Crackling out of surround speakers on HD programming - AVS Forum
HDTV Programming > Crackling out of surround speakers on HD programming
WagBoss's Avatar WagBoss 10:56 AM 07-04-2012
I find almost all of the shows I watch on my HD PVR, the noise coming out of the surrounds is either clapping, laughing, music, or crackling. Does anyone else get this? I find it very annoying when watching tv shows like big bang theory, how i met your mother, and other shows like this, constant hissing/crackle out of surround speakers. I usually just turn them off and watch it from my front 3 speakers. I get the sound into my avr by hdmi from my Bell HD PVR. Is there a fix to this or is it just because they don't really record these shows for 5.1 dolby surround? Or is something messed up on my end?

This also happens on certain movie channels, some movies I couldn't even watch it was just constant noise out of the rears.

WagBoss's Avatar WagBoss 06:13 PM 07-07-2012
no one has any comments? Can you guys looking at this just say if you don't have this problem?
primetimeguy's Avatar primetimeguy 06:19 PM 07-07-2012
There is a big difference between laughing and clapping vs crackling. Most tv sitcoms have background laugher in the surrounds, that's how it is mixed. If you are hearing crackling I would look to speaker or receiver problems

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
WagBoss's Avatar WagBoss 10:36 PM 07-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post

There is a big difference between laughing and clapping vs crackling. Most tv sitcoms have background laugher in the surrounds, that's how it is mixed. If you are hearing crackling I would look to speaker or receiver problems
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

it doesn't crackle at all if it is anything other then TV programs. Blu-ray, games, music etc. is all perfect.
Up
Mobile  Desktop