'Revolution' on NBC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1982 Old 05-13-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
 
lwright84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/

A group of people struggle to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where the all forms of energy have mysteriously disappeared.

lwright84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 1982 Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Weii, I'm there.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #3 of 1982 Old 05-13-2012, 11:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
I'm all for starting a thread early but if you are going to start one four months early at least include some basic info like the fact it's from Eric Kripke too (Favreau won't be there directing after episode one) and that it will air on Mondays at 10pm after The Voice.

Based on that pairing and that time slot I'm expecting it to be dead in ten episodes.


VisionOn is online now  
post #4 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Aleron Ives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Oh, look! It's Falling Skies, without the aliens!

I'll try it, but I expect the TNT series will last longer.
Aleron Ives is offline  
post #5 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 7,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'll catch the pilot at least, but not hopeful at all this will be a wild success. We are talking about NBC, here..

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
rezzy is offline  
post #6 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I'll catch the pilot at least, but not hopeful at all this will be a wild success. We are talking about NBC, here..

LOL...that was my first thought too...Still, despite the debacle that was Alcatraz, Abrams gives me hope. At the very least, the pilot should be interesting.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #7 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
 
lwright84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I'm all for starting a thread early but if you are going to start one four months early at least include some basic info like the fact it's from Eric Kripke too (Favreau won't be there directing after episode one) and that it will air on Mondays at 10pm after The Voice.

That's what I rely on you for.
lwright84 is offline  
post #8 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I'm all for starting a thread early but if you are going to start one four months early at least include some basic info like the fact it's from Eric Kripke too (Favreau won't be there directing after episode one) and that it will air on Mondays at 10pm after The Voice.

Based on that pairing and that time slot I'm expecting it to be dead in ten episodes.

It's Kripke's involvement that caught my eye, I'll certainly be watching simply on that fact alone.
Keenan is offline  
post #9 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I'm just waiting until the bad press they get for stealing the entire premise of S.M. Stirling's "Dies the Fire" and its many sequels sinks this series before it starts.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

 

rdclark is offline  
post #10 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RockyF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 1,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

It's Kripke's involvement that caught my eye, I'll certainly be watching simply on that fact alone.

I agree. JJ Abrams and Jon Favreau get all the attention, but the fact is this is Eric Kripke's show. As VisionOn mentioned, Favreau simply directed the pilot, but will probably not be involved in the day-to-day operations of the show (although he will probably have an executive-producer credit, like Bryan Singer on House, and so many other feature directors who do pilots) and JJ won't really be any more involved than most other Bad Robot productions.

Rocky
RockyF is online now  
post #11 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 253
NBC and alternate reality/future shows? Can you say The Event? Or Journeyman?

Good ideas, wrong channel. Maybe if they throw enough darts and have a clue on how to create a plot that's not full of holes and makes you want to watch, it could stick.

Oh wait, this is NBC. (I thought Journeyman was pretty darn good, btw).
slowbiscuit is offline  
post #12 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
OK, so an old 50's or early 60's car should run as it doesn't have anything electronic except a Battery, see Jericho after an EMP Lots of old VW Beetles running around??? A little Falling Skies, a little Jericho, and Giancarlo Esposito fresh off his splendid turn on Breaking Bad..Why not, gonna ck. it out. At least the Pilot should be good with Jon Favreau as Director....
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #13 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Another big swing, another new hope for serialized sci-fi on broadcast TV. I don't know why they keep trying, but I'm glad they do. And Gus freakin' Fring! (Giancarlo Espositio - the greatest TV villain of all time)

I'm in. But I'm always in.
archiguy is online now  
post #14 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
moob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Oh wait, this is NBC. (I thought Journeyman was pretty darn good, btw).

I loved Journeyman as well.

Revolution looks terrible based on that trailer. I'll still give it a go, but my expectations are pretty low.
moob is offline  
post #15 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

It's Kripke's involvement that caught my eye, I'll certainly be watching simply on that fact alone.

If it flops at least there's a chance Kripke will have more time to stop Supernatural from slowly crawling to a tired and forgettable end.


VisionOn is online now  
post #16 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

If it flops at least there's a chance Kripke will have more time to stop Supernatural from slowly crawling to a tired and forgettable end.

Haha! Very true, you're right, they should have pulled the plug with "Swan Song", it was the perfect ending anyway.
Keenan is offline  
post #17 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

OK, so an old 50's or early 60's car should run as it doesn't have anything electronic except a Battery, see Jericho after an EMP Lots of old VW Beetles running around??? A little Falling Skies, a little Jericho, and Giancarlo Esposito fresh off his splendid turn on Breaking Bad..Why not, gonna ck. it out. At least the Pilot should be good with Jon Favreau as Director....

You still need the spark to ignite the gasoline. Thats electric.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #18 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zaphod7501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peoria Illinois
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

You still need the spark to ignite the gasoline. Thats electric.

So, no more lightning during storms?
If fire still works then so do batteries. Both are chemical reactions.
Electric is not the same as electronic.
Electrons don't flow - then your brain stops too.
Inhibit semiconductor operation ? OK, but the old VW will still run.

I find the premise rather preposterous.
Sorry, I'll pass on this one.
I dislike low budget post-apocalyptic shows in general anyway.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
zaphod7501 is online now  
post #19 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ungermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 3,868
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post

I dislike low budget post-apocalyptic shows in general anyway.

Even Mad Max?
Ungermann is offline  
post #20 of 1982 Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Matt L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 4,923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I'm so out there is no looking back. I don't care who is involved creatively I'm totally sick and tired of post apocalyptic shows and movies. They have been done to death and all have pretty much failed. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different outcome? This certainty qualifies.

It's time for some optimism toward the future, not doom and gloom.
Matt L is offline  
post #21 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
JediMastr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, TX USA
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 62
it looks like some sort of anti-technology technology (maybe from orbit) is being used and only those with those portable devices can counter the effect--I feel like I saw the whole series from just that one trailer lol

thread closed
JediMastr is offline  
post #22 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 01:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
VisionOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Carrboro, NC
Posts: 11,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

it looks like some sort of anti-technology technology (maybe from orbit) is being used and only those with those portable devices can counter the effect--I feel like I saw the whole series from just that one trailer lol

And in four episodes they find out that it was all the fault of Snake Plissken.


VisionOn is online now  
post #23 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Argee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Ravenna, ohio, USA
Posts: 1,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It looks like the same ole negative posters are here again dising a show based on a two minute trailer. Same old names, same old song.

Argee
Argee is online now  
post #24 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod7501 View Post

I find the premise rather preposterous.

I don't.

All it takes is another one of those, and we could be without power for months if not years because the big transformers that handle the grid cannot easily be replaced.
slowbiscuit is offline  
post #25 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 89
JJ Abrams has lost his mojo...he's watered down his projects by releasing 3-4 new TV shows every year now along with feature films...it was better when he limited himself to 1 or 2 projects and strived to make them the best
TitusTroy is online now  
post #26 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 4,371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

It looks like the same ole negative posters are here again dising a show based on a two minute trailer. Same old names, same old song.

No, we're dissing the idea that a show like this could make it on a mainstream channel (especially NBC!), given the massive history of failures for this genre. Lost was the exception, not the rule.

They're always watered down and unrealistic in an attempt to appeal to the broadest audience, which is understandable but sad.
slowbiscuit is offline  
post #27 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Member
 
mphtrilogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
home of the 2012 world series champion cubs...

lol

looks good.. I am in..
mphtrilogy is offline  
post #28 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Senior Member
 
jakestir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Watauga, Tx
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's looks kind of cheesy, but I'm totally in. Love seeing Gus in that trailer.
I'm a fan of post-apocalyptic stuff even when I know it will fail.
jakestir is offline  
post #29 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zaphod7501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peoria Illinois
Posts: 1,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Even Mad Max?

Any more I need some humor in my dark shows. Give me Bruce Campbell any day.

They will need a premise and then be consistent in its application. Electronic device failure - I can buy that: Electric devices - that's going to take some doing to convince me that fire and guns work but batteries don't.

As to the genre, I'm tired of it as well as "aliens who look just like us" shows. My current viewing method is to record the season, then decide whether to watch. Some shows that are good watches progress so slowly that I would go nuts watching weekly but are great with a fast view.

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
zaphod7501 is online now  
post #30 of 1982 Old 05-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bluto17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The premise intrigues me. I will watch the first couple of episodes. Then I will decide if it sucks or not.
Bluto17 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Revolution The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off