Survivor : Phillippines in HD September 19 CBS - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Sad to see RC go .. she coulda been a contender ..

I felt the challenge was stacked in favor of lightweight people .. 25% of a near midgets body weight is much less than everyone else on the show .. I mean, what's Denise weigh .. ?? 90 pounds max .. ??

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

So did Genner (sp?) need to use his immunity idol? Couldn't tell if he had enough votes against him that he needed to use it or not.
Do you think they will put another idol into play?

I bet there already is one near the merged camp.
post #273 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
i don't understand jeff's move. he could've been the puppetmaster if he would've joined forces with rc and skupin. but he was so hell bent on getting penner out of there.......and it didn't even happen. now he's in a snake pit with pete, artis and abi. i really hope i'm wrong but the next three vote-outs look obvious - penner, jeff and skupin (not necessarily in that order).
post #274 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

i don't understand jeff's move. he could've been the puppetmaster if he would've joined forces with rc and skupin. but he was so hell bent on getting penner out of there.......and it didn't even happen. now he's in a snake pit with pete, artis and abi. i really hope i'm wrong but the next three vote-outs look obvious - penner, jeff and skupin (not necessarily in that order).

Myself, I'd like to see Jeff go ASAP ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #275 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I felt the challenge was stacked in favor of lightweight people .. 25% of a near midgets body weight is much less than everyone else on the show .. I mean, what's Denise weigh .. ?? 90 pounds max .. ??

Individual challenges are always stacked in favor of someone. Some people can't run fast as others. Some people can't carry as much as others. Some people can't climb as fast as others. Some people are too stupid to figure out puzzles.

Kent is around 180 pounds and he nearly won immunity so in the end it looked like the challenge was fair.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #276 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Individual challenges are always stacked in favor of someone. Some people can't run fast as others. Some people can't carry as much as others. Some people can't climb as fast as others. Some people are too stupid to figure out puzzles.

Really .. rolleyes.gif

post #277 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

I agree.  Jeff's misreading of Penner is almost as bad as Abi's misreading of RC.   However, I have a feeling the editors hid some major pieces to the puzzle from the viewers.   Denise and Malcolm are clearly still in a tight alliance yet they didn't show anything with Denise between the immunity challenge and vote.   Its very possible that Denise convinced Jeff to go along with that vote.    Penner didn't seem to be blind-sided at all and was very confident when he played the idol.    I feel like they must have edited out a lot of stuff (even more than usual) in order to keep some suspense and surprise for the viewers over the next few weeks.  

post #278 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I agree.  Jeff's misreading of Penner is almost as bad as Abi's misreading of RC.   However, I have a feeling the editors hid some major pieces to the puzzle from the viewers.   Denise and Malcolm are clearly still in a tight alliance yet they didn't show anything with Denise between the immunity challenge and vote.   Its very possible that Denise convinced Jeff to go along with that vote.    Penner didn't seem to be blind-sided at all and was very confident when he played the idol.    I feel like they must have edited out a lot of stuff (even more than usual) in order to keep some suspense and surprise for the viewers over the next few weeks.  

Agree, there was probably quite a bit edited out for strategy so readily as to not give away the next few votes. However, Jeff Kent, who otherwise is playing a very nice strategic game, is baffling with his insistence to get out returnee players. And, it was his theme long before the last vote. He is generally very rational but he has that hang-up on returnee players and it will be his downfall.
post #279 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Really .. rolleyes.gif

Wow, that was exactly my original response to your "the challenge was stacked" complaint, but I decided to be polite and explain it.

post #280 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Agree, there was probably quite a bit edited out for strategy so readily as to not give away the next few votes. However, Jeff Kent, who otherwise is playing a very nice strategic game, is baffling with his insistence to get out returnee players. And, it was his theme long before the last vote. He is generally very rational but he has that hang-up on returnee players and it will be his downfall.

Yep, I would think a good strategy would be to bring the returned players with you to the final three.
post #281 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

yeah, i felt like the editing was definitely done to leave us in the dark about some things. i guess it's always that way to some extent. even if jeff and denise got together i still don't understand the strategy. pete, artis and abi will ultimately be harder to vote out than the returning players skupin and penner. besides that, i liked rc smile.gif
post #282 of 586 Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Jeff said "Families don't win Survivor". Didn't he watch last season? A family can very easily win. They just hand the prize to one of their members!!
post #283 of 586 Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 329
I have to wonder if Jeff Kent's instance on getting the vets out is something to do with subconsciously moving the attention away from him. Of course by the time he tried out he may have just seen back to back seasons where Rob and Coach made it to the finals. This season shapes to have a lot of backstabbing if the fringe players make smart move. Malcolm and Denise are nice little floating alliance that could swing the votes either way. At some point Jeff Kent has to realize that his quest to get Jonathan will lead him sitting on the jury quickly.
post #284 of 586 Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 66
WOW, Jeff's rant about having to pay 400k in taxes cause of OBAMA? rolleyes.gif

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #285 of 586 Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
How did he know? eek.gifbiggrin.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #286 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 149
That had to be the craziest scramble before tribal I have ever seen. All set on one person, then the other, then another, so much changing and scrambling. And why in the heck did Penner vote for Abi?????

post #287 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Liked: 10
That was one of the best episodes of Survivor ever! I had no clue who was going home. Lisa really messed up Malcolm's game. So much for trusting the Church Lady. Actually, she found his idol so he had no choice. Tough break.

I was glad to see Jeff go. He got voted out before BOTH of the returning players. And what a whiny statement at the end. "I made 60 milliion dollars playing baseball so I don't even need a measly million dollars."

I was under the impression that the IRS takes 400K of the prize money.
post #288 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCmdr View Post

And what a whiny statement at the end. "I made 60 milliion dollars playing baseball so I don't even need a measly million dollars."

I didn't hear it that way. It sounded more like despite making $60 million in MLB, he wanted that $1 million prize badly - and it's really only $600K after Obama takes $400K.
post #289 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCmdr View Post

That was one of the best episodes of Survivor ever! I had no clue who was going home. Lisa really messed up Malcolm's game. So much for trusting the Church Lady. Actually, she found his idol so he had no choice. Tough break.
I was glad to see Jeff go. He got voted out before BOTH of the returning players. And what a whiny statement at the end. "I made 60 milliion dollars playing baseball so I don't even need a measly million dollars."
Assuming the winner had no other income and filed a joint income tax return with his/her spouse claiming 2 exemptions and taking the standard deduction, the federal tax on $1,000,000 is $312,314.
post #290 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I didn't hear it that way. It sounded more like despite making $60 million in MLB, he wanted that $1 million prize badly - and it's really only $600K after Obama takes $400K.

Those were the words that came from his lips. But I think it was his drive to win. He simply wanted to win the game, regardless of the money involved.

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #291 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Please keep politics out of the discussion...if that's not possible in the context of "taxes", then move on from that topic. AVS does not allow political discussions.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #292 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

That had to be the craziest scramble before tribal I have ever seen. All set on one person, then the other, then another, so much changing and scrambling. And why in the heck did Penner vote for Abi?????

I was wondering the same thing.   There are a lot of possibilities.  Was he unaware that everybody else was voting for Pete, or did he intentionally vote Abi?  That way he can still play dumb and not completely alienate himself from his old tribe, but get back at Jeff for stabbing him in the back.   Or, did he change his mind because the game has completely changed now?  He probably won't be the number one target after that tribal.    Who knows.      

But Jeff dug his own grave with his Penner paranoia and his vendetta against returning players.  He played his hand way too soon.   Skupin and Penner probably would have voted Pete out if it weren't for Jeff's words/actions.

post #293 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
It was great when Malcolm showed his idol then didn't get a single vote. Did him showing it change the way people decided to vote, or not? Its like the Tootsie Roll Tootsie pop, how many licks does it take to get to the center?

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #294 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
That was 2 very good episodes in a row in what had been a so-so season up until recently.

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
post #295 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

All New

Advanced Thread Search ...

Check it Out !!!

I tried it to see if there was a new Atlas Shrugged thread and it didn't even come up w/ the old one. Of course it could be cockpit error as I've never had much luck using the "Search" function.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #296 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I don't get why some are saying it's a crappy season. So far, I've like it much more than most seasons. And, I fully expect it to keep getting better.

At least we don't have;

1) Colton
2) Russell
3) Hantz Jr.
4) Albert
post #297 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

I don't get why some are saying it's a crappy season. So far, I've like it much more than most seasons. And, I fully expect it to keep getting better.
At least we don't have;
1) Colton
2) Russell
3) Hantz Jr.
4) Albert

Problem is..

We no longer have;

1) R.C.
2) Katie
3) Angie

biggrin.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #298 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Problem is..
We no longer have;
1) R.C.
2) Katie
3) Angie
biggrin.gif

1) Angie
2) Katie
3) RC

biggrin.gif
post #299 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

At least we don't have;
1) Colton
2) Russell
3) Hantz Jr.
4) Albert

Agree on Colton and Hantz Jr. Have already forgotten or can't place Albert, who the heck was that! Was he the "special agent"?

Honestly, the Russell seasons were by far the best since the very beginning. Nearly every vote was up in the air and could and normally did flip right before tribal.
post #300 of 586 Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It was funny that Kent figured out the taxes on a million dollars about five seconds after he wasn't going to receive said million dollars. Survivor boards are full of people wondering if that was the most bitter departing speech ever (other nominees are angry lonely Randy from Gabon and just-angry Judd from Guatemala). Who didn't Jeff want to get voted out before? Was it Penner? Oh yeah, Penner, the guy who won the immunity challenge. The editing foreshadowed that about six times and I still didn't see it coming.

Who was the stupidest player this week? Lisa for thinking that Pete would keep his mouth shut about Malcolm's idol (I guess she didn't have a choice)? Pete thinking that Malcolm's reaction was proof that he didn't have an idol? Abi whipping out her idol in tribal council for absolutely no good reason? Carter babbling in utter confusion telling Jeff that he thought they were planning on voting him out?

I liked Lisa attempting to play risky high-level Survivor by playing two alliances and trying to flush an idol. I also liked Malcolm being amused during the tribal council that "Texas girl" backstabbed him. He knows that they're playing a game and she made a valid strategic move.

The three tribe thing does seem to be working out after all. I would support them doing this again.

I like that they're having swimming challenges again after all these years of throwing coconuts at tiles.

I also like that they aren't providing a bottomless supply of hidden idols. Just put three in at the beginning of the game and let the players do what they want with them. Players tend to hang onto them for most of the game anyway these days.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page