Longmire on A&E HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
HDTV Programming > Longmire on A&E HD
Ericglo's Avatar Ericglo 05:06 PM 06-17-2013
I am teetering on the edge. The characters are starting to become annoying. Even LDP has become kind of an a$$.

HairyBee's Avatar HairyBee 01:08 PM 06-18-2013
Glad to see this episode was much much better. Hope the rest of the season follows suit. Interesting to find out more about Moretti's past. Except until this episode I couldn't remember her character's name. She was Deputy Starbuck in my mind
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 01:58 PM 06-18-2013
I must have forgotten something from last season, I thought she was on the outs with her ex-whatever he is? From the looks of this episode though they look like everything is just peachy.
rebkell's Avatar rebkell 03:03 PM 06-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I must have forgotten something from last season, I thought she was on the outs with her ex-whatever he is? From the looks of this episode though they look like everything is just peachy.

I haven't seen this week's yet, but I thought her and her hubby were kinda on the outs myself. I didn't remember her last name on the show, but I definitely know her first name or the name she goes by, they must say it 20 or 30 times a show: Vic
FOPA's Avatar FOPA 12:15 PM 06-19-2013
There was "They found me". Is there something dark in her past catching up? Isn't she supposed to be from Philadelphia or some other big city?
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 02:40 PM 06-19-2013
I thought it was "HE found me."
Bluto17's Avatar Bluto17 07:02 PM 06-19-2013
Vic and her husband were on the outs. But in one of the final episodes from last season, Longmire's new girlfriend made a comment about Vic never wearing her wedding ring, and what that meant. "My ex-husband used to do that too."

At the end of the episode, she put the ring back on.
HairyBee's Avatar HairyBee 01:28 PM 06-25-2013
Another solid episode. Still thinking too much of Starbuck. Didn't expect Vic to get her ass kicked in the ring. Can Walt really lose the election?
DuaneAA's Avatar DuaneAA 07:39 PM 06-25-2013
I was a little disappointed in the lack of continuity from the previous episode. Right at the end of that one, Vic seemed shaken that 'someone' appeared to have found her. However in this week's episode I didn't notice a single reference to it.

Duane
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 10:30 AM 06-26-2013
I liked Monday's episode and also Vic's shirt. I wish she would have stood still long enough to give us a closer look. wink.gif
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 06:21 AM 08-06-2013
Well, I'm still watching this show every week and enjoying every episode. Last night's was one of the best of the season. Am I the only one still viewing???
billybobg's Avatar billybobg 08:14 AM 08-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Well, I'm still watching this show every week and enjoying every episode. Last night's was one of the best of the season. Am I the only one still viewing???

No. DVR'd and usually don't get to it for a day or three.
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 09:16 AM 08-06-2013
I still watch it, but the stories are a bit lame. I'm really fed up with Phillips' fake pseudo-Indian way of speaking. It's really irritating.
Keenan's Avatar Keenan 10:39 AM 08-06-2013
Still watching here as well and agree that the less LDP the better, there is really no need for that speech affect, just speak normally, nearly every other Native American on the show does, why should Philips sound any different.
McDonoughDawg's Avatar McDonoughDawg 02:50 PM 08-06-2013
Still watching here, but I am at least one week behind.
billybobg's Avatar billybobg 02:53 PM 08-06-2013
I'm okay with Phillip's delivery. I take it as a means of expressing his position as a successful business man with a suttle rebuke toward those who would stereotype Native Americans.
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 06:06 PM 08-06-2013
The Indian purging/atonement thing just does not fit the rational Longmire character which has been established.
FOPA's Avatar FOPA 10:58 AM 08-07-2013
I thought in the first seaeson we saw imagery of flashbacks where Longmire was in a sweat lodge and participating in some native American rituals.

When he asked about the eagle feathers I thought about Richard Harris in a Man Called Horse. While checking on the title, I can't believe there were two more movie sequels.

I watched this weeks episode last night and thought it was really good. Then I watched Perception and couldn't believe how similar they were.
mhufnagel's Avatar mhufnagel 11:48 AM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I thought in the first seaeson we saw imagery of flashbacks where Longmire was in a sweat lodge and participating in some native American rituals.

You are correct about that. And Henry has referred to Walt as a spiritual man, while it was mentioned that some "whites" feel that he is too cozy with the local tribe. So I didn't feel that the ceremony was out of place for him.
chuckoben's Avatar chuckoben 05:24 PM 08-13-2013
Hard to believe Katy got well because Longmire went through that purging ordeal. Seems to me the episodes are getting a bit far fetched.

Mr.G's Avatar Mr.G 10:41 AM 08-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I thought in the first season we saw imagery of flashbacks where Longmire was in a sweat lodge and participating in some native American rituals.

When he asked about the eagle feathers I thought about Richard Harris in a Man Called Horse. While checking on the title, I can't believe there were two more movie sequels.

I watched this weeks episode last night and thought it was really good. Then I watched Perception and couldn't believe how similar they were.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Cheyenne and piercings are used as a purification ceremony. Sweat lodges and piercing are practiced even today.

The piercing and hanging in A Man Called Horse (recommended viewing) was a Sioux initiation rite.

The bobby-trap Henry Standing Bear fell victim to in the last episode was supposedly an Apache technique which is interesting since they did not range much farther north than southern Colorado. The premise I guess is that Mr. Bear knows much about the different tribes, not just Cheyenne.

The waking of Longmire's daughter can be viewed as the result of the purification or just a coincidence. Your choice.
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 09:36 AM 08-20-2013
The show continues to carry me along and bring me back. I have a special appreciation for actors with great voice qualities, which I think Robert Taylor has. That he can pull off a perfect Western American accent is a tribute to his craft.

I am hoping that Peter Weller (Lucian) will be a continuing character with that great voice of his. A character he played in Fringe was one of the best in that series too. The actor is a consistent standout in just about any roll he is in.
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 01:29 PM 08-20-2013
It's still one of my "must see" shows also, and I enjoy it immensely. Robert Taylor is excellent.
hooked01's Avatar hooked01 03:14 PM 08-20-2013
I ran across a YouTube video of a Q&A session that Katee Sackhoff did for ACE 2012 Convention. Very articulate, funny and gracious and a little bit raunchy. My kind of woman! wink.gif

She had a funny anecdote where one of the actors from the original Dukes of Hazzard guest starred on the show and LDP showed up one day in full Daisy Duke uniform. She said that LDP tends to show up in female attire frequently.
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 04:38 PM 08-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

I ran across a YouTube video of a Q&A session that Katee Sackhoff did for ACE 2012 Convention. Very articulate, funny and gracious and a little bit raunchy. My kind of woman! wink.gif

She had a funny anecdote where one of the actors from the original Dukes of Hazzard guest starred on the show and LDP showed up one day in full Daisy Duke uniform. She said that LDP tends to show up in female attire frequently.

What is an "LDP?" I am severely acronym challenged.
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 04:39 PM 08-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

What is an "LDP?" I am severely acronym challenged.

I think that would be Lou Diamond Philips.
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 07:29 AM 08-27-2013
I thought the scene in which Longmire, without any lead-up or explanation, lures the guy who beat Ed out to a remote cliff where the enforcer then went directly to a hole and picked out a jar with a note in it telling him to "look up," and there was the sheriff, was so bizarre on so many levels as to be ridiculous. I like the show, but "come on." The motivations with the entire side story of the female deputy are also getting very strained and unbelievable on both her and Ed's part.
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 08:51 AM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

I thought the scene in which Longmire, without any lead-up or explanation, lures the guy who beat Ed out to a remote cliff where the enforcer then went directly to a hole and picked out a jar with a note in it telling him to "look up," and there was the sheriff, was so bizarre on so many levels as to be ridiculous. I like the show, but "come on." The motivations with the entire side story of the female deputy are also getting very strained and unbelievable on both her and Ed's part.
So, does that mean you won't be watching next year? confused.gif Minor concerns notwithstanding, there are those of us who really do enjoy the show.
Garrett Adams's Avatar Garrett Adams 05:50 PM 08-27-2013
Love the show. Maybe it was an A&E call but I was surprised that both The Glades and Longmire ended with a male cast member being shot twice in the torso.
mrvideo's Avatar mrvideo 11:59 PM 08-27-2013
I love the show as well.

Looks like Walt's girlfriend is no more. She certainly was jealous and very closed minded.
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop