post #991 of 1982 Old 03-27-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I like the fact that they put their logo on the helecopters before they even knew if they'd ever get them running...

I, too, was impressed that Monroe has such a proactive advertising staff. We'll probably start seeing Monroe missle launchers, Monroe radios, and Monroe Jeeps now that Q is working with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1982 Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Boy is this show dumb. But hell, I guess it's fun to complain so I'll keep watching until I tire of it.tongue.gif

I was also happy when the kid died. It was his own fault, didn't shed a tear over it.biggrin.gif

They should just give up and let Monroe take over the US. It would probably be a much more interesting show.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #993 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Boy is this show dumb. But hell, I guess it's fun to complain so I'll keep watching until I tire of it.tongue.gif

I was also happy when the kid died. It was his own fault, didn't shed a tear over it.biggrin.gif

They should just give up and let Monroe take over the US. It would probably be a much more interesting show.

I'm just now joining this complain-a-thon. I've been watching since the begining, but never thought to check out this thread.

For anyone who has issues with the poor writing of this show, check out FOX's "Following". It makes Revolution's writing look Emmy worthy.

I too am glad the kid is gone. That voice was really, really grating. The girl is an annoying know-it-all with no experience (her constantly telling Miles, the former second in command of the Militia what she would and would not do). I would wish her gone as well if not for that dress she wore to the Irish camp.

Gonna go back and check out some of the previous posts.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #994 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

I'm just now joining this complain-a-thon.
... We're just having a bit of fun, that's all- nothing serious.
It's just that when you see things that are so far fetched (like engines running on 15+ year old fuel, computers still running with 15-20 year old hard drives, etc...) it difficult to remain silent tongue.gif

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #995 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

... We're just having a bit of fun, that's all- nothing serious.
It's just that when you see things that are so far fetched (like engines running on 15+ year old fuel, computers still running with 15-20 year old hard drives, etc...) it difficult to remain silent tongue.gif
So, what do 15 year old engines, hard drives and Playboys have in common?

...stickage... wink.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #996 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

It think episode 13 where we get "the big reveal" is going to be the make or break point for this show.
I can already imagine the reaction here the next morning eek.gif

I am hanging in there until then so I can at least hear the story. After that, I'll decide if I want to stick it out to the end.
post #997 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Which is ep 13? this comming one?
post #998 of 1982 Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Which is ep 13? this comming one?
Next up is episode 12..
http://www.tvrage.com/Revolution

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #999 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 02:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

...stickage... wink.gif

The power loss was supposed to have occurred around this time, give or take a couple of years. As such, HDD motor stickage is a thing of the past. The odds are pretty damn good that the HDDs would spin up. But, based upon what I've seen, they've been spinning up these drives for years.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1000 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgerskid View Post

Random question....

What would happen to the entire satellite network after 15 years of neglect? Just curious if anyone has any ideas on this.

I'm pretty sure I've explained this in a past posting.

In any event, the geo-synchronous birds would ultimately drift to the nearest gravity well, of which there are two. Even if the birds were not affected by the power outage (we have no idea how far away from the earth the effect was), they need communication with ground control, which feeds commands to the birds to do station keeping. The life of a bird is not the electronics, but the station keeping fuel. If the birds were powered down, the odds are pretty damn good that once power was returned, ground control could find the bird and get it to move back into its orbital slot. That would shorten the life because of the fuel used. Even if the power didn't go out, the electronics should still be good, as none of the transponders would be powered up, as nothing was being sent to them.

As for lower earth satellites, like the GPS birds, they probably would have been shut down, as they were probably within the effect field. So, unless their orbits decayed in the 15 years, they would still be orbiting. Would they be effective upon power returning, or if they never lost power.... nope. There is a lot of technology involved with keeping those birds accurate.

The space station would probably have burned up due to orbit decay.

So, in a nutshell, they would all be useless. biggrin.gif

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

post #1001 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

So what's the "magic" blue capsule and how did it get in him? Interesting.

Weren't you watching the same episode I was watching? biggrin.gif

It was implanted when Danny had the surgery as a very young boy.

Mr. Video

post #1002 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

The power amplifier must have a pretty wide range, as those two choppers got pretty far apart. So far apart that the amplifier would have powered the rocket launcher without the need of the pendant.

On another note, I see that no one noticed that Randall was able to get to Philly is very short order, as he was many miles away. Plus, where did he get all of the fuel needed for the car. Ya, I know, his power amplifier, or least a pendant, would have allowed him to pump very stale gas from various gas stations along his route. Just how fast is his car able to go on 15 year-old, unmaintained, roads?

Ya, I know, for shows like this, travel time has to be compressed, otherwise the plot couldn't move forward.

We can nit-pik apart this show forever. I just sit back,suspend belief, and enjoy what is presented.

Enjoy it while you can, as I do not expect NBC to bring it back for a second season.

Mr. Video

post #1003 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Oh, another thought just came to mind.

With all those people on the ground shooting at the choppers, not one of them was able to put a bullet through the cockpit glass and hit the pilots. The choppers were too close to miss like that.

Too many shows have people that can't hit the broadside of a barn if they were standing 10 feet away from it. biggrin.gif

Mr. Video

post #1004 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

The power amplifier must have a pretty wide range, as those two choppers got pretty far apart. So far apart that the amplifier would have powered the rocket launcher without the need of the pendant.

On another note, I see that no one noticed that Randall was able to get to Philly is very short order, as he was many miles away. Plus, where did he get all of the fuel needed for the car. Ya, I know, his power amplifier, or least a pendant, would have allowed him to pump very stale gas from various gas stations along his route. Just how fast is his car able to go on 15 year-old, unmaintained, roads?

Ya, I know, for shows like this, travel time has to be compressed, otherwise the plot couldn't move forward.

We can nit-pik apart this show forever. I just sit back,suspend belief, and enjoy what is presented.

Enjoy it while you can, as I do not expect NBC to bring it back for a second season.

On the other hand I do expect NBC to bring this back as its one of the few shows that is performing for them and it wins its time in 18-49 year olds.

Argee
post #1005 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

On the other hand I do expect NBC to bring this back as its one of the few shows that is performing for them and it wins its time in 18-49 year olds.

Right. Unless it just totally crashes and burns this spring it's coming back. NBC has so few relative successes they're not going to flush this one.
post #1006 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Place your bets... return or no return?

Mr. Video

post #1007 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Return!!!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #1008 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Place your bets... return or no return?
It depends on the numbers in the next few episodes. If they hold steady, it's a shoe-in. If they start dropping, they may dump it and bring in something cheaper.

My prediction: it gets renewed, but barely makes it through the second season before it's done.

post #1009 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

I want it to return, but the networks have been canning a majority of the shows that I like. It is hard to be positive when shows drop like flies.

Mr. Video

post #1010 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I want it to return, but the networks have been canning a majority of the shows that I like. It is hard to be positive when shows drop like flies.
That's why I keep my satellite subscription. I'm finding much better shows there that are given much more time to find an audience than the OTA networks are at this point. It's gotten so that I don't even want to start watching something on the broadcast stations when it likely won't be around in 2 or 3 months (if it even makes it that far).

Heck, I almost don't want to start watching shows that really seem good since my mind automatically says "that's got about 4 episodes in it"...

The problem is, the networks can't just have a show that gets good ratings: it has to win its slot for them to be satisfied. A show could get 12 million viewers, but if the show it's up against gets 14 million, it's toast - in that case, likely after a move to the Friday death slot. On the other hand, a show getting 6 million viewers sticks around because the competition in that slot is only pulling 4.

post #1011 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Right. Unless it just totally crashes and burns this spring it's coming back. NBC has so few relative successes they're not going to flush this one.

Remember that this is the same network that is replacing Jay Leno (who IIRC is #1 in his time slot) w/ Jimmy Fallon. eek.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #1012 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Jimmy Fallon is so much better and funnier then Leno in most people's opinion. It will pull in a younger audience as well.
post #1013 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Jimmy Fallon has yet to replace the Vikings on those credit commercials. What's in your late night? Not Fallon, Leno, Conan, Ferguson, or anyone. It's a time spot for watching DVR material from some hours before.

Steam: Guts
post #1014 of 1982 Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 48
It worked so well the last time they replaced Leno. rolleyes.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #1015 of 1982 Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Jimmy Fallon has yet to replace the Vikings on those credit commercials. What's in your late night? Not Fallon, Leno, Conan, Ferguson, or anyone. It's a time spot for watching DVR material from some hours before.

No kidding. I NEVER watch any of the late night talk shows, Leno included. I'm still using that time to watch programs from earlier that night commercial free on my DVR. To be honest, I don't understand why anyone watches those talk shows past the monologue. Who cares what project the celebrity bimbo du jour like Selena Gomez wants to promote? Do you know why we have screen writers? Because actors and actresses have nothing interesting to say on their own.

Re: Revolution. At least it has a better chance of returning than Whitney. It would be good paired up next season with the Sixth Gun pilot NBC is shooting now.
post #1016 of 1982 Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Late night talk shows are a dated paradigm. They were quite popular in the 1950s for the insomniacs when Steve Allen and then Jack Paar had those shows. The democratization of media means that anyone here can have a talk show either as a podcast or even a video.

Guess I'll DVR next weeks episode but the style of Revolution is so flat I don't want to waste time on it. It shouldn't take that much do a show with a quality of some of the award winning cable network shows without having to "offend" family audiences. The problem is most likely too many cooks (network executives) spoiling the soup so they show they are "doing something" to justify their bonuses.
post #1017 of 1982 Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I guess now they'll be looking for the red pill...

They should try dissecting Charlie.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #1018 of 1982 Old 04-01-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Haha! biggrin.gif
post #1019 of 1982 Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

The can avoid the head.

There's nothing of interest there.

post #1020 of 1982 Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Next week's episode is when all will be told about what happened to the power. I'm interested in hearing that, not sure about anything past that.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page