post #601 of 738 Old 06-14-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Lots of semi-nudity last episode (not really a spoiler), when the girl runs down to check the noise you can see thru the blouse.. ehem...

I noticed that too and found it rather amusing, considering how much trouble they went to to showcase her using a modesty blanket just one scene earlier. rolleyes.gif

Regarding the spoiler,
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They do seem to be ignoring that storyline for the moment. Maybe they're saving the reveal (to Kiera/Carlos) for the end of the season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 738 Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Moderators: Thanks for the Canadian/US thread clarification. smile.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #603 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 106
More nudity, I wonder if the SYFY version will show last weeks nudity and this week's also (Garza = Wow)

I guess Gardener won't bother Kira anymore, but his own fault for going off alone

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #604 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:

I guess Gardener won't bother Kira anymore, but his own fault for going off alone
Can't say I'll miss the PITA...

So let me (try to) get this straight....
Old Alec sent Garza back to kill him when he was still young because of the monster he becomes in the future- but he also sends Kira back to protect his young self from Liber8, etc?

Also seems Alec can't live out in the public domain any longer- is he going to live in the lab now?

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #605 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder who Alec's Girlfriend works for? the body snatchers? the other future guy? Liber8?

It doesn't seem Kira detected any lies on here so far, maybe she's good at lying

post #606 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wonder who Alec's Girlfriend works for? the body snatchers? the other future guy? Liber8?

It doesn't seem Kira detected any lies on here so far, maybe she's good at lying
I'm guessing she's working for/with the Freelancers...

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #607 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:

I'm pretty sure she works for/with Escher/freelancers.

Some nice CGI scenes at the start of the episode this week.

And of course the NSFW image, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #608 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

The CGI on the opening scene of the aircraft darting in and around structures was extremely well done.
I watched the 1080p web (iTunes) download and it was as close to 3D without glasses as you can get. I replayed it several times- It was incredible, especially where the craft dives down and turns onto it's final approach and you see the bay and surrounds in the foreground- would be a good candidate for one of those immersion rides at a theme park.

post #609 of 738 Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The CGI on the opening scene of the aircraft darting in and around structures was extremely well done.
I watched the 1080p web (iTunes) download and it was as close to 3D without glasses as you can get. I replayed it several times- It was incredible, especially where the craft dives down and turns onto it's final approach and you see the bay and surrounds in the foreground- would be a good candidate for one of those immersion rides at a theme park.

It really was, I was very impressed with it, far better than we usually see with TV shows. I watched it a few times as well just to take it all in. The outdoors locale and scene undoubtedly made it look better, it added a certain "cleaner" or sharper/clearer look to it. Very nicely done.
post #610 of 738 Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So let me (try to) get this straight....
Old Alec sent Garza back to kill him when he was still young because of the monster he becomes in the future- but he also sends Kira back to protect his young self from Liber8, etc?

Judging by the way they intercut the scenes in the present with the scenes from the future, it looked to me like he sent Garza to test him and kill him if he seemed too arrogant or intent on world domination, i.e. she was evaluating how much of a normal guy he was during their conversation, and she decided that he sounded sane enough to keep living (for now). The old Alec sent her back as a failsafe to take him out if necessary, so that he could prevent the rise of the police state that he helped create; however, he also sent Kiera back in the hope that she and the whole Liber8 debacle would prevent him from taking the same path he took the first time, thus sparing his life without also ruining the future again.
Quote:

I thought it was revealed in the last episode that she works for Escher? Kiera also seemed to detect that she was lying about something (due to her elevated vitals), but she couldn't figure out what it was.
post #611 of 738 Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

So what is the relationship between Jason and Alec and Alec's mother?
In Sea 2 Ep 3 "Second Thoughts", We see Jason and Alec's mother together seeming to have an argument, when Alec tries using "Flash" (retrevenol), Alec appears to be reliving an event from his past that has to do with the watch his father (Mark Sadler) left or gave him.

Is Jason possibly Alec's father?

Now Alec has questions about his relationship with Jason, possibly father?

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #612 of 738 Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone predicted that Jason would be his father earlier in the thread, so kudos will probably be due shortly. tongue.gif It's kind of sad that they seem to be going the John Connor time-travel parent route, though. Then again, this show isn't exactly groundbreaking. At least these recent serialised episodes are more interesting than the Liber8 crime-of-the-week stuff from season 1.
post #613 of 738 Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

It's almost like the original writers thought it would only go 10 episodes then out.
Since it got renewed for the second (and now third) season they're bringing in more factions- Freelancers, Mr E., to flesh out the story and make it more interesting.

So Kiera is the Terminator sent back to protect John... er... Alec by future Alec? Never thought about it that way- but it makes perfect sense actually! So where's uncle Derek? biggrin.gif

post #614 of 738 Old 06-24-2013, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Judging by the way they intercut the scenes in the present with the scenes from the future, it looked to me like he sent Garza to test him and kill him if he seemed too arrogant or intent on world domination, i.e. she was evaluating how much of a normal guy he was during their conversation, and she decided that he sounded sane enough to keep living (for now). The old Alec sent her back as a failsafe to take him out if necessary, so that he could prevent the rise of the police state that he helped create; however, he also sent Kiera back in the hope that she and the whole Liber8 debacle would prevent him from taking the same path he took the first time, thus sparing his life without also ruining the future again.
I thought it was revealed in the last episode that she works for Escher? Kiera also seemed to detect that she was lying about something (due to her elevated vitals), but she couldn't figure out what it was.

Pretty much agree on both accounts. Especially the second part as I thought it was shown them having a convo a few episodes back.
post #615 of 738 Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I'm having a Continuum withdrawal.......

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #616 of 738 Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I haven't watched any of this season yet, but noticed no recording in a while....is 8 eps it for this season, or are they just on a little break?
post #617 of 738 Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Episode 9 is this Sun. I think there are 13 eps in Season 2.

Never signs up for anything
post #618 of 738 Old 07-04-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Continuum has been on a two-week hiatus.
post #619 of 738 Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post

I'm having a Continuum withdrawal.......

Ditto, well at least this Sunday it's finally back.. only 2 more eps?

post #620 of 738 Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ditto, well at least this Sunday it's finally back.. only 2 more eps?
Season two was extended to 13 episodes (http://www.tvrage.com/Continuum/episode_list).
So we have 5 episodes left this season smile.gif

post #621 of 738 Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

So, third season common episode word will be:

- Third
- Money
- ???

First season was Time, second season was Second...

post #622 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Well they're really starting to blur the lines between which side is good and which side is evil.
Those "factories" looked more like Skynet work camps than somewhere civilians belong. I fully expected to see a T-888 patrolling the factory floor.

Could the whole thing be a joke on us viewers? Liber8 and Julian/Theseus are the good guys and the corps/government the villains here?

post #623 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

They where showing the viewpoint of Liber8 so of course it looks evil wink.gif it's showing both sides of the coin since there are always two sides to the story and its not always "black and white". It's not so much that they are "good guys" but they are doing "good" from a certain point of view. Of course they need to kill thousands in order to good so is it really "good"? wink.gif
post #624 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

They where showing the viewpoint of Liber8 so of course it looks evil wink.gif it's showing both sides of the coin since there are always two sides to the story and its not always "black and white". It's not so much that they are "good guys" but they are doing "good" from a certain point of view. Of course they need to kill thousands in order to good so is it really "good"? wink.gif
Maybe I have to review that segment again- but it seems that turning the workers implants off killed them?

post #625 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

No need to review, you remembered correctly. That why I mentioned that they good they do is also "bad". They are working within that grey area where the motive is good but the methods often have horrible consequences.
post #626 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

This episode felt like a filler, not much progress, and I didn't recognized Kira at all, it seems she become evil then at the end back to being herself, realizing that maybe the torture she just did will create the monster on the future.

Maybe I din't pay much attention was Kira the worker on that corporation,?

post #627 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nope.

That scene was from 2035 IIRC.... before she was born.

post #628 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This episode felt like a filler, not much progress, and I didn't recognized Kira at all, it seems she become evil then at the end back to being herself, realizing that maybe the torture she just did will create the monster on the future.

Evil? Imagine having the person responsible for millions of people dying in front of you (especially if you knew some of those that died). Evil had nothing to do with it she was running on pure emotion of what she remembers Thesus does in the future.
This episode was more groundwork for the Thesus character to connect the future to the past. I didn't see it as filler at all.
post #629 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nope.

That scene was from 2035 IIRC.... before she was born.

If she gets stuck in this timeline, she'll be about that age, and maybe a victim of the corporations...

post #630 of 738 Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

This show has always been about the blurring of the lines between government and commercial enterprise so it was interesting to see the early development of the "Che" of the future. I've had my doubts that Keira is on the "right" side since last season.

I did think the transition of the police unit from a government operation to a for hire private police force seemed a bit abrupt, was that foreshadowed in a previous episode? The long layoff seems to have dimmed my memory. And how did Escher suddenly come out of the "shadows" to be able to take over that police unit? I may have to go back and watch a few of the previous episodes as I feel as if I'm missing some linkage here.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page