Boiler Up!!!
biggrin.gif
post #33 of 48 Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 161
From the "Hot Off the Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). rolleyes.gif

TV Notes
‘Big Bro’ gal’s 800G reality lesson
By Brad Hamilton, New York Post - Jul. 15, 2012

A “Big Brother” contestant who vowed never to “boink on camera” to win is accused of screwing her ex out of big bucks.

So claims former S&M king Anthony Marini, who is suing his ex-flame Ashley Iocco in Manhattan Supreme Court for $820,000.

“She’s a thief,” charged Marini. “Nobody understands what this girl is doing.”

Marini, 56, who in the 1990s ran The Vault — a notorious bondage den in the Meatpacking District — cast the 26-year-old buxom blonde as the star of his first feature film in 2010.

A few months into the shoot, the two began dating.

But Iocco, after completing just eight scenes for a trailer, bolted to California, causing a $700,000 investor to back out, Marini alleges.

Iocco, a Pittsburgh native who operates a mobile spray-tanning business in Hollywood, couldn’t be reached for comment.

But she filed an answer to the complaint in which she denied the charges, including the claim that she and Marini had a binding contract.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/big_bro_gal_reality_lesson_kKwNcQ4esNzmZ5WdV4o4NL?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local
post #34 of 48 Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Hmmm... another Hantz meltdown. Is anybody surprised? Willie Hantz certainly proved he was part of that disfunctional family!!!
post #35 of 48 Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Not a reality TV viewer so this is my first exposure to a Hantz on TV. If the rest of the family is like Willie and I lived near them I'd move to another state. smile.gif
post #36 of 48 Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Didn't see that coming but not surprised.
post #37 of 48 Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

Not a reality TV viewer so this is my first exposure to a Hantz on TV. If the rest of the family is like Willie and I lived near them I'd move to another state. smile.gif
They are exactly like him, but at least they didn't get kicked off their respective shows. smile.gif
post #38 of 48 Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
They edited out quite a bit of the blowup (throwing pork rinds at Janelle and calling her a c-word...and there were a total of 4 headbutts). But they also edited out Joe saying he was going to go downstairs and push Willie over the edge.
post #39 of 48 Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

They edited out quite a bit of the blowup (throwing pork rinds at Janelle and calling her a c-word...and there were a total of 4 headbutts). But they also edited out Joe saying he was going to go downstairs and push Willie over the edge.

How did they edit out the other three head-butts? First we see an unscathed Joe with his fists up, then we see a head-butt, then we see Joe muttering "...he butted me" (no 'four times' mentioned), and he checks his forehead for blood as Willie is called away. When/where were the other butts?
post #40 of 48 Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Isn't anyone watching this nonsense anymore?

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #41 of 48 Old 08-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Yes.. but it's not HD programming so it really shouldn't be discussed in this forum.

I suggest getting your BB fix here:
http://www.realitybbq.com/

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #42 of 48 Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

How did they edit out the other three head-butts? First we see an unscathed Joe with his fists up, then we see a head-butt, then we see Joe muttering "...he butted me" (no 'four times' mentioned), and he checks his forehead for blood as Willie is called away. When/where were the other butts?

They only showed one of them. The altercation in the bathroom lasted longer.

The houseguests gave a blow by blow on the live feeds.
post #43 of 48 Old 08-04-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Yes.. but it's not HD programming so it really shouldn't be discussed in this forum.
I suggest getting your BB fix here:
http://www.realitybbq.com/
However, it airs on an HD channel, so news of its progress (or lack thereof) is still HD news - just like with the TCM thread.
post #44 of 48 Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Are the cameras so old that they can't do 16:9 SD? I would think that would be possible with optical anamorphic adapters.

It used to be that 16:9 SD programs intended for full screen upconversion were the line on discussion in HD Programming. This show is still not only SD but 4:3. As all shows on a major broadcast network air on a HD channel, does this mean that any of their shows can be discussed in HD Programming?
post #45 of 48 Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOD View Post

Are the cameras so old that they can't do 16:9 SD? I would think that would be possible with optical anamorphic adapters.
It used to be that 16:9 SD programs intended for full screen upconversion were the line on discussion in HD Programming. This show is still not only SD but 4:3. As all shows on a major broadcast network air on a HD channel, does this mean that any of their shows can be discussed in HD Programming?
It depends on the camera.

Lipstick type cameras wouldn't have that ability, but a shouldercam that was adapted for studio use would have the ability to switch to 16x9 if it was made any time in the mid to late 80's. The Sony units I used in my first job right around 1990 or so were switchable and they were several years old when I got to them.

In 16x9 mode, the image would be squashed horizontally when recording to 4x3 SD media, but stretch out to 16x9 if run into a widescreen source.

As far as your last question, I think it's just as important to discuss what isn't HD as what is - especially with HD being so...normal...
post #46 of 48 Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

..... As far as your last question, I think it's just as important to discuss what isn't HD as what is - especially with HD being so...normal...

Except that it used to be that the moderators would either move or delete threads that discussed non-HD programming from this particular sub-forum. After all, this IS (or was) the "HD Programming" forum. Obviously, there has been a change in policy. Now it appears that anything and everything is fair game . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #47 of 48 Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' thread). mad.gif

TV Notes
'Big Brother: After Dark' Moves From Showtime to TVGN
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - May 29, 2013

Big Brother: After Dark has a new home.

After airing on Showtime for the past seven seasons, the daily late-night companion series to CBS summer staple Big Brother will now air on TVGN (TV Guide Network).

“Big Brother is one of television’s longest-running reality series with a loyal audience, and we are excited to bring Big Brother: After Dark to TVGN where fans can watch all summer long,” said Brad Schwartz, president of entertainment and media, TVGN. “When the sun goes down and the cameras are still rolling, some of the best reality TV moments come to life, and we expect this season of Big Brother: After Dark to deliver more jaw-dropping action available only on TVGN.”

Like previous years, Big Brother: After Dark will continue to broadcast live feeds from inside the house seven days a week, but for two hours (instead of three), from 12-2 a.m. ET/delayed PT beginning June 26, when Big Brother debuts its 15th season.

The 24/7 live feeds will also move from RealNetworks to CBS.com.

The upcoming Big Brother season will be an expanded edition, launching a few weeks earlier than usual, and continuing to air three nights a week (9 p.m. Tuesdays, 9 p.m. Wednesdays and 8 p.m. Sundays).

Julie Chen returns as host of Big Brother. The last remaining house guest will win the $500,000 grand prize.

The move from Showtime to TVGN comes months after CBS inked a deal acquiring a 50 percent partnership stake, giving CBS half ownership to the cable network that reaches 80 million U.S. homes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-dark-moves-showtime-559927
post #48 of 48 Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, before anyone says anything, I know the current season is Big Brother 15, not 14, and I also know it's still not in HD. However, I just have to say this is the most obnoxious, unlikeable bunch of people that have ever inhabited the Big Brother house. And, I'm guessing CBS loves it.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page