Continuum on SHOWCASE (Canada) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
It was shown earlier how "He" reflected on the mirror, it's on Kira's mind, he even could be seen by Alec

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Way I figure it. the Hologram put itself there for Kira to make it seem more real. Only for Kira and her senses but it make the therapist seem real to her.

Betty as the mole makes real sense. She is in love with Kira's partner. And wants Kira gone.
post #543 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

It was shown earlier how "He" reflected on the mirror, it's on Kira's mind, he even could be seen by Alec
Well, Alec sees everything through Kira's CMR- so it makes sense that he sees everything she sees- even the Heads Up Display stuff she sees.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #544 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Way I figure it. the Hologram put itself there for Kira to make it seem more real. Only for Kira and her senses but it make the therapist seem real to her.
So you're suggesting that in addition to the primary image- the CMR also super-imposed a second image (in Kira's mind) in front the mirror where there would naturally be one if a real therapist was standing there? Interesting concept...

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #545 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

So you're suggesting that in addition to the primary image- the CMR also super-imposed a second image (in Kira's mind) in front the mirror where there would naturally be one if a real therapist was standing there? Interesting concept...

Yes easier to talk to vs just a image in my head. I hope we see more of the therapist.
post #546 of 738 Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 304
I've thought the last two episodes were a step in the right direction for this show. They've spent more time on the characters and less on the Liber8 plot of the week, which has broken the monotony. I wonder if we'll be seeing more of Dillon, or if he's out for the rest of the season. During the therapy session, I was half expecting Kiera's moment of "acceptance" to be that she would have to level with at least one other person (besides Alec) regarding her estrangement from her family, but it seems that she's going to keep hiding it for now.
post #547 of 738 Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So what is the relationship between Jason and Alec and Alec's mother?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
In Sea 2 Ep 3 "Second Thoughts", We see Jason and Alec's mother together seeming to have an argument, when Alec tries using "Flash" (retrevenol), Alec appears to be reliving an event from his past that has to do with the watch his father (Mark Sadler) left or gave him.

Is Jason possibly Alec's father?

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #548 of 738 Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 122
Ok Uhmercins:

Heads up! Continuum resumes this Friday evening (6/7/13) on the SyFy ... Your Series and Season Passes will no doubt FAIL to pick the new episodes without your intervention. Check them now.

That is all ...
post #549 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Ok Uhmercins:

Heads up! Continuum resumes this Friday evening (6/7/13) on the SyFy ... Your Series and Season Passes will no doubt FAIL to pick the new episodes without your intervention. Check them now.

That is all ...
Thank you, kind Sir.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #550 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Yea! Can come back to the thread now. What a hiatus. It's been a long two months. wink.gif

Just re-watched the first of the new Star Trek movies in preparation for "ST:ID". Rachel was painted green and wearing a bar/panties combo after some sack time with Kirk. My gracious. My goodness gracious. As an architect, I feel I am qualified to say that is one well constructed woman. I like her magic cop-suit 'n all, but they have to figure out some way to get her into some more revealing outfits this season.
post #551 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 286
^
biggrin.gif

set to record.

Steve
post #552 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Tiny quirk.. Rachel Nichols stares at another scalpel near her eye... yes this time is fiction.. LOL

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #553 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
They play it on Sci-Fi, although I think it is currently on a break. It should be coming back within a few weeks though. I'm not sure if its on a break which seems to be a trend with television shows lately, or if the season was actually over. You might try Sci-Fi's website for a little catch up though..or Hulu might have it.
post #554 of 738 Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalovaku View Post

They play it on Sci-Fi, although I think it is currently on a break. It should be coming back within a few weeks though. I'm not sure if its on a break which seems to be a trend with television shows lately, or if the season was actually over. You might try Sci-Fi's website for a little catch up though..or Hulu might have it.

Syfy starts season 2 on Friday, after Smack down.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #555 of 738 Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, lots happened in the last episode.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks like Carlos finally finds out who Kira really is...
and.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Alex's new girl is up to something- but I guess we all saw that coming...

... Some gratuitous suit photos... smile.gif

CS=ITU601

CS=ITU601

post #556 of 738 Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

It's sad that Emily is a spy. She was too good to be true, but it's still depressing to get your suspicions confirmed. Maybe she'll get converted? rolleyes.gif

It's odd that such a huge reveal of finally giving Carlos the truth happened in such an otherwise generic episode. I guess Continuum is never really going to grow beyond its crime drama roots. Oh well.
post #557 of 738 Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Continuum gets a third season already

The second season of time-traveling cop show Continuum hasn't started airing in the U.S. yet, and it's not over in Canada. But already, the Canadian network Showcase has ordered a third year of the adventures of Kiera Cameron, the cop from 2077.

http://io9.com/continuum-gets-a-third-season-already-511489675

Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #558 of 738 Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

It's sad that Emily is a spy. She was too good to be true, but it's still depressing to get your suspicions confirmed. Maybe she'll get converted? rolleyes.gif

It's odd that such a huge reveal of finally giving Carlos the truth happened in such an otherwise generic episode. I guess Continuum is never really going to grow beyond its crime drama roots. Oh well.
That's about how I saw it as well, very half-hearted and anti-climatic, just a box checked off - next problem now please!
post #559 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Continuum gets a third season already

The second season of time-traveling cop show Continuum hasn't started airing in the U.S. yet, and it's not over in Canada. But already, the Canadian network Showcase has ordered a third year of the adventures of Kiera Cameron, the cop from 2077.

http://io9.com/continuum-gets-a-third-season-already-511489675
That's great news!
I'm sure the showrunners were happy to hear that.
Orphan Black got renewed very early in it's first season- glad both shows will be around a bit longer.

I'm used to the typical Hollywood drama where we don't find out till after the season's over (ie.Vegas) if the show's coming back.

post #560 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Was checking my DVR making sure this was going to record, when I found two other Syfy shows I set to record weren't set. I have some funky gremlins in my DVR. Looking forward to season 2.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #561 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Was checking my DVR making sure this was going to record, when I found two other Syfy shows I set to record weren't set. I have some funky gremlins in my DVR. Looking forward to season 2.

I think everytime I run into this, it's because the show isn't listed in the guide as being in HD. That is why Continuum wasn't scheduled on my DVR(Directv). It may just be because I record several Syfy shows, but it happens almost exclusively on Syfy, things not being listed as HD in the guide.
post #562 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Sci-Fi on SyFy? Something must be wrong with the Universe...

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #563 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

Syfy starts season 2 on Friday, after Smack down.
YAY!!!smile.gif

post #564 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Liked: 11
Even though I have this set to record the series on my DirecTv DVR, I just checked and saw it wasn't going to record. I can now see why. I have it set to record only new shows and the episode info shows this was first aired in April so dvr thought it was a rerun. Checked both new and repeat to record. Alls good now...
post #565 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuiekathome View Post

Even though I have this set to record the series on my DirecTv DVR, I just checked and saw it wasn't going to record. I can now see why. I have it set to record only new shows and the episode info shows this was first aired in April so dvr thought it was a rerun. Checked both new and repeat to record. Alls good now...
That's weird.....

post #566 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

That's weird.....

It's a common problem for name-based DVRs with both Canadian and UK shows. If they were run previously in their country of origin, guides usually don't list them as new for their premieres in the US.
post #567 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I think everytime I run into this, it's because the show isn't listed in the guide as being in HD. That is why Continuum wasn't scheduled on my DVR(Directv). It may just be because I record several Syfy shows, but it happens almost exclusively on Syfy, things not being listed as HD in the guide.

Yeah, that happened to me and the final season of Merlin. Missed half of it. And it does seem to happen almost exclusively on Syfy.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #568 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Some Guides use data provided by Rovi Corp, and others use data provided by Tribune Media.

I don't think the HD has anything to do with it, It is the First Aired Date that is used by the Guide data. If that Guide data comes from Tribune Media, (zap2it.com) they almost always use the First Aired Date. Some IPGs may also take into account whether the data has an (R) for Repeat or a New tag in the data.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/continuum/episode-guide/EP01554798

For instance, TiVo only uses the First Aired Date provided by Tribune and if that date is within the last 28days, TiVo will record it as New, otherwise the Season Pass must be set to New and Repeats to catch US First run of programs that First Aired in the UK or Canada.

Many TiVo's did not record Warehouse 13 S04, E15 "Instinct" on Monday, because Tribune did not have any First Aired Date listed in the data:
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/warehouse-13/episode-guide/EP01159848

post #569 of 738 Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Looking forward to this returning to us US viewers tonight (it is Friday now on the east coast)!

This is not a perfect show, but so far it seems to have embraced what it is... and there has been enough intrigue to keep me interested so far.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #570 of 738 Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

Some Guides use data provided by Rovi Corp, and others use data provided by Tribune Media.

I don't think the HD has anything to do with it, It is the First Aired Date that is used by the Guide data. If that Guide data comes from Tribune Media, (zap2it.com) they almost always use the First Aired Date. Some IPGs may also take into account whether the data has an (R) for Repeat or a New tag in the data.

tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/warehouse-13/episode-guide/EP01159848

I disagree, because Defiance did the same thing, and it was because it wasn't listed as HD on it's initial airing, but one of the reruns later in the week was listed as HD and the DVR had it scheduled to record. I've had Eureka, Warehouse 13 and a few others do the same thing and they had the correct first aired date listed.

Edit: I think you are partially right, the old dates will screw things up, but the HD will also mess up the DVR, at least it will on Directv. But, one thing for certain, it happens a lot on Syfy, and can't remember it happening on any of the other stations that I have series recordings set for.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page