AVS Forum banner

Continuum on SHOWCASE (Canada)

40K views 765 replies 76 participants last post by  mrvideo 
#1 ·

New SciFi tv series. Does anyone here in the states know how to get this tv show? I took a preview on YouTube and it really looks good, starts tonight with a 2hr movie. DN does not carry the network - "Showcase".

http://geeksoulbrother.com/continuum-tv-series/

#28 ·
Reminds me of DS9 as the Jem'hadar, super soldiers that depended on a drug to keep going strong and controlled by their "masters", but now they have produced their own.

What about the suit, is it autocleaning? it must stink by now...

and nobody in the office has asked why she always wears it (specially the ladies).

#29 ·
You're right! I forgot about Jem'hadar. So bio vs tech on the enchancements. While "normal" the officer uses a tech suit that pretty much does what ever she wants.

Hope they go into the design & power source in next episode since it was damaged. They made a huge push to be the best, trust the tech, not your gut.

#30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22125781

You're right! I forgot about Jem'hadar. So bio vs tech on the enchancements. While "normal" the officer uses a tech suit that pretty much does what ever she wants.

Hope they go into the design & power source in next episode since it was damaged. They made a huge push to be the best, trust the tech, not your gut.

For the protector they showed that the Tech was embedded into her cortex and syncs with the systems integrated into the suit. They work seamlessly together.

#31 ·
Watched episode 03 last night- overall very good again.

Awesome fight scene near the end- our girl can take a punch! That Asian dude could fight- almost sorry to see him go

At least Kiera has a bargaining chip now- the final component part of the Time travel device.

I'm ready for episode 04.....

For ppl who can't watch it on TV- Continuum is available on iTunes video and Youtube.

#32 ·
Can't wait to see Ep03. itunes and youtube are a week behind, but better than nothing! Love this show!

#34 ·
#35 ·
#36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22134396

Interesting that showcase hasn't asked that it be pulled down.

They could be the ones posting it up, maybe to generate interest for a US network pickup, it is a very low bitrate version and there's HD quality rips at the usual sources.

Or, they may think it's the web series of the same name, Continuum.

#37 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22134461

They could be the ones posting it up, maybe to generate interest for a US network pickup, it is a very low bitrate version and there's HD quality rips at the usual sources.

You'd have to look at the name of the "user" that did the posting. I don't know of any real company that posts under a alias, so if it wasn't done by Showcase, then it was done by someone who probably used a Showcase program capture (if it contained the Shocase bug and snipes), or if it was clean, a posting of the WebDL version. Can't be the WebDL version if it showed up shortly after airing.

I've not looked at the YouTube version and don't plan too.

#38 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22134461

Or, they may think it's the web series of the same name, Continuum.

I wonder if Showcase is behind it also. There a few shows that had they been in the US market it may still be going. Charlie Jade comes to mind and maybe The Seeker if it has not been Syndicated and all SyFy.

#39 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22134928

I wonder if Showcase is behind it also. There a few shows that had they been in the US market it may still be going. Charlie Jade comes to mind and maybe The Seeker if it has not been Syndicated and all SyFy.

Well in my case, whomever it is THANK YOU - it's the only way I can see this great show!

#41 ·
Letting youtube episodes in there is a nice strat, getting out there to U.S. viewers and other parts in the world interested, and people demanding cable companies for either get Showcase or the series be migrated to a more common channel like SyFY, just like Lost Girl..

#43 ·
I wish Continuum had some kinky semi-nudes like Lost Girl... oh well one can dream

#44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22136273

You would think that since US networks are often hard up for content over the summer they might have picked this one up even if they started running episodes a month later. But BIG US networks move like dinosaurs stuck in a tar pit.

But SyFy a big network? Maybe they did not have the budget. Hell I wish Netlfix had picked this up. Oh well can't wait to get home and see the latest episode.

#45 ·
Episode 4 up on YouTube.

I would not expect this one to pop up of Syfy (if it ever does) until late winter. With Warehouse 13 getting a 20 episode season, probaly broken in to two 10 ep mini seasons, Alphas returning and Haven slotted to replace Lost Girl when its second season run is done In September, I do not see an opening until winter unless they decide to go to 3 nights of dramas which I doubt unless the Ghost shows start to tank in the ratings. Fifth season of Merlin will slot in sometime in the winter as well and lest we forget that MMO tie in series coming soon too.

#47 ·
As I said. Im really having trouble on who to pull for. Neither side is really the one to get 100% behind.

Corporations vs Freedom(and thus in this case terrorism).

I love how they do their best not show they know each other or what they talk about when they meet. You have to wonder how her partner and the rest of the force would feel if they found out.

#49 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22146518

As I said. Im really having trouble on who to pull for. Neither side is really the one to get 100% behind.

Corporations vs Freedom(and thus in this case terrorism).

I love how they do their best not show they know each other or what they talk about when they meet. You have to wonder how her partner and the rest of the force would feel if they found out.

With episode 4 we see Kiera beginning to see that not everything is as she was told. It is possible that the "terrorists" have either been set up or an "inside job." And it is verging into areas that NBC (who owns Syfy) may not want to venture.

#51 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv/30#post_22148725

The Youtube full episodes are now gone! I have watched the first three.

I wonder what took so long

Quote:
Are they anywhere else?

Yes!

Oh, you want to know where. AVS rules prevent that kind of info from being posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.