Originally Posted by Distorted
I like these procedurals....
I like Sackoff, but I am not a procedural fan at all. Procedurals just seem so .. tired or something. Different shows with the same procedural premise (though with different settings, characters, etc) can't seem to hold my interest. I'll keep watching this show for a few more episodes because the acting and writing seemed fairly good, and because of Katie. I just don't know how many more shows, and episodes within shows, can continue to hold folks' interest when just about every one of these shows goes:
(1) Someone is murdered / harmed
(2) Some other filler not related to the murder happens (insert relevant filler here)
(3) Police (insert investigative team relevant to show here) investigate.
(4) Police talk to between 3 and 10 different people on that episode
(5) one of the 3-10 people is caught as the murderer
Rinse, repeat. Show after show, year after year. God bless the folks that like this kind of thing - and there must be many as the ratings are high for procedurals. I must be in quite the minority, but the utter redundancy of procedurals simply can't hold my interest for long. Katie might for this show, but not the overall non-serialized aspect of it ...