post #901 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rviele View Post

am i supposed to believe that the fuel for the helicopters is good after 15 years?

Not only the fuel but all the mechanical and electrical parts were working perfectly after being stale for 15 years.....

Anyone hoping the big hiatus will contribute to show's cancellation?
cocoon likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 701
By all means, let's hope this show gets canceled. Then we'll be one step closer to the entire broadcast universe being composed of cop/doc procedurals, reality/competition shows, and formulaic sitcoms. Heaven forbid anyone tries anything different, challenging or serialized because we'll just nitpick it to death anyway.

Hey, another episode of 'Swamp Hoarders Makeover' is on; gotta' run. Gosh, I really love that show! No nits to pick and it draws a 3.1 in the 18-34 demo.
post #903 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I liked the concept, but there were too many lousy writing moments I lost count.. not to mention some bad acting

post #904 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

Consider yourself lucky. I don't know why I continue to watch this show? It is so bad. How does it get renewed and Last Resort gets canceled? Oh, because ABC puts their one good new drama on at 8 pm! This series is coming off the DVR for next year. I hope the chopper mows em all down! Well that might be worth seeing.

Why do people compare this to Last Resort and then blame this one for Last Resort being canceled? Why not blame Mob Doctor or NCIS Tokyo or Dancing with the Ice Truckers pawn stars restorations.

Overnights came in and Revolution jumped .3 from last week. I would bet good money it gets a second season renewal in the spring and I know many here will have sleepless nights because of that.

Argee
post #905 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

It took half a season, but someone finally grabbed a gun off a dead guy and started using it. Brilliant!

But Miles did not pick up the nice shinny Desert Eagle Neville threw him.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #906 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
how about we take one of the tridents and shoot it at ABC.
post #907 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

Why do people compare this to Last Resort and then blame this one for Last Resort being canceled? Why not blame Mob Doctor or NCIS Tokyo or Dancing with the Ice Truckers pawn stars restorations.
Overnights came in and Revolution jumped .3 from last week. I would bet good money it gets a second season renewal in the spring and I know many here will have sleepless nights because of that.

I wasn't comparing them. Just that this show is lackluster and others, the one's you mentioned included, are a waste of electrons (for me). I believe that it was already announced that Revolution was renewed for next year and that was my woe.

I was also one that complained when Dollhouse was renewed and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles was not. I am hopeful that a cable network might pickup Last Resort, but will not hold my breath.

I liked the idea of Revolution, but it becomes so ludicrous to see Miles and the rest out run bullets. Come on, man!
post #908 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

'Dollhouse' was terrific and then some, IMO. 'Sarah Conner' was the most compelling take in the Terminator universe. Both got better as they went along and the writers got up to speed with the characters and plotlines. In a smarter world they both would have survived and prospered. 'Revolution' has its flaws, sure, but it's miles better than another NCIS: [insert generic city here].
post #909 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

But Miles did not pick up the nice shinny Desert Eagle Neville threw him.

I was talking about when Charlie grabbed the gun off the guy she knocked out in the holding cell. I guess I was wrong when I said off a dead guy. I don't think she killed him with that blow. That's my biggest pet peeve about the show is they don't grab any guns off these people.
post #910 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

The thing that surprises me about LAST RESORT is it does very badly in the DVR plus 7 numbers as well. it just did not catch on. Probaly those early boring soapy episodes. ABC did air it twice a week and really tried to grab an audience but failed.

I know what some think of Revolution but it is number 2 or 3 each week in its DVR plus 7 ratings and it gets a big 18-49 number which sponsers love.

Argee
post #911 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

'Revolution' creator talks fall finale, says second half is better than first

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/27/revolution-finale-interview/

May be some spoilers so read at your own risk.

Argee
post #912 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
What turns me off about this show is that the "bad guys" in the militia actually act like bad guys. What makes strong dynamic characters (that will last several seasons) is if your bad guys are actually behaving in an altruistic manner, and truly believe they are doing the right thing. Instead, every single person in the militia we meet acts like an *******. You even have one character who has been described as being actually clinically insane, and they put him in charge of finding and killing people. He's the definition of bad guy.

Seriously, the whole plot of the first half of season one is Monroe getting his hands on tanks and helicopters? Why, exactly? Not so he can finally unite the country and try to bring humankind back into some semblance of life... oh no. He wants to raise holy hell and murder people. Then you have Neville who says stupid stuff like "if you kill my wife, I will hunt you down and kill you". Right, because he doesn't deserve his wife getting killed based on the way he acted. It's the exact same scenario in reverse. The easy response from Miles should be "you killed my brother, now we're even". These characters do not act realistically at all.

I don't like my bad guys acting bad for the sake of being bad. They need to truly believe they're doing the right thing. We need to be able to sympathize with the bad guys while at the same time know that our heroes are on the right side.

This show is terrible.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #913 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

'Revolution' creator talks fall finale, says second half is better than first
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/27/revolution-finale-interview/

No matter what was said in the interview, Rachel could easily have gotten the pendant after killing the guy. But, obviously doing so would ruin the plot line of the 2nd half.

Ya, they still would have one pendant. But, having only one would reduce the number of choppers and tanks that can be used.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #914 of 1982 Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 410
I can't decide what struck me most about the episode -- another instance of Charlie coming oh-so-close to getting shot in the face (maybe next time?), or Nora's brilliant deduction, "We're bait. This is a trap." This show never ceases to disappoint and amaze at the same time and for the wrong reasons.
post #915 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Monroe-Miles showdown, Monroe pull a single sword, Miles pulls a pair, when they are fighting Monroe has 2 and Miles has 1.....

I loved how fast they put the device into the helicopter, get a pilot and get that chopper up in no time... but I bet the chopper guns aren't loaded..

post #916 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I loved how fast they put the device into the helicopter, get a pilot and get that chopper up in no time... but I bet the chopper guns aren't loaded..
Did we establish yet the range of the amplifying device? I was assuming the chopper could be powered by the device where it was originally located. The pendant alone could probably power the chopper. What I was expecting was for the power plant to begin turning on.
post #917 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

Did we establish yet the range of the amplifying device? I was assuming the chopper could be powered by the device where it was originally located. The pendant alone could probably power the chopper. What I was expecting was for the power plant to begin turning on.
The power plant was turning on, several of the bells and whistles were lighting up as our fearless crew was escaping. Whether or not that means they could actually generate power, who knows with this TV show.

As far as range, didn't Rachel state that the amplifier would work over a mile and a half or something like that? It wasn't in this episode, but the previous one, when she was describing the amplifier's abilities.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #918 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I don't know about anyone else. But Billy Burke reminds me of David Carusso when he was on NYPD Blue as far as some of his mannerisms.
post #919 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It struck me how the power plant's intake tunnel was seemingly left unguarded and allowed them to walk right in.

Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Directv since '03
post #920 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana627 View Post

It struck me how the power plant's intake tunnel was seemingly left unguarded and allowed them to walk right in.
And that Aaron would even know about it.
post #921 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Monroe-Miles showdown, Monroe pull a single sword, Miles pulls a pair, when they are fighting Monroe has 2 and Miles has 1.....

Monroe did have two swords on his belt. But the two down to one, oops!

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #922 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

The power plant was turning on, several of the bells and whistles were lighting up as our fearless crew was escaping. Whether or not that means they could actually generate power, who knows with this TV show.
As far as range, didn't Rachel state that the amplifier would work over a mile and a half or something like that? It wasn't in this episode, but the previous one, when she was describing the amplifier's abilities.
Except, wasn't the amplifier fake? I thought it turned out she was making a bomb or something...
post #923 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

By all means, let's hope this show gets canceled. Then we'll be one step closer to the entire broadcast universe being composed of cop/doc procedurals, reality/competition shows, and formulaic sitcoms. Heaven forbid anyone tries anything different, challenging or serialized because we'll just nitpick it to death anyway.
Hey, another episode of 'Swamp Hoarders Makeover' is on; gotta' run. Gosh, I really love that show! No nits to pick and it draws a 3.1 in the 18-34 demo.

So you feel that people should watch a show that they are finding less enjoyable each episode because of the possibility of something more boring replacing it? How about doing what more and more people are doing, watch the innovative cable dramas. There is no reason why AMC and FX both have, individually, more top notch dramas than a network like ABC for instance. Grimm is far superior to this show, so NBC is starting to get it. But for years, it's NBCU little brother, USA has had much better dramas.

I've been watching Revolution from the start and, quite frankly, it's becoming a chore. Maybe a break will do it some good.
post #924 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I was actually looking forward to this show but got REALLY BORED after a couple of episodes.
post #925 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Except, wasn't the amplifier fake? I thought it turned out she was making a bomb or something...

That was earlier. She was enticed to make the amplifier when they threatened to kill on or the other of her children...

Bobby 

post #926 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

That was earlier...
Yes, but I assumed that was what he was referring to when he mentioned it was in another episode. At that point, when she gave the specs, it wasn't a real amplifier.
post #927 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Show of hands ..... who thinks the kids are actually Mile:eek:s???

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #928 of 1982 Old 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post

I've been watching Revolution from the start and, quite frankly, it's becoming a chore. Maybe a break will do it some good.

Well, there's time for Charlie to get in another 4 months of acting lessons.
post #929 of 1982 Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:

Yes, but I assumed that was what he was referring to when he mentioned it was in another episode. At that point, when she gave the specs, it wasn't a real amplifier.

It was orignally an amplifier, but she was making it into an amplifier for the bomb not the pendant.

post #930 of 1982 Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

That was earlier. She was enticed to make the amplifier when they threatened to kill on or the other of her children...

Monroe mentioned that he had the other scientist, the one Rachel stabbed with the screwdriver, also independently working on an amplifier.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page