AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Yeah Probst isn't going anywhere.
I think Abi just became so annoying that the others wanted her out no matter what. Could it also be that Scupin and Lisa saw Abi as competition for the "shoe-in" 2nd and 3rd people in the finals? Perhaps they are thinking that they will let Denise and Malcolm duke it out in 3 days and whoever is left will take the two of them. If it was Malcolm and the other three, he'd have to choose between Lisa, Abi, and Scupin. Meaning either Lisa or Scupin are out.
I liked Scupin's quote about how keeping Abi for 3 more days was worth $1 million. Yet their dancing on the way out of Tribal clearly showed where their heart was. I wonder what Abi's reaction was when she saw that last night for the first time.
Denise took a bite and venom and didn't even flinch in the competition. That's dedication, and we've seen it all season long. Her only problem is being cast as riding Malcolm's coat tails. Though the fact that she held on as her tribe disintegrated challenge after challenge does give her credibility.
I just hope Lisa doesn't win. I really enjoyed watching Scupin play in Australian Outback. If it wasn't for the stupid fire, he was in a great position to get to the end.

I myself don't see Denise riding Malcolm's coat tails .. she's been determined, hung in there, voiced an opinion once in a while, and, essentially been very, very consistent .. not a big Challenge winner, but she gives it everything she has each and every time .. the Jury may see it differently, but I think Malcolm is willing to take her to the end if given the opportunity and duke it out based on each others merits ..

I don't see a snowballs chance of Lisa winning ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I think that would be an awesome twist.   Everybody assumes that the finale will include at least one of Malcolm or Denise.  But suppose Malcolm wins the immunity challenge and decides to take out Denise (or vice-versa), obviously their toughest competition.   Then they think they are headed to the final only to find out that they have to fight for their life in a final immunity challenge.     I'm rooting for Malcolm but I think that would make for a more interesting finale.   

By voting out Abi, the players made it fairly clear that they leaned toward a competitor rather than an easy to beat finalist, IMO ..

I don't think Denise will turn on Malcolm .. but, Malcolm could turn on Denise ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #513 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ah, that would make more sense, if Penner was giving Abi the finger. Not sure why I saw it otherwise, but I have deleted it already.
post #514 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

Am I the only one thinking this is a final two this year and not a final three? Every other final three they go into the last episdoe with 5 people, this year. This year there are only 4 left and that usually results in a final two, with two tribal councils before the final one.

I wish they'd go back to the 2 person final 2. Think that makes the final challenge a lot better.

Wouldn't they wind up with an even amount of jury members though if they do that this year? That would open up the possibility of a tie.
post #515 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Did Probst even ask if anyone wanted to use their immunity idol? If so, I missed it. I wanted to see Abi's reaction and the eye rolls of everyone else!
post #516 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Did Probst even ask if anyone wanted to use their immunity idol? If so, I missed it. I wanted to see Abi's reaction and the eye rolls of everyone else!

Yes, he did.

After he asked, Lisa and Skupin both looked at Abi and then when she didn't produce one, Malcolm smiled.

post #517 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM

Liked: 15
Nice to see Abi gone but it looks like but it could have been a mistake to not kick out Skupin since he is probably a bigger threat to Malcolm in the final immunity.If Malcolm loses he is probably gone. He does want to get rid of Denise but at F4 not F5. I think the whole group didn't want Abi to get 3rd place money.
This is probably going to be an F3 since the preview didn't mention 2 IC's and it usually does if there is going to be a double elimination. Too bad, an F2 would be grand.
Lisa's secret scenes awhile back indicated she and Skupin wern't well liked and she previously was plotting to go with Pete and Abi because she thought she could beat them. Yet Abi goes home. Her strategy has been all over the place. I don't think she can win.
Denise might beat Skupin and Lisa but the vote split may give the edge to Skupin.
Malcom probably wins any F3 because he has been portrayed as being above most of the fray and seems well liked.
post #518 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post

Nice to see Abi gone but it looks like but it could have been a mistake to not kick out Skupin since he is probably a bigger threat to Malcolm in the final immunity.If Malcolm loses he is probably gone. He does want to get rid of Denise but at F4 not F5. I think the whole group didn't want Abi to get 3rd place money.
This is probably going to be an F3 since the preview didn't mention 2 IC's and it usually does if there is going to be a double elimination. Too bad, an F2 would be grand.
Lisa's secret scenes awhile back indicated she and Skupin wern't well liked and she previously was plotting to go with Pete and Abi because she thought she could beat them. Yet Abi goes home. Her strategy has been all over the place. I don't think she can win.
Denise might beat Skupin and Lisa but the vote split may give the edge to Skupin.
Malcom probably wins any F3 because he has been portrayed as being above most of the fray and seems well liked.

Based on previous seasons, I'd bet that Denise has a better shot at winning immunity than Skupin.   They'll probably stand on a pole for 4 hours.   If so, the advantage goes to the smallest, lightest, toughest person.    Denise fits that bill.    I'm really surprised that they didn't take out Denise when they had the chance.  I'm glad they didn't, but seemed like the obvious move for Lisa and Skupin.   I think that was their only shot at winning.  

post #519 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I can't believe Malcom decided to save his idol to display on his mom's mantle then to save his friend/alliance member. Really, you want to take it home for you? You will have enough collectibles from the island, why not use it to gurantee what he wanted to happen, actually happened.

post #520 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I can't believe Malcom decided to save his idol to display on his mom's mantle then to save his friend/alliance member. Really, you want to take it home for you? You will have enough collectibles from the island, why not use it to gurantee what he wanted to happen, actually happened.
It could be that he knew they were completely solid and didn't have to give it to Denise ,and since he wants to get rid of Denise she would have just gone sooner. I haven't watched secret scenes to see if there is any insight into last night's episode.
post #521 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

Based on previous seasons, I'd bet that Denise has a better shot at winning immunity than Skupin.   They'll probably stand on a pole for 4 hours.   If so, the advantage goes to the smallest, lightest, toughest person.    Denise fits that bill.    I'm really surprised that they didn't take out Denise when they had the chance.  I'm glad they didn't, but seemed like the obvious move for Lisa and Skupin.   I think that was their only shot at winning.  
You might be right,but it seems like lately final Ics have had some kind of climbing,jumping and puzzles. Ozzie lost to Sophie because she beat him in a puzzle.
What is interesting is if it is an F3 with one IC is there a reward challenge in there ?Two hours with one challenge and tribal seems like there might be a lot of Hobbit filler.
Lisa's strategy has been all over the place and editing hasn't shown too much of Mike's strategy,he remains a mystery.
post #522 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to need a solid hour long buffer to fast forward through all of the filler.   

post #523 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Well, I believe Jeff is Survivor .. I don't believe the show could have had a better host over the years .. I've watched "Top Shot" with Colby Donaldson and I don't think there is any comparison, although I think Colby tries to be like Jeff .. if my memory serves, Jeff was a mentor to Colby and they are good friends ..
Sometimes, a show Host becomes the icon of the show, which is what I think Jeff is at this point .. like Pat Sajak, Bob Barker, Alex Trebek ..
No matter what Jeff does, he will always and forever be associated with Survivor .. so, he might as well stay in it ..

I thought there was an industry-wide rule that all reality show host openings have to be filled by Ryan Seacrest. wink.gif
post #524 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I really enjoyed watching Scupin play in Australian Outback. If it wasn't for the stupid fire, he was in a great position to get to the end.

Other than the last few weeks, I'm surprised he's still around as he was drawing blood in every episode. And then his son manages to slide down a coconut palm tree. Ouch! eek.gif Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

By voting out Abi, the players made it fairly clear that they leaned toward a competitor rather than an easy to beat finalist, IMO ..
I don't think Denise will turn on Malcolm .. but, Malcolm could turn on Denise ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I can't believe Malcolm decided to save his idol to display on his mom's mantle then to save his friend/alliance member. Really, you want to take it home for you? You will have enough collectibles from the island, why not use it to guarantee what he wanted to happen, actually happened.

I agree, I don't think he would have minded if they took Denise out. In fact, she is his toughest competition in the challenges from here on out.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #525 of 586 Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I was kind of hoping that Malcolm would surreptitiously give his extra idol to Abi and then act surprised that she actually had an immunity idol at tribal.

It would have made a great blindside moment and Denise would be left wondering about what had happened.

But now that I think of it, I guess both Lisa and Denise have both seen Malcolm's idol, so the deception probably would have been instantly detected.
post #526 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I was kind of hoping that Malcolm would surreptitiously give his extra idol to Abi and then act surprised that she actually had an immunity idol at tribal.
It would have made a great blindside moment and Denise would be left wondering about what had happened.
But now that I think of it, I guess both Lisa and Denise have both seen Malcolm's idol, so the deception probably would have been instantly detected.

Not to mention the fact that Abi would have immediately blabbed on about it .. "Ha, I never had an Idol, but Malcolm gave me his .. "

Uncle Willie

post #527 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

Agree. Didn't get their logic. Let's keep Denise so there's less of a chance to get beat by Malcom in the final immunity challenge and then they can get rid of him. Well, that still leaves Denise, who would also probably beat either of them in the final vote. Seems like they would have been better off getting rid of Denise and then giving it their best shot to beat Malcom in the final immunity and then have neither of them their for the final tribal.
Also, some strange editing again. They showed on the reward Malcom initiating the conversation about getting rid of Denise. Yet, just before the tribal council, it looked like he wasn't considering anyone but Abi and it was Lisa and Scupin making the decision as to who would go.

I think Malcom's plan was always ONLY to get rid of Denise when they go to 3. If he dumped her early, he lost that jury vote.

For the rationale of Lisa and Skupin, I sort of see what they are saying in that they just needed to make sure that Malcolm is not in Final 3. I think Malcolm wins hands down and I honestly don't think Denise is a huge threat, not overly likeable. It was worth the risk to Lisa/Skupin that Denise was in the Final 3 just to make sure that Malcolm wasn't. Then again, it was probably based on not likely Abi.
post #528 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

Am I the only one thinking this is a final two this year and not a final three? Every other final three they go into the last episdoe with 5 people, this year. This year there are only 4 left and that usually results in a final two, with two tribal councils before the final one.

I hope it is a Final 3 and a 3-3-3 vote or a 4-4-1 vote. Really want the 3-3-3 if it would be a stalemate, that would be awesome, though I am sure someone would flip.
What would they do, fire challenge for a million smile.gif

If it is a 4-4-1, they would just make the person who was the 1 vote, vote over. But neither likely because they allow all of the Group think to take place at Ponderosa. Voted out people should be sequestered and not exchanging notes. Big mistake in Survivor IMO.
post #529 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Voted out people should be sequestered and not exchanging notes. Big mistake in Survivor IMO.
I don't see it as a mistake.

When playing the game, you know the people at Ponderosa are going to talk. Tailor your game play to that then.
post #530 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

I don't see it as a mistake.
When playing the game, you know the people at Ponderosa are going to talk. Tailor your game play to that then.

I suppose you could tailor your game play but it makes for a less interesting (and more predicatable) final tribal and vote. Too much group think.
post #531 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I suppose you could tailor your game play but it makes for a less interesting (and more predicatable) final tribal and vote. Too much group think.
Without the jury members discussing their camp experiences, each jury member would be casting his or her vote based upon a limited amount of first hand knowledge, for some ending many days before the final tribal council. I realize that some information is disclosed at each tribal council. However, without comparing notes, many brilliant or terrible plays by the contestants after the merge would not be known by most of those who are voting.
post #532 of 586 Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

Without the jury members discussing their camp experiences, each jury member would be casting his or her vote based upon a limited amount of first hand knowledge, for some ending many days before the final tribal council. I realize that some information is disclosed at each tribal council. However, without comparing notes, many brilliant or terrible plays by the contestants after the merge would not be known by most of those who are voting.

Myself, I think many jury members make their selection based on what that final question they are allowed to ask sounds like .. and whether the final contestants tell the truth and are straight forward ..

Uncle Willie

post #533 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 11:01 AM

I don't think Ponderosa has that big of an impact on jury decisions but that is a matter of debate of course. Any predictions for tonight? I am going to guess Skupin defies returnees odds and wins. Anything but a Lisa win would be fine.
post #534 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Rooting for Malcolm or Denise but will be satisfied with any of the final four...
post #535 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 40
OK guys, Just a few hours to go! I'm calling it Lisa's money, if something does not change. Very concerned over 4 being left. Like other po I feel it may be a surprise final 2. They never did announce the change to 3 finalists, so could very well be. Take into account one med evac, and we'll see!
Lisa! Go for it!!
post #536 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 40
OK just left suvivor fever site, 7-SEVEN are on jury now! 4 left! it takes 9 to have a jury. Am I wrong?
post #537 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Steelers-Cowboys game went over ~30 min. eek.gif DVR alert.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #538 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Liked: 12
60 minutes is suppose to be an abbreviated version.
post #539 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM

Liked: 12
8:38 start time
post #540 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

It will be later than that - they are joining the President in Connecticut.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page