NY Med on ABC HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 115

Heads-up for fans of this production team, NY Med starts this Tuesday July 10 on ABC. The eight-episode documentary series follow-up to "Boston Med" and "Hopkins 24/7". This documentary series will explore the lives of doctors and patients inside of Columbia and Weill Cornell hospitals, two of New York's most prestigious hospitals.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

Heads-up for fans of this production team, NY Med starts this Tuesday July 10 on ABC. The eight-episode documentary series follow-up to "Boston Med" and "Hopkins 24/7". This documentary series will explore the lives of doctors and patients inside of Columbia and Weill Cornell hospitals, two of New York's most prestigious hospitals.
Good news indeed. the Boston Med series was outstanding in it's mix of the hard core medical issues and the personal stories. I still can't forget the patient from Louisiana who ran out of time before a donor heart was available. The impact on the cardiology resident and the attending was devastating and his family's handling of the situation was purely noble.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You're right. The Boston Med series was outstanding television. I missed the first episode; darn All Star game.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The first episode on Monday was outstanding. Once again the mix of focus on the medical staff and the patients was excellent. Dr. Oz was remarkable in his dealings with his valve replacement patient. A doctor that I work with, and a good friend, was unaware of the procedure in which the liver is removed, cleared of malignant tissue and then re implanted. It seems pretty radical and it was too bad that more cancerous nodules were discovered resulting in an immediate halting of the surgery.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Dr. Oz showed he is the real thing. He was down and dirty in the surgery. I am amazed he can do 5 shows and clinics and surgery.

I really enjoy this series of shows!
post #6 of 11 Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
absolutely loved this show. a few thoughts:

I had no idea Dr. oz was still practicing medicine. I thought by now he would have f u money.
say what you will about obamacare, but you know for a fact that those guys without insurance wont be paying those bills and the hospital will have to eat those costs.
I loved how rediculous the Christian scientist were. "maybe not getting vaccines was pretty dumb?" no ****?
I really hope the cancer Guy got to go to Ireland.
my worst fear is that HIV and hep c vomiting situation. props to him for being so calm.
the only part I skipped was the resident singing. no one cares.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-14-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69 View Post

absolutely loved this show. a few thoughts:
I had no idea Dr. oz was still practicing medicine. I thought by now he would have f u money.
say what you will about obamacare, but you know for a fact that those guys without insurance wont be paying those bills and the hospital will have to eat those costs.
I loved how rediculous the Christian scientist were. "maybe not getting vaccines was pretty dumb?" no ****?
I really hope the cancer Guy got to go to Ireland.
my worst fear is that HIV and hep c vomiting situation. props to him for being so calm.
the only part I skipped was the resident singing. no one cares.
He mentions on his show quite often that he is a practicing physician. smile.gif
post #8 of 11 Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The only time I have seen his show is when it is something bizarre shown on The Soup. He gets alot of stupid questions on there. Do these people not have google?

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-26-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tonight at 10:00 PM is the season opener on NY Med on ABC. Thins a great 8-episode documentary series on hospitals from John Hopkins to Boston and now the New York area.

From the ABC blurb: "Each episode in this eight-part series toggles between the renowned surgeons of Manhattan's New York Presbyterian Hospital and the gritty world of trauma surgeons at Newark's University Hospital where the ER is a doorway to the mean streets of one of America's most violent cities. This limited series takes a deep dive into high stakes medicine through the eyes of unforgettable characters."
post #10 of 11 Old 06-27-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Re: the 28-year-old very attractive female urologist on last night's program helping the 73-year-old man who needed a penile pump implant... He must have really needed one. I had an examination "down there" a few years ago. The physician's assistant was also a very young and attractive female medical student. I quickly learned I had no need of any "mechanical" or "pharmaceutical" assistance and became terribly embarrassed when the doctor had her "examine" me. Need I say more?
post #11 of 11 Old 06-27-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This was one of the best season openers yet. Reviewer David Bianculli said it best, "this is not reality TV -- it's reality, on TV."
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page