AVS Forum banner

Continuum on SHOWCASE (Canada)

40K views 765 replies 76 participants last post by  mrvideo 
#1 ·

New SciFi tv series. Does anyone here in the states know how to get this tv show? I took a preview on YouTube and it really looks good, starts tonight with a 2hr movie. DN does not carry the network - "Showcase".

http://geeksoulbrother.com/continuum-tv-series/

#2 ·
I have it on Bell, but have been subscribed for years now... It's the same station that shows lost girl.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser /forum/post/22073001

I watched it, not too bad. But I am going to with hold judgement, as it could easily slip into a partners cop show with barely any sci-fi, based on the first episode.

Where did you watch this? Are you in the US?

#8 ·
I just looked up the show on Wikipedia it has an interesting premise. Hopefully it will show up on Syfy eventually.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser /forum/post/22079634

I watched it streaming to my plasma. It's the Internet, dude. You can find anything you want. It just depends on how much risk or justification you can take.

Hey rusty - post some links!

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3trojan /forum/post/22082019

The only thing we get from Canada is robotic arms, blackberrys, and NICKELBACK!!

I like Rookie Blue.

#14 ·
Just by the description I'm guessing

Backwards Alcatraz

Criminals come from the future and not the past

Hot cop/protagonist is helped by geek guy..

LOL

#15 ·
Watched ep 01 and 02 last night... pretty decent actually!

Good production values, interesting Sci-Fi premise, some neat tech stuff- and Rachael Nichols is very easy to look at- kind of reminds me of a young Jodie Foster.

I'm in for a few more episodes....

#16 ·
Yeah only thing that bothers me is that mole near her right eye.. LOL

Still how many episodes they can produce? How much it will take to get them all?

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22111943

Still how many episodes they can produce? How much it will take to get them all?
I've read they've shot 10 episodes so far- two have aired. Hope it makes it.....

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22111296

Good production values, interesting Sci-Fi premise, some neat tech stuff- and Rachael Nichols is very easy to look at- kind of reminds me of a young Jodie Foster.

Yeah, enjoyed the 2nd episode as well. They spent a little more time setting up the premise going forward by legitimizing her in the present after her initial shaky cover was blown. And kept a surprising amount of tech by virtue of her suit. The did eliminate her future gun out of the equation when it was damaged in the explosion when they tried to return to 2077. I am in for the rest of the season.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22111296

She's got an awesome body, for sure. Hope they work a little gratuitous display of it into the show somehow; always worth a few ratings points. For, um, artistic merit of course.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22115017

She's got an awesome body, for sure. Hope they work a little gratuitous display of it into the show somehow; always worth a few ratings points. For, um, artistic merit of course.
Um.. yeah- that's it "artistic merit"!

Not every actor/actress can successfully pull of serious/intense- but Rachael Nichols carries it off very well. She's also retained the 'sympathetic character' attribute in regards to her family she left 60 yrs in the future. Well done in any case... she seems a good fit for the role.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22115207

Um.. yeah- that's it "artistic merit"!

Not every actor/actress can successfully pull of serious/intense- but Rachael Nichols carries it off very well. She's also retained the 'sympathetic character' attribute in regards to her family she left 60 yrs in the future. Well done in any case... she seems a good fit for the role.

Excellent IMO - I finally watched ep 01. This looks to being a very good series if they keep up the good work. I will be watching via internet until someone in their right minds decides to import this to the US.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22120543

Seen first two episodes and I do like it. Will decide by episode 5 to keep watching it or not.

The story is what is killing it for me. Who do you want to pull for? Touchy subject big brother vs freedom.
There's the interesting conundrum- if Kiera somehow gets the (future) terrorists killed/locked up, she can kiss her ride back to 2077 goodbye.

On the other hand- she can't just let them start a preemptive strike against the future legal government 65 years before her time because then there will be nothing to go back to. Also- if she indeed captures the engineer live- there's no way our current government would allow them (Kiera and the fugitives) to time travel back to 2077 regardless. Her only chance of getting back to 2077 is to take out all the fugitives except the engineer- and then somehow make a deal with him to get just the two of them back to 2077- even though his last two attempts failed. Of course this plan would involve a lot of deception on her part as far as 2012 law enforcement in concerned.

It's an interesting situation in any case...

#25 ·
See thats what I like about it so far. Last episode she was willing to make a deal to get home. Everyone seemed to be ok with it, untill it failed. Still Keira did give a hit of another option she has. None of the fugitives have been born yet....

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob  /t/1412519/continuum-new-series-on-canadian-tv#post_22121147

There's the interesting conundrum- if Kiera somehow gets the (future) terrorists killed/locked up, she can kiss her ride back to 2077 goodbye.

On the other hand- she can't just let them start a preemptive strike against the future legal government 65 years before her time because then there will be nothing to go back to. Also- if she indeed captures the engineer live- there's no way our current government would allow them (Kiera and the fugitives) to time travel back to 2077 regardless. Her only chance of getting back to 2077 is to take out all the fugitives except the engineer- and then somehow make a deal with him to get just the two of them back to 2077- even though his last two attempts failed. Of course this plan would involve a lot of deception on her part as far as 2012 law enforcement in concerned.

It's an interesting situation in any case...

And that for me makes great SciFi. I will continue watching via streaming until someone in their right mind brings this show to the US. Anyone watching out there in TV land?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.