post #1621 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I call him the Gestapo Guy .. I think that's the look they are going for ..

Played by the versitile Zeljko Ivanek who pops up all over the tube. I think my favorite role of his was the doomed Ray Fiske in 'Damages'. Also loved him as the doomed Magister in 'True Blood'. One way or the other he's usually doomed.

As to Jason Neville, I'm not buying his latest reversal of loyalty (back to his father if we're keeping count). I think he was willing to sacrifice those two patriot snipers to ultimately bag his dad - he's still brainwashed.

Of course, I totally blew the call on Monroe's "revival" so what do I know? tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Played by the versitile Zeljko Ivanek who pops up all over the tube. I think my favorite role of his was the doomed Ray Fiske in 'Damages'. Also loved him as the doomed Magister in 'True Blood'. One way or the other he's usually doomed.
He was on Heroes and 24 for relatively long stints each as well. I always like seeing him pop up.

His IMDB notes that he has 2 Tony nominations as well.
post #1623 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:

As to Jason Neville, I'm not buying his latest reversal of loyalty (back to his father if we're keeping count). I think he was willing to sacrifice those two patriot snipers to ultimately bag his dad - he's still brainwashed.

Of course, I totally blew the call on Monroe's "revival" so what do I know? tongue.gif

The PQ on my system is particularly good this season for some reason .. the details that the wardrobe folks have come up with on Gestapo Guy are pretty good .. his clothing is somewhat frayed, the suit harkens back to WWII .. as well, I think Ivanek's performance delivery is just spot on chilling .. I expect him to say "Ve half vays of making you talk" any minute ..

On Jason, I just don't know .. him and Dad have been off and on since the inception of the show .. I lean slightly in favor of your assessment .. sacrifice the snipers in order to gain trust yet ultimately, bring in the big prize, Major Tom .. "Ground control to Major Tom, Your Son Cannot be Trusted .. "

Anyone notice the line Tom Neville had that inserted the word "meth" .. ?? Coincidence or a little reminder, Giancarlo .. ?? As well, Espositos acting in general this season has been excellent IMO .. and Monroe as the fallen KIng of The Monroe Republic is hitting all all cylinders as well ..

I think, all in all, "Revolution" is one of those shows that took a season to really gain it's footing .. I'm glad at this point that it was renewed by NBC and I think back to all the picking at it that was done here on Season One tongue.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1624 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 58
It's interesting that on another forum I read, everyone is completely disgusted with the changes in the show and they find it to be just another retread and totally boring now compared with last season. The complain that no one is talking about turning the power back on, and just WHO are the good guys, if there ARE any good guys.

It's just an interesting contrast between the two threads.

I really wish Aaron would quit complaining that he can't control it, and seriously get to practicing so he learns to control it. Right now, all he can do is make people he fears burst into flame. Imagine what he could do if he learned to control them. Is it such a stretch that he has a new ability and he needs to learn how to make it work properly.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1625 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

It's interesting that on another forum I read, everyone is completely disgusted with the changes in the show and they find it to be just another retread and totally boring now compared with last season. The complain that no one is talking about turning the power back on, and just WHO are the good guys, if there ARE any good guys.

It's just an interesting contrast between the two threads.

[/quote

Of course, it goes without saying, we here on the AVS thread are the correct group .. tongue.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1626 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It's interesting that on another forum I read, everyone is completely disgusted with the changes in the show and they find it to be just another retread and totally boring now compared with last season. They complain that no one is talking about turning the power back on, and just WHO are the good guys, if there ARE any good guys.

I agree that it seemed more science-fictiony last year, more action-oriented this year. That change in tone and direction was probably focus-group driven by the network. Sci-fi on the broadcast nets just does not seem to work, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy 

I really wish Aaron would quit complaining that he can't control it, and seriously get to practicing so he learns to control it. Right now, all he can do is make people he fears burst into flame. Imagine what he could do if he learned to control them. Is it such a stretch that he has a new ability and he needs to learn how to make it work properly.

I agree with that too. It's reasonable that he was frightened of it at first but now that the shock has worn off you'd think the natural curiosity of a scientist/entrepreneur like he's supposed to be would take over and he'd be experimenting with it to see what he could do with it, see what the limits are. Maybe that's coming.
ltownsend likes this.
post #1627 of 1982 Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I agree with that too. It's reasonable that he was frightened of it at first but now that the shock has worn off you'd think the natural curiosity of a scientist/entrepreneur like he's supposed to be would take over and he'd be experimenting with it to see what he could do with it, see what the limits are. Maybe that's coming.[/quote

Me Hulk, Me Smash or in his case, me torch you when I get pissed .. tongue.gif:p

Uncle Willie

post #1628 of 1982 Old 11-09-2013, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Me Hulk, Me Smash or in his case, me torch you when I get pissed...

Not angry, terrified and hysterical. I can see why the nanites would consider that a reason to burst into flame. Didn't the old lady last year have a nanite control device that did the same thing? Apparently, it's one of their abilities.

I *DO* wonder if the pendants still work. Aaron was shown with one in the first episode this season, but it wasn't activated. If they were dependent on The Tower to make them work, then I expect that they are now dead. Since Randall said that there was a reading every time one was activated, there had to be a real-time link, so maybe that's the case. Aaron is the new pendent. smile.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #1629 of 1982 Old 11-09-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

I really wish Aaron would quit complaining that he can't control it, and seriously get to practicing so he learns to control it.

"Flame on!" wink.gif (for FF fans)
ltownsend likes this.

Steve
post #1630 of 1982 Old 11-09-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I like the action orientation but it is sort of disappointing that all the lead up to the Tower - pendants, etc - has been abandoned as plot device. the characters don't even talk about it after the initial episode aftermath of the bombs. Like it didn't exist to begin with.

I guess no different than making Monroe a "good guy".
vilfrard likes this.

Steve
post #1631 of 1982 Old 11-09-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Aaron is the new pendent

I didn't think of it exactly that way, but I think you're right.
ltownsend likes this.

Steve
post #1632 of 1982 Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Now that the tower is gone, it's apparently impossible to turn the power back on, so it makes sense that they've abandoned that storyline. The pendants aren't useful for anything more than turning on a CD player for a while, but I still think they'll be back at some point. Maybe they're the key to letting Aaron control his new power. Considering how poorly they integrated the science fiction elements in the first season, I don't mind that they've changed directions in this one. I'd rather have a good action/adventure show than a poor science fiction one.
post #1633 of 1982 Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Now that the tower is gone, it's apparently impossible to turn the power back on, so it makes sense that they've abandoned that storyline.

But, what if Aaron learns to control the nanites. Maybe he can get the power back on.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #1634 of 1982 Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
It seems he can only control them under duress, so that's why he gave him a sedative to prevent him from getting "Hulky" then adrenaline to make him do it (of course leaving the room LOL)

The Neville stuff was weird he went to get the woman's husband only to have him kill her? oh BTW it was weird how she died, no scream or even the neck going sideways or something just a stare...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1635 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The Neville stuff was weird he went to get the woman's husband only to have him kill her? oh BTW it was weird how she died, no scream or even the neck going sideways or something just a stare...

I don't think he expected that to happen. He was trying to get some leverage, but that is gone now.

Luke

post #1636 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 AM
AVS Special Member

How did this happen? I went from, "I can't believe I'm still watching this," to "I might end up buying the Blu-ray eventually if this sticks around," in only 8 episodes. The improvement in this season is nothing short of incredible.

If it's any consolation, Charlie, I hate Rachel for killing Nora, too. smile.gif

I think the guy killed his wife after Neville convinced him to do it, because Neville said it himself earlier: he was looking to be a Patriot (so he could reach the top and destroy them), and she was a traitor and thus useless to him. The only reason he kept her alive initially was so he could find his son, but once he found out the location of her influential husband, he set to work to turn him against her so that he could use her husband to continue rising in the Patriot ranks.
WilliamR likes this.
post #1637 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:

How did this happen? I went from, "I can't believe I'm still watching this," to "I might end up buying the Blu-ray eventually if this sticks around," in only 8 episodes. The improvement in this season is nothing short of incredible.

If it's any consolation, Charlie, I hate Rachel for killing Nora, too. smile.gif

I think the guy killed his wife after Neville convinced him to do it, because Neville said it himself earlier: he was looking to be a Patriot (so he could reach the top and destroy them), and she was a traitor and thus useless to him. The only reason he kept her alive initially was so he could find his son, but once he found out the location of her influential husband, he set to work to turn him against her so that he could use her husband to continue rising in the Patriot ranks.

Couldn't agree more. It is now must watch TV for us.

post #1638 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
The writing on this show has improved significantly, but the fundamental problem remains - there's not a single interesting or likeable character. Would you really care if any of these characters died?
post #1639 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

The writing on this show has improved significantly, but the fundamental problem remains - there's not a single interesting or likeable character. Would you really care if any of these characters died?

Miles and, oddly enough, Bass. Plus, I'd miss Charlie's....um....figure.
post #1640 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

Miles and, oddly enough, Bass. Plus, I'd miss Charlie's....um....figure.

Monroe is the only character with any depth whatsoever. Miles is a pylon with a sword.
post #1641 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

Miles and Charlie and MOST definitely Aaron.

post #1642 of 1982 Old 11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Despite what I wrote earlier, this seems much more likely to be the case. I agree with you completely. He said he would destroy them all, and nothing will stand in his way. He uses people, and then discards them. He'll use the husband, then get rid of him too.

Luke

post #1643 of 1982 Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Of course, so far, there has not been a huge degree of consistency in Neville .. other than the quest for power ..

Uncle Willie

post #1644 of 1982 Old 11-16-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

He'll use the husband, then get rid of him too.

or go down in flames and have to drag himself up again .. Patriot Commander Roger may not be as stupid as he seems ..

Uncle Willie

post #1645 of 1982 Old 11-16-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I highly doubt that Neville's quest will end in flames. It would make his entire side story in this season pointless. I think the exact opposite will happen: Neville is going to claw his way to the top in the background of the entire season, while Miles et al. continue their insurgent strikes against the Patriots. By the time the season finale arrives, Miles et al. will finally be ready to strike a blow against Patriot command, only to find out that... it's run by Neville. biggrin.gif
post #1646 of 1982 Old 11-16-2013, 03:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ I thought his motivation was to "take them down, whatever it takes" .. ??

Patriot Commander Roger will blame Neville for essentially forcing him to kill his wife .. and Neville still has an unstable son to deal with ..

Uncle Willie

post #1647 of 1982 Old 11-16-2013, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

That's correct. I'm predicting that Miles et al. will finally figure out how to attack Patriot HQ at the same time Neville gets himself posted there (to destroy it from within), thus forcing the two groups to meet again. At that point, Neville will probably tell them that they can't carry out their attack plan, because he's working on exposing some even larger conspiracy, and they'll ruin his progress if they destroy the "local" HQ. This would set the stage for what I hope will become season 3. wink.gif
ltownsend likes this.
post #1648 of 1982 Old 11-17-2013, 01:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's correct. I'm predicting that Miles et al. will finally figure out how to attack Patriot HQ at the same time Neville gets himself posted there (to destroy it from within), thus forcing the two groups to meet again. At that point, Neville will probably tell them that they can't carry out their attack plan, because he's working on exposing some even larger conspiracy, and they'll ruin his progress if they destroy the "local" HQ. This would set the stage for what I hope will become season 3. wink.gif

I don't think the writers are as creative as you are.

Luke

post #1649 of 1982 Old 11-17-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe they read this topic. They fixed a lot of our complaints from last season, after all! tongue.gif
ltownsend likes this.
post #1650 of 1982 Old 11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

Maybe they read this topic. They fixed a lot of our complaints from last season, after all! tongue.gif

Including no more furrowed foreheads.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page