post #721 of 738 Old 03-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yup it was a second signal, not a third...
He said it a funny way, talking about future Kira in the third person. But yes, only two Kiras. "Both Kiras were sending video at the time you were killed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 738 Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethunderclap View Post

The fact that she believed this was not only OK to destroy but used it to get a bonus sign in for Military service (which the govt toadie gleefully gets a kick back for) makes me want to root for her to fail and Liber8 to succeed.

I think to some degree the show has always been about Kiera's personal journey. She started the show thinking that Liber8 was comprised only of terrorists and that she was protecting a righteous government, but now seeing how things used to be before the Corporate Congress took over, hearing the message Liber8 spreads, and talking with Alec, she's been forced to re-evaluate her beliefs ever since the pilot.
post #723 of 738 Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
i hope they dont take advantage of this time travel thing and make the show into a jumbled mess just to keep it going...
post #724 of 738 Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

There's definitely the possibility for them to take the Fringe route and use time travel to retcon stories that nobody likes, but I am thinking at this point that the transition from season 2 to 3 was planned ahead of time. If the show starts resetting on a regular basis, then I'll be upset, but at this point I don't see how they can make another timeline: Escher is dead, and without him they have no power source for the metal time travel orange.
post #725 of 738 Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

It's telling that nobody bothered to comment on last week's silly remote controlled zombie plot, but I liked this week's episode more. Carlos seems to be off his rocker, though...
post #726 of 738 Old 04-12-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

Well, outside the Alec's meeting each other, the fact that Kira corpse is hidden still and Emily is still hiding her secret from the other timeline alec, what was there to talk about?

2077 is Hitler, Stalin and any other dictator's wet dream. The guy got pissed because she saved a child rather than a guy who was a board member making tons of money. Oh and did you notice the comment, "These things aren't supposed to happen anymore?"

I am happy Escher is dead. I am hoping for a Liber8 confrontation where current timeline Alec gets killed.

Something to chew on. The time police are there to maintain their timeline. What if in this timeline The congress fails? The time police assume Kira is from their future so maybe it is a good future not the evil one we saw and she remembers.

post #727 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Does anyone know how to get the Showcase Continuum site (or anywhere else for that matter) to play the first 2 episodes of this season?

The SyFy channel had a snafu which affected the DVRs of U.S. viewers and we missed these them.frown.gifmad.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #728 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 AM

the only legal way is via VPN. if you are looking for the episodes there are many ways. However, the only way that doesn't involve you in the copyright infringment trade war is vpn. Shaw is canadian and won't show content unless it thinks the end point is canadian as well.

post #729 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethunderclap View Post

the only legal way is via VPN. if you are looking for the episodes there are many ways. However, the only way that doesn't involve you in the copyright infringment trade war is vpn. Shaw is canadian and won't show content unless it thinks the end point is canadian as well.
VPN?confused.gif

post #730 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 12:15 PM

VPN = virtual private network

google free canada vpn for a list of them.

post #731 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

You need a proxy server between you and the Showcase website so that it will think you're connecting from a computer in Canada. If you connect from a non-Canadian IP address, it won't let you stream the episodes.
bulls likes this.
post #732 of 738 Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

You need a proxy server between you and the Showcase website so that it will think you're connecting from a computer in Canada. If you connect from a non-Canadian IP address, it won't let you stream the episodes.
OK, got it.

post #733 of 738 Old 04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I am getting bored, the last episode was terrible, did they let all the writers go?

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #734 of 738 Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I want to know why Lucas is suddenly not insane anymore and what the point of having him be insane last year even was. This show has always been hit or miss, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that the last episode was terrible. I was glad to see some background on Travis, but the thing I notice most about this season is that it's really ratcheted up the rhetoric.
post #735 of 738 Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

.... the thing I notice most about this season is that it's really ratcheted up the rhetoric.
And the attitudes!
Carlos is constantly pissed/depressed and openly criticizes and questions orders, Capt. Dillon has a permanent stick up his butt, Kira hasn't smiled this season, and the two Alex's almost had a throw-down.
The good guys make Liber8 look like a bunch of happy-go-lucky school kids lately. Even The Walking Dead has more joy than Continuum at this point.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #736 of 738 Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I also find new Alec's transition to evil overlord hard to believe. Sure he has a right to feel betrayed by Emily, but he's practically had a personality transplant just because he didn't experience a single week that old Alec did. I support the concept that people are shaped by their surroundings, but I think new Alec has changed fast enough to strain credulity.
post #737 of 738 Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
^ this.

I was going to post about that too. Not very comprehensible that suit-Alec made a 180° turn in just one episode (or even a few minutes).
But who can ask for reason in a time travel show anyway...

Am I the only one who has a hard time following all the different angles?
- Old Alec / evil time
- Suit Alec
- Nice Alec
- Alec's dad
- Alec's son
- Alec's step-brother
- Liber8
- Keira's story
- Weird Carlos
- Protectors for every timeline
- Different parallel timelines
- The freelancers
- Kellog

I don't think it was a good idea to open a new (parallel?) timeline. Did the new timeline extended from the old one as a branch or was it always there parralel?
The thing with parallel timelines / multiverse is, it renders pretty much everything irrelevant. Don't like what happened in this timeline? Well, let's just open or jump to another one. You end up with endless characters in endless timelines. It would have been hard enough to make somewhat plausible sense of the puzzle if they kept it to a single timeline where some characters were able to jump back and forth.

Using time travel only opened the can of worms. But adding different timelines poured it all over the table.
post #738 of 738 Old 04-17-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosFo View Post

I don't think it was a good idea to open a new (parallel?) timeline. Did the new timeline extended from the old one as a branch or was it always there parralel?

Everything that happened up until the point where old Alec arrived in the new timeline was the same between the old timeline and the new one, as far as we know. Things are only different now because of old Alec's (and old Kiera's) arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosFo View Post

The thing with parallel timelines / multiverse is, it renders pretty much everything irrelevant. Don't like what happened in this timeline? Well, let's just open or jump to another one.

That only becomes a problem if the writers choose to use it, and thus far they've indicated that they won't. Alec blew up the power source when he jumped back, so there's no way for anyone to engage in more time travel at this point, except maybe Kiera, since she has access to the Freelancers' base.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page