'Revolution' on NBC - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Giggled a bit when they "killed" Charlie... lots of references to movies, of course The Matrix, Terminator and even Inception

So I gather the nanos are evil now, being represented by the image of the evil guy..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Giggled a bit when they "killed" Charlie

eek.gif with a wink.gif

I'll probably watch it off DVR tonight or Fri night. this is the alt reality episode, right? wink.gif

Steve
post #1803 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Well, at least we saw Charlie in something other than jeans and a cutoff top, if only for a little while.

And since Monroe & Son escaped in this episode, next episode will likely have the balancing "catch" component in the endless "catch and release" plot-lines this show uses to the point that they don't even hold any drama or suspense anymore.

The PC idea of the 85lb female kicking the 275lb male has become so common, nobody even seems to notice it anymore. But it still bothers the crap out of me. Everytime I see a big guy start to threaten some super model looking babe on TV or in a movie, I automatically think, "What are you doing? Can't you see she weighs three times less than you?" "RUN!"

I thought they missed an opportunity by not killing off the nanites. They are a dead end (a macguffin), and killing them off would not bring back the electricity overnight.

Instead, they resorted to yet another instance of making Aaron a boob. At first, his subconscious is able to recognize what the nanites are doing and he s able to fight them, then come a commercial and he resorts to his usual boob ways.

Sent from my generic not my computer device.
post #1804 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Giggled a bit when they "killed" Charlie... lots of references to movies, of course The Matrix, Terminator and even Inception

So I gather the nanos are evil now, being represented by the image of the evil guy..
How many of us here have prayed at one time or the other to see this scene? tongue.gif

post #1805 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

The PC idea of the 85lb female kicking the 275lb male has become so common, nobody even seems to notice it anymore. But it still bothers the crap out of me. Everytime I see a big guy start to threaten some super model looking babe on TV or in a movie, I automatically think, "What are you doing? Can't you see she weighs three times less than you?" "RUN!"

I thought they missed an opportunity by not killing off the nanites. They are a dead end (a macguffin), and killing them off would not bring back the electricity overnight.

Instead, they resorted to yet another instance of making Aaron a boob. At first, his subconscious is able to recognize what the nanites are doing and he s able to fight them, then come a commercial and he resorts to his usual boob ways.

So do I, I was very disappointed they did the old double trick on Aaron, I was expecting it a few times while hoping they wouldn't and the writers went ahead and did it anyway. Now this storyline has become very boring along with the other crew and their idiot behavior.
post #1806 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:

The PC idea of the 85lb female kicking the 275lb male has become so common, nobody even seems to notice it anymore. But it still bothers the crap out of me.
Not so unbelievable with Tracy Spiridakos because she's certainly not 85lbs, but with Maggie Q (Nikita) and Kristin Kreuk (Beauty and the Beast) it is kind of ridiculous because the two of them together couldn't weigh much more than a sack of potatoes..

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #1807 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

[
Not so unbelievable with Tracy Spiridakos because she's certainly not 85lbs, but with Maggie Q (Nikita) and Kristin Kreuk (Beauty and the Beast) it is kind of ridiculous because the two of them together couldn't weigh much more than a sack of potatoes..

Really? I may have exagerated a bit, but she's listed as being 116lbs on at least one celebrity site. I still maintain she would not stand a chance against that Harley type guy. And she does it every week. TV and movie directors have collectively decided that giving a petite supermodel superior fighting skills, seemingly based on nothing more than having an attitude, makes up for the other 100lbs. And everyone seems to be eating it up.

It worked the first two or three times I saw it, but it's become the norm and I'm seemingly the only one who notices. To me it's equivalent to someone hiding behind a car door during a gun fight.

I don't understand why they can't sometimes make the babe use her brains to gain the advantage. That mentality explains why professional "Wrestling" has been so successful.

post #1808 of 1984 Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

How many of us here have prayed at one time or the other to see this scene? tongue.gif

Best acting bit she has done all series... now a real use for her emotionless face

post #1809 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Not sure I like the turn to evil nanites now. Curious to what their next steps are though and what they have turned their attention to. Not really sure what story lines they have left other then Monroe.

post #1810 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I find that the turn to the Ezekiel "Skeletor" Emanuel lookalike is chillingly apropos and scary for the visualization of the evil nanites.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #1811 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 102
I actually thought the Matrix Revolution episode was one of the best in the series so far.
I actually didn't want to choke the life out of Aaron every time he spoke, and he finally seemed to grow a pair and fought back for a change.
I also liked the self deprecating description of himself... "I get the crap beat out of me constantly" and Charlie: "some chick in a belly shirt".
And who knew his ex cleaned up so nice?

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #1812 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I lke Aaron's response when he woke up: "Yay."

How does fixing the code in his mind affect the real world?

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #1813 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

No, the nanos read the code fixing in his mind, they they applied it to the real running program..

post #1814 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Why couldn't they undo the changes he made originally?

post #1815 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 98
They aren't going to kill off the nanites until the end of the show. The show has been "rEVOLUTION" with emphasis on the lack of "r" from the beginning. Yes, season one didn't seem that way... but it really was intended to be about the evolution of the nanites... so like it or not, this is where we are headed.

I actually thought this episode was funny. LOTS of poking fun at the show... Aaron took pot-shots at pretty much everything that anyone has ever nit-picked about the show... his "wife" also got in a shot or two herself... like "what about physics does that make any sense" or something to that effect commenting on lack-of-electricity-world...

I thought it was a good bit of the people on the show (writers and all) working through all that stuff on screen. smile.gif

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #1816 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Maybe it's from watching TV for decades, but these plotlines are just a bit too derivative ...
The whole dream within a dream thing has been done in very similar ways & was very predictable ....
Here's a possible plotline that may pop up in this show ...
The nanites, either thru something Aaron eventually does, or on their own, "split" or evolve into 2 or more "personalities" ( evil & friendly), most likley represented by a male & a female " apparition".. that may or may not eventually become "real" enough to walk among humans ...
The less dominant "friendy" side of the nanites starts to sometimes work with & help "our heroes" ( Aaron, Miles ect), when it can, perhaps breifly turning on the power in a localized area for a small time or otherwise getting them out of a bad spot... We may find that the evil "collective" is controlling and/or evolving into 1 or more of the Patriots, such as the president ...
post #1817 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

There aren't that many new ideas really... most things are derivative of something else.

I know some are freaking out about the possibility of a remake of West Side Story... completely ignoring that West Side Story is itself essentially Romeo & Juliet....

post #1818 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Why couldn't they undo the changes he made originally?

They did change the code but they couldn't figure out what the code was suppose to be. They can control things, catch people on fire, cause lightning, suppress electricity but they aren't all knowing. They don't know coding so needed his help, they really just wanted him to write it down, then they could change it themselves.

post #1819 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We loved the lines he had in this episode, we were laughing constantly. One of his best was his comment to Charlie, You're the girl with the belly half shirts.

Fixing the code in his mind was just the nanites understanding how to change it. They needed his help on figuring out what the code was suppose to be (the actual syntax, etc.) which he came up with in his mind, they then took that code and implemented it in the real world.

post #1820 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

They are well aware how campy their show is. (Maybe that explains all the "camps" on the show). Last week when they all had guns pointed at each other Monroe said "This is just getting silly." At some point I expect one of them to comment on how they are always getting captured and escaping.

Maybe the writers are Journey fans. Evolution, Captured, Escape, Trial by Fire...

post #1821 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Quote:

We loved the lines he had in this episode, we were laughing constantly. One of his best was his comment to Charlie, You're the girl with the belly half shirts.

Fixing the code in his mind was just the nanites understanding how to change it. They needed his help on figuring out what the code was suppose to be (the actual syntax, etc.) which he came up with in his mind, they then took that code and implemented it in the real world.

Apparently the nanites can read Aaron's dreams, but not his mind. I wish the writers could read our minds.

post #1822 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

They are well aware how campy their show is. (Maybe that explains all the "camps" on the show). Last week when they all had guns pointed at each other Monroe said "This is just getting silly." At some point I expect one of them to comment on how they are always getting captured and escaping.

Maybe the writers are Journey fans. Evolution, Captured, Escape, Trial by Fire...

Well, Kripke is involved. His fondness for 70s music is evident in Supernatural.
post #1823 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I think this last episode was a mess and I'm real tolerant of stuff like this, but damn,.
post #1824 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 184
I enjoyed the episode so much in the watching of it that I am unwilling to ruin that experience by trying to analyze it.

The show has found its narrative voice. It may be silly in a lot of ways, but it's confident and self-assured in its own brand of sciency fantasy. It really, really needed a Big Bad, and now it really, really has one. i hope they don't just throw it away.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1825 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Enjoyed this episode much more than last weeks. For some reason I was craving a Bud Light after watching it.

Agree with the poster who said this was Charlie's best acting job so far.biggrin.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1826 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Apparently the nanites can read Aaron's dreams, but not his mind. I wish the writers could read our minds.

They can read his mind but he has to work out the problem, beginning to end, and how to write the code, what commands to use. That is not sitting in his mind laid out, he has to figure it all out. The dream they made was so he would work out the problem and write the actual code down with the commands etc. as he figured it out.

post #1827 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

The problem (and I enjoyed the episode for its humor) is that the nanites should be able to understand their own code.

We humans don't understand our own brains... but the nanites were created and documented by humans... they clearly have access to their own code, and they have shown the ability to hack foreign code (the dreams and hallucinations)... and with everything else we have been told the nanites can do... there's no realistic reason to believe they couldn't modify their own code now that they are sentient. Prior to sentience, sure... but once they became sentient, they have already been growing/evolving and adding to their own code.

I'm not nitpicking the show here... but it just isn't consistent with all that the nanites have been shown to do, to have them be that inept. It should be much harder for them to do everything else they did in that episode than to rewrite the flaw in their own code... heck, they already had it diagnosed to the specific area where the problem was.

post #1828 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Maybe it's just that spark of creativity -- the ability to think of something new, to make an intuitive leap -- that the nanites lack.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1829 of 1984 Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I loved the episode, and now I'm wondering if the upcoming ones will be better. This show really shines when it isn't taking itself so seriously, and I'd be happy if it made a habit of lampooning its own ridiculousness on a regular basis.

We even got a Nora cameo!
post #1830 of 1984 Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Maybe it's just that spark of creativity -- the ability to think of something new, to make an intuitive leap -- that the nanites lack.

Nanites? Or writers?

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page