Longmire on A&E HD & Netflix - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes
post #271 of 289 Old 11-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 27
We had been wanting to watch House of Cards for some time now, so we bit the bullet and signed up for Netflix. We knew we were going to anyway later just for Longmire. But once we signed up, we noticed how much sharper the PQ is over our Dish picture. More like what I expect an HD picture to look like. Maybe cable and satellite service providers could retain a few more customers if the picture quality was worthy of the high monthly expense. Well...maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 289 Old 11-24-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Reference Netflix, now that the Amazon Fire TV Netflix app has been updated, the voice control locates content in a eye blink. No more on-screen keyboard for me!
post #273 of 289 Old 11-25-2014, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
In regards to the over 50 demo. At least now and going forward, we have ever increasing numbers of us who were young enough (body, or mind) to have not resisted learning the ropes on this tech. Those behind us are adopting this as the prime method of viewing and will carry that into their sunset years
post #274 of 289 Old 11-28-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
If history proves as any production example the second season of Netflix's Lilyhammer shot during the first 4 months of 2013 and aired in October of that year.

The Longmire show's production base is well established and only the sponsor has changed. So my hope is that Netflix gets 8-10 episodes to air by Fall 2015.
Looks like my original estimate was a little optimistic. Filming won't begin until March. Regardless I'll take it.

Longmire update post.

http://cartermatt.com/142331/longmir...lips-messages/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #275 of 289 Old 11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the link. It's a good read and the pic of Taylor was worth the price of admission.
post #276 of 289 Old 03-21-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 832
post #277 of 289 Old 03-21-2015, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

If this thread cannot be renamed to reflect Netflix when the fourth Season is about be streamed a new thread should be created.
post #278 of 289 Old 03-21-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
If this thread cannot be renamed to reflect Netflix when the fourth Season is about be streamed a new thread should be created.
That should be possible, probably wait until there's a start date announced and ask DrDon.
post #279 of 289 Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Production is beginning now. Word is that it will be released late this year.
Keenan likes this.
post #280 of 289 Old 04-24-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Something to keep viewers warm while waiting for Season 4 of Longmire, Netflix will add Season 3 to its streaming collection on May 1.

http://hiddenremote.com/2015/04/23/l...flix-releases/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #281 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 11:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Send a message via Yahoo to dad1153
From the "Hot Off The Press" thread (top of the 'HDTV Programming' page).

Summer 2015 TCA Tour Notes (Streaming)
Longmire: Netflix Sets Season 4 Release Date, Solves Time Jump Mystery
By Michael Ausiello, TVLine.com - Jul. 28, 2015

Longmire fans, it’s the Season 4 update you’ve been (impatiently) waiting for.

Netflix announced on Tuesday that the ex-A&E drama’s 10-episode fourth season will drop on Thursday, Sept. 10.

The streaming giant also released a mildly spoilery longline that revealed, among other things, that Season 4
Spoiler!

On the casting front, Netflix confirms that Ally Walker will recur in an unspecified role, joining returning regulars Robert Taylor, Bailey Chase, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley. Gerald McRaney will also reprise his role as Barlow Connally for an arc.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/28/longmir...-release-date/
Keenan likes this.
post #282 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

Longmire: Netflix Sets Season 4 Release Date, Solves Time Jump Mystery
By Michael Ausiello, TVLine.com - Jul. 28, 2015

Longmire fans, it’s the Season 4 update you’ve been (impatiently) waiting for.

Netflix announced on Tuesday that the ex-A&E drama’s 10-episode fourth season will drop on Thursday, Sept. 10.

The streaming giant also released a mildly spoilery longline that revealed, among other things, that Season 4
Spoiler!

On the casting front, Netflix confirms that Ally Walker will recur in an unspecified role, joining returning regulars Robert Taylor, Bailey Chase, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley. Gerald McRaney will also reprise his role as Barlow Connally for an arc.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/28/longmir...-release-date/
Awesome! Thanks!
Distorted likes this.
post #283 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for the good news I was thinking not long ago "I wonder how the show is coming along"

Jerry
post #284 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I agree. That is great news. I am a big fan and looking forward to it.

SMK
post #285 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope the thread title is changed to reflect Netflix.
post #286 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 458
All you gotta do is ask.
Garrett Adams and Keenan like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #287 of 289 Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

'Longmire' Team Talks Netflix Resurrection: "There Was So Much at Stake"
By Kate Stanhope, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Jul. 28, 2015

It didn’t take long for the subject of second chances to come up Tuesday at Netflix's Television Critics Association press tour panel for Longmire.

The series, which was canceled by A&E nearly a year ago despite strong viewership, was resurrected by Netflix for a fourth season in November.

"We had a lot of story left to tell and every intention of telling that. We were surprised," said executive producer Hunt Baldwin. "Needless to say we are thrilled that we got to move to Netflix and finish telling that story."

Star Robert Taylor may have been the most shocked by the news. "I thought it was a joke. I didn’t believe it," he said. "But I always believed we weren't finished."

Executive producer Greer Shephard became emotional, and even teared up, when talking about how the show came to Netflix, giving much of the credit to WBTVG president and chief content officer Peter Roth: "He has believed in this show from the very beginning and I believe it took him 12 minutes from the cancelation of our show and him finding [Netflix vp original content] Cindy Holland, I believe it was in Iceland, and letting her know of the fate of our show," said Shephard.

Shephard recalled pitching the fourth season to Netflix last September. "Never before have I wept in a meeting because there was so much at stake," she said. "We needed to complete and continue our storytelling. ... It was an appeal for life."

That appeal was soon granted, and the result is a fourth season that producers say feels more "cinematic" thanks to less time constraints and no commercial breaks. "They said, 'Go make the same show you're making. Just don’t make it like television,' " said executive producer John Coveny. "And we took that to heart because that’s what we've been trying to do since we pitched it to A&E. It's great to finally be making the show we always wanted to make."

Added Baldwin: "We're not changing our approach to storytelling very much but I think the end result feels very different. … The story feels more completed and more complex."

However, producers said there won't be increased vulgarity or nudity just because the show is on Netflix. "We did not want to alienate the incredible fan base," said Shephard.

In addition to serving their loyal fan base, the Netflix deal has also brought new eyes to the show. Ahead of the Sept. 10 launch, seasons one through three of the western are currently streaming. "I can't tell how many people have just started watching now," said star Cassidy Freeman. "Its such a great opportunity for Netflix to have the whole story to tell."

Ironically, as Shephard pointed out, second chances is also the theme for season four. "Who you are as a person is defined by how you handle the second chance," she said.

The 10-episode season picks up moments after the finale in which Walt Longmire (Taylor) found out who was behind the murder of his wife and takes off after the killer with murder on his mind.

"How does he go on? Once you've vanquished that and that has sort of been your sole purpose in life, who are you," said Baldwin, who also teased Henry's "newfound freedom. … What does he do with it to validate that he's been giving this second chance?"

However, Henry (Lou Diamond Phillips) will also have his hands full going up against Walt. "There's a horrific loophole in that tribal police and tribal courts are not able to prosecute non-natives who commit crimes on a reservation," said Shephard. "Those injustices and those discrepancies are the subject of several stories, and are going to put Walt and Henry in opposition."

The fourth season of Longmire debut Sept. 10.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...netflix-811721
post #288 of 289 Unread Today, 01:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

TV Notes (Streaming)
A look at 'Longmire' on Netflix
By Daniel Hurwitz, USA Today - Aug. 14, 2015

Actor Robert Taylor says the fourth season of Longmire is all about second chances. That theme makes sense, considering Netflix is giving the modern-day Western another shot after A&E canceled the series nearly a year ago at the end of its third season.

Last November, the streaming service ordered ten new episodes, to be released all at once on September 10.

Based on the novels by Craig Johnson, the series stars Taylor as Wyoming sheriff Walt Longmire. Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and Lou Diamond Phillips (Southland) co-star.

The first episode picks up moments after last season's cliffhanger finale. Having just found out who was behind the murder of his wife, Longmire sets out in pursuit of the killer.

In the exclusive clip,
Spoiler!

[CLICK LINK BELOW TO SEE CLIP]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...flix/31676863/
post #289 of 289 Unread Today, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Sponsored Links
Advertisement