Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Saw that and just extended record session by 1.5 hours. rolleyes.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is going to start really late. Are they going back to the 60 minutes after the President?

Any chance they don't show it at all tonight? Is the live show actually live still or is that prerecorded?

I don't think they can't air it on the West coast and not in the East.
post #543 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

It's on, let the games begin. smile.gif

post #544 of 586 Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Biggest shocker ever! Biggest jerk moment as well (Penner outing Lisa)!! Great season but I'm still floored by tonight's events!
post #545 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Juries are either real bitchy or real nice. This one was real bitchy. It's unfortunate, really. Jeff just kept passing them on with little to no emotion on his face.

I was shocked at how Penner built the three up and then cut each one down.

I was not shocked at the vote. I was shocked that according to Jeff's poll at the reunion, even if Malcolm was still in, Denise would have still won.

Loved the moment when Jeff got kissed by ____. His save was hilarious - "she doesn't kiss as well as my WIFE!"

Next season - Fans vs Favorites?! Again?! Last time, the fans had no chance in hell. Maybe if Malcolm is in the Fans tribe they'll have a chance. Plus there's no ozzy, amanda, parvati, james...
post #546 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbWillie View Post

Biggest shocker ever! Biggest jerk moment as well (Penner outing Lisa)!! Great season but I'm still floored by tonight's events!
Unless there was something after the first 20 minutes of the reunion show, I'm not sure what was so shocking.

I think the vast majority of people expected either Malcom or Denise to win. It was looking that way for a few weeks now.
post #547 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 547
IMO, not that entertaining an ending for this season .. Lisa winning Fan Fav was a let down for me .. I still don't see that she played any kind of real game ..

Skupin took it like a man .. I think he honestly believed he had it in the bag ..

Another Fans vs Fav's .. meh ..

Thanks to all of you that posted this season .. see you next time ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #548 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

Unless there was something after the first 20 minutes of the reunion show, I'm not sure what was so shocking.
I think the vast majority of people expected either Malcom or Denise to win. It was looking that way for a few weeks now.

Agreed. For me that was one of the least exciting finals ever. Denise over Lisa and whats-his-face was no surprise to me.

I don't see Peneer outing Lisa was any kind of a big deal. Lisa wouldn't have won anyway.
post #549 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Juries are either real bitchy or real nice. This one was real bitchy. It's unfortunate, really. Jeff just kept passing them on with little to no emotion on his face.
I was shocked at how Penner built the three up and then cut each one down.
I was not shocked at the vote. I was shocked that according to Jeff's poll at the reunion, even if Malcolm was still in, Denise would have still won.
Loved the moment when Jeff got kissed by ____. His save was hilarious - "she doesn't kiss as well as my WIFE!"
Next season - Fans vs Favorites?! Again?! Last time, the fans had no chance in hell. Maybe if Malcolm is in the Fans tribe they'll have a chance. Plus there's no ozzy, amanda, parvati, james...

Agreed on all except the vote. I really thought Skupin had this one in the bag.
I think my biggest surprise is that Abi actually voted for Denise as well. The one woman who she really despised. Glad to see Abi at the reunion show finally saw how bad she was and admitted it. Although, could you imagine the fireworks at camp if Abi and Alicia from last season were on the same tribe and didn't get along? Talk about a catfight. biggrin.gif

I was LMAO when Dawson just ran at Probst to kiss him. I knew they would bring up her creepy exit in the game, but I never expected that.

Personally, I'm annoyed at next season already. I'm getting sick of them constantly needing to bring back returning players. Are they that afraid they won't get their precious ratings without them? I swear, if there is a Hantz or they bring back that douche Colton, I refuse to watch. After those, I will have to see the returning cast to see if any others that I hated are on before I decide if I'm in.

Now, speaking of next season, let's play a little game. Assuming there will be 10 returning players like the other Fans vs Favorites, who would you like to see?
Only limitations are they can't be brought back for the 3rd time and there have to be 5 men and 5 women.

Unfortunately, I didn't watch Redemption Island or South Pacific, so I don't have any reference on those people. Aside from that, I personally would go with this:
Danni (Guatemala)
Kim (One World)
Natalie (Micronesia: FvF)
Natalie (Samoa) - Just because she beat Russell and made him look like a fool biggrin.gif
Shambo (Samoa)
Fabio (Nicaragua)
Malcolm (Phillippines)
Terry (Panama)
Troyzan (One World)
Yul (Cook Islands)
post #550 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I thought Skupin had it also, he and Malcolm had won challenges where Denise & Lisa had not... but Denise was a slick speaker. As for the list above only one will be in the next one according to sources.
post #551 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

IMO, not that entertaining an ending for this season ....

no it wasn't; not at all. bring on next season.
post #552 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I think my biggest surprise is that Abi actually voted for Denise as well. The one woman who she really despised. Glad to see Abi at the reunion show finally saw how bad she was and admitted it. 

Abi voted for Denise because she wanted to say "I TOLD YOU SO" to Skupin and Lisa.    If Skupin or Lisa wanted any shot at actually winning the 1 mil, they should have kept her.  

Malcolm summed it up quite nicely at the reunion ... he pulled a Penner.   When Denise came up to him at the well, he should have immediately made a pact with her, whether he expected to honor it or not.   He played such a good game but then made that huge mistake.    I was surprised that he had so much venom for Denise in the final tribal considering he turned down that alliance once they hit the Final 4.   What did he expect her to do?

Overall that jury was way over the top with their bitterness.  I'm guessing a lot of them felt pretty foolish after watching this season from home ... especially people like Pete and Abi (at leas she admitted it).    Even today, I'm still not sure if Pete understands how stupid he was when Lisa told him about Malcolm's idol and suggested a blindside.    All he had to do was listen to her and this game could have been very different.

I thought Denise played a very solid game and deserved it most out of the remaining 3.    I was very annoyed by the amount of time Probst spent on Lisa during the reunion.   They already spent enough time on her during the season ... enough already!   They barely even talked to Abi, Penner, Skupin, etc.  

post #553 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Now, speaking of next season, let's play a little game. Assuming there will be 10 returning players like the other Fans vs Favorites, who would you like to see?
Only limitations are they can't be brought back for the 3rd time and there have to be 5 men and 5 women.
Unfortunately, I didn't watch Redemption Island or South Pacific, so I don't have any reference on those people. Aside from that, I personally would go with this:
Danni (Guatemala)
Kim (One World)
Natalie (Micronesia: FvF)
Natalie (Samoa) - Just because she beat Russell and made him look like a fool biggrin.gif
Shambo (Samoa)
Fabio (Nicaragua)
Malcolm (Phillippines)
Terry (Panama)
Troyzan (One World)
Yul (Cook Islands)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post

As for the list above only one will be in the next one according to sources.

After I posted this, I saw the list of speculated players.
I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed. rolleyes.gif
post #554 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Agreed. For me that was one of the least exciting finals ever. Denise over Lisa and whats-his-face was no surprise to me.

This was the best in a long time. Compare this to last season with Kim sitting between a couple of airheads, the season before with Sophie sitting next to Coach the Goat and some inarticulate guy, and the season before that with Boston Rob sitting between a woman picked by Rob because she was not going to win and a raving psychopath who screamed angry responses back at the jury.

Quote:
I don't see Peneer outing Lisa was any kind of a big deal. Lisa wouldn't have won anyway.

Penner had nothing to gain from outing her. He was just bitter that a more famous actor had beat him in a game he has played three times and he wasn't going to get another chance. Lisa brilliantly shoved it back in his face and his "bathroom" response to that was him agreeing that what everyone had done twenty years ago was irrelevant.

Malcolm screwed up and lost.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #555 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

It seemed a little strange when Probst asked Malcolm, and only Malcolm,  if he'd ever play again.   I'm guessing he already did and he's in Fans vs. Favs

post #556 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I thought Denise played a very solid game and deserved it most out of the remaining 3.    I was very annoyed by the amount of time Probst spent on Lisa during the reunion.   They already spent enough time on her during the season ... enough already!   They barely even talked to Abi, Penner, Skupin, etc.  

Agree completely .. The reunion was the Lisa show .. I'm not against religion, however, the preaching was just not needed and seemed somehow inappropriate to me anyway .. someone should have said "Can I get a halleluya" .. the bit about "I can be bad and God's OK with that .." ?? I'm sure she'll now hit the motivational speech circuit ..

And Penner outing Lisa at the final vote .. ?? No one else knew who she was .. ??

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #557 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Abi voted for Denise because she wanted to say "I TOLD YOU SO" to Skupin and Lisa.    If Skupin or Lisa wanted any shot at actually winning the 1 mil, they should have kept her.  

Malcolm summed it up quite nicely at the reunion ... he pulled a Penner.   When Denise came up to him at the well, he should have immediately made a pact with her, whether he expected to honor it or not.   He played such a good game but then made that huge mistake.    I was surprised that he had so much venom for Denise in the final tribal considering he turned down that alliance once they hit the Final 4.   What did he expect her to do?

Overall that jury was way over the top with their bitterness.  I'm guessing a lot of them felt pretty foolish after watching this season from home ... especially people like Pete and Abi (at leas she admitted it).    Even today, I'm still not sure if Pete understands how stupid he was when Lisa told him about Malcolm's idol and suggested a blindside.    All he had to do was listen to her and this game could have been very different.

I agree, Lisa and Skupin shoud have kept Abi and gotten rid of Malcom and Denise. I know that Abi was a very difficult person to keep around you but for a chance at the million dollars it would have been worth it. Abi was dead right in saying that neither Skupin or Lisa could win against either Malcom or Denise. I think Lisa didn't thnk she could win regardless and I think Skupin though he could win against any of them. As for as Skupin, I think he under estimated the jury's desire to not have a returning player win. With what we know now I really think Lisa would have won if the final had been Lisa, Skupin, and Abi.

barry
post #558 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

A few responses - I think Malcolm's response was to some of the Denise's rub-it-in-your-face approach to Malcolm at both Malcolm's vote out and again the jury speeches. She would say, "sorry, i outplayed you". Perhaps some truth in this but from Malcolm's standpoint, she got through based on perception of being weaker.

I didn't think the jury was over the top in bitterness. There was some bitterness but similar to 80% of the final tribals. Maybe 20%, they are nice. I actually enjoyed Penner's attempt to make it interesting and put them on their heels.

I haven't watched the Reunion and I really don't know if I can put up with a continued overdose of Lisa. That was my fear leading up that she would get a lion's share of time about the emotional gooblygook journey she made that they already covered ad nasuem each episode.
post #559 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

And I also think this season, really like any other, just shows the randomness and luck involved in Survivor.

Did Lisa or Skupin really play a better game than everyone other than Denise to make it to the end? Or was it a lot of circumstance like on the Jeff Kent vote when Skupin was a goner. Skupin had nothing to do with staying in the game. It was just good fortune and happens every season. Right place, right time.

I think as viewers, we tend to place too much significance that those who made the finals must have played the best game. They had the best results but that is not exactly the same argument IMO. Some correlation between the two obviously but not as much as we'd probably like.
post #560 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

After I posted this, I saw the list of speculated players.
I have to say I'm quite underwhelmed. rolleyes.gif

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler alert (??), just SPECULATION though
Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites
• Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
• Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
• Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
• Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
• Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
• John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
• Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
• Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
• Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines

Probably my memory, but I have to look up several to remember who they are. Brandon Hantz, that is terrible, his mini-breakdowns were on par with Lisa's.
Between that and the casting of Special Agent Phil and Cochran, they are saying they just want out-there contestants.
post #561 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I think as viewers, we tend to place too much significance that those who made the finals must have played the best game. They had the best results but that is not exactly the same argument IMO. Some correlation between the two obviously but not as much as we'd probably like.

This is a great observation .. Outwit / Outlast / Outplay .. I'll give Denise props for the win .. however, I don't think she was the best player .. She rarely controlled the game, if ever, but made the right alliances and just kept on fighting and working hard. I think she was someone easy to like around camp and she was a hard worker and a real challenge competitor. She seemed a little smug at the final and her background as a therapist did not hurt .. once you get to the final, anyone can make an argument for being the best player .. by the very nature of being at the final .. that does not, however, make it so .. the Outlast criteria may be met, but there is still Outplay and Outwit .. and Outwit in many cases is pure luck ..

post #562 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A few responses - I think Malcolm's response was to some of the Denise's rub-it-in-your-face approach to Malcolm at both Malcolm's vote out and again the jury speeches. She would say, "sorry, i outplayed you". Perhaps some truth in this but from Malcolm's standpoint, she got through based on perception of being weaker.

OK, I can definitely see that.  Denise was super cocky in that final tribal.   Apparently that didn't matter to the jury, but for a moment there, I thought she may have shot herself in the foot.  She certainly didn't outplay Malcolm, she was just perceived as weaker and easier to beat.    That just proves how Skupin and Lisa's strategy at the Final 5 was so stupid.   Skupin won't admit it, but Lisa might.  That Final 5 vote was basically a vote to ensure a Top 3 finish with no chance of winning the game.   

Quote:

And I also think this season, really like any other, just shows the randomness and luck involved in Survivor.
Did Lisa or Skupin really play a better game than everyone other than Denise to make it to the end? Or was it a lot of circumstance like on the Jeff Kent vote when Skupin was a goner. Skupin had nothing to do with staying in the game. It was just good fortune and happens every season. Right place, right time.

I agree.  Lisa/Skupin didn't play a better game than everyone else.   They were very fortunate to end up where they were.   However, many contestants EARNED their exit.   At the very least, you can give them credit for not doing anything really stupid to get voted off.   Lisa showed some good resiliency by saving her butt after Pete ruined a perfectly good plan to blindside Malcolm.   Most of the jury didn't need bad luck to get voted off ...

Jeff Kent - Seemingly illogical vendetta against Penner

Pete -   Incredibly stupid move after Lisa tells him Malcolm has the idol.   Overall, way too cocky and kind of a jackass

Penner-  Stupid move not committing to the Final 4 alliance "Let's wait and see"

Abi -   Incredibly rude, annoying, mean, cruel, etc. 

Malcolm - Same mistake as Penner, no commitment to Denise (probably wouldn't have saved him, but still)

RC - I suppose you could say that she had some really bad luck by allying with Abi early on, but that was a seriously bad judgement call on her part

I think the only two jury members who didn't really make any bad moves but still got voted off were Artis and Spicoli (Carter).   But then its not like they really deserved to stick around based on any strategic moves they made.  Malcolm did have some seriously bad luck with that final immunity challenge.   

Overall I thought it was one of the most solid Final 3's in memory.  I personally would have loved to see Malcolm and Penner make it to the end, but they earned their exits.  

post #563 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Some posts back, I mentioned Malcolm's not picking Denise for the relative visit as well as a food challenge .. the reply posts were pretty much "He has Denise in the bag, why worry .. ??"

So now, in retrospect, I'm wondering if Malcolm had shown Denise a little love, we may have seen a tie vote at the final ..

post #564 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

MAn, I hope Erik and Brandon are not coming back....
post #565 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

This is a great observation .. Outwit / Outlast / Outplay .. I'll give Denise props for the win .. however, I don't think she was the best player .. She rarely controlled the game, if ever, but made the right alliances and just kept on fighting and working hard.

I don't think someone has to control the game to win any more. Malcolm showed it's more important to make the right decisions.

Imagine if the "reward" had actually resulted in Malcolm winning immunity. That could have knocked Denise off the FTC3 and won him a million dollars! That would have been the most controversial ending to any season of Survivor. Right now people would be saying that Malcolm would have won it anyway because Denise surely would have gotten voted off even if Malcolm hadn't won immunity.

post #566 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Some posts back, I mentioned Malcolm's not picking Denise for the relative visit as well as a food challenge .. the reply posts were pretty much "He has Denise in the bag, why worry .. ??"
So now, in retrospect, I'm wondering if Malcolm had shown Denise a little love, we may have seen a tie vote at the final ..

More important is that Malcolm didn't give her his hidden immunity idol after he had won an immunity challenge. This was the last TC that he could have cashed it in but he decided to keep it and let her possibly get voted off. He said he'd rather keep the thing as a souvenir. At that point their alliance was officially over and Denise was free to ally with the people who voted him off. She even gave him one more chance and he wouldn't take it. I guess that's how you graduate from Dartmouth and end up a bartender.

Reward Challenges aren't that big of a deal if your allies understand. In past seasons winners have taken all of their allies on trips which has left their enemies back at camp to plot their demise. That's exactly how Sandra won a season by quickly forming a new counter-alliance. It's best to leave an ally behind to keep an ear open to what's going on.

post #567 of 586 Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Bet he still caught an earful both times.
Quote:

Thanks to all of you that posted this season .. see you next time ..

You're welcome.

Got the thread up for the next season? I forgot to write down the place and don't have a clue where it is.
Quote:

Agree completely .. The reunion was the Lisa show .. I'm not against religion, however, the preaching was just not needed and seemed somehow inappropriate to me anyway .. someone should have said "Can I get a halleluya" .. the bit about "I can be bad and God's OK with that .." ?? I'm sure she'll now hit the motivational speech circuit ..
And Penner outing Lisa at the final vote .. ?? No one else knew who she was .. ??

I still don't know who she was. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

More important is that Malcolm didn't give her his hidden immunity idol after he had won an immunity challenge. This was the last TC that he could have cashed it in but he decided to keep it and let her possibly get voted off. He said he'd rather keep the thing as a souvenir.

Now he can put a $1,000,000 price tag on his souvenir. eek.gif

post #568 of 586 Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

It seemed a little strange when Probst asked Malcolm, and only Malcolm,  if he'd ever play again.   I'm guessing he already did and he's in Fans vs. Favs

I doubt it....haven't they already started/still filming F vs F?
post #569 of 586 Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

The only other one that admitted to knowing who she was was Skupin (Skoopin - LOL) although Jeff should be old enough to remember Blair.
post #570 of 586 Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

I noticed on the teaser for fans vs. favorites, at the end they showed a few very quick stills of some favorites, clearly saw Russell Hantz and Cirie and am I forgetting the 3rd I saw but it was a pretty memorable player (but I guess not memorable enough, ha).

Do we take these to be part of the favorites for this coming season? Or was it not relly intended to show they are part of the upcoming show? If so, that seems deceiving and unnecessary. Thoughts?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page