800's and coal long before that.
Of course, it's also obvious that wood is plentiful since they spend a lot of time walking through a whole lot of trees. Further, we've seen plenty of abandoned places with literally tons of wood objects sitting unused people could burn if they wanted to.

they would be almost no transportation to move coal and oil or refinery/drilling or mining going on for a number of years. You act as if there is a big standby of horse and wagon and water mills and what have you. It would take a while retool to a non electric world, not something that just happens overnight.

Its clear this show bothers you and why you continue to watch is baffling. You set and take notes and list 20 things wrong, gosh, watch something else and enjoy your life.

Argee
post #630 of 1982 Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
NetworkTV, I loved the comments about the show. You forgot to add that dogs, even if they are vicious, are not going to leave a fresh kill to pursue humans unless the humans are about to take their kill. They'll usually growl at the humans as a way to say go away.

When the British woman was trying to get back to England, I thought she was already in New York or somewhere in that vicinity. I'll have to go back and watch it again.
joblo likes this.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page