Regarding the 3D coverage which I have just spent the last several hours watching the opening ceremonies trying to figure out (via Comcast):
1) It is great to have what I believe to be the full show. Even to see the bows that took place between each scene gives it a whole different feel to the show. AND THEY INCLUDE THE MEMORIAL PIECE BEFORE THE ATHLETE WALKIN.
2) You can tell the shot selection is limited - as don't get all the closeups, video rolls, etc that the regular NBCHD feed had, but I like the wider shot - like you are there.
3) The "commercial" breaks have no logic. They broke 30 sec before the ending of one scene only to come back. Makes no sense. On another rant, I don't see why they have to insert the same spots at erratic times at all (Paladia and HDNet do the same thing just seemingly to have a break).
4) I agree with a previous poster that the picture doesn't have the HD clarity of the regular NBCHD feed, but I figure you sacrifice this for 3D. Speaking of 3D, the effect is very light but I don't mind it. The audio mix is definitely different but I don't think it looses much.
5) It would be nice if they had a schedule as to when things actually were showing. Anyone?