AVS Forum banner

Survivor : Phillippines in HD September 19 CBS

26K views 585 replies 62 participants last post by  33idolfinder 
#1 ·
#477 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/450#post_22674842

My expectations are too high I guess.

And I don't think it is rigged. It's a proven accepted and welcomed fact for most people here.

No. Most people here don't think it is rigged. It seems from posts here, only you do.

Do things get redone by production? Of course. Not "rigging."

Do things get edited to pump the tension? OF COURSE! IT's a TV show, not a game. Again, NOT "RIGGING."

My suspicion is that you have an ax to grind, since this show is virtually the only thing you talk about here. And you don't seem to like it.

This show is no more "rigged" than "Jeopardy", or "The Price is Right." I wish you would just drop it.

#478 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22674902

No. Most people here don't think it is rigged. It seems from posts here, only you do.

Do things get edited to pump the tension? OF COURSE! IT's a TV show, not a game. Again, NOT "RIGGING."

My suspicion is that you have an ax to grind, since this show is virtually the only thing you talk about here. And you don't seem to like it.

This show is no more "rigged" than "Jeopardy", or "The Price is Right." I wish you would just drop it.
+1

#480 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22674902

You are wrong!

I LOVE the show!

I only watch TAR (because I like traveling) and survivor.

I love the outdoors, the wild life, the fight with the elements, the sport games, the mind games..... I can go on and on.

But I also love it to be really real. If I don't notice the editing I don't care, but after "heroes vs villains", it became too big to ignore.

But I still love it so, I just have to suck it up and forget about it. And stop writing about it, obviously.

#482 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22675361

You are wrong!

I LOVE the show!

I love the outdoors, the wild life, the fight with the elements, the sport games, the mind games..... I can go on and on.

But I also love it to be really real. If I don't notice the editing I don't care, but after "heroes vs villains", it became too big to ignore.

But I still love it so, I just have to suck it up and forget about it. And stop writing about it, obviously.
You don't have to stop posting just be more specicfic about your objections. The post I quoted you on seemed to indicate you thought there was rigging going on.

If you don't like the editing thtas a legitimate complaint just state what you don't like about it so others understand what you are talking about.

As far as this season the editing has been decent up until the mini Lisa dramas that are sucking up air time.

The season still has much to like, there are potential winners left with nothing clear cut at all as to the outcome.

An F2 would be great and we could see some decent drama if the pairs break up.

There are two potential winners that came from a decimated tribe so that makes this season really good in my book.

It is hard to say whether Lisa is just now playing since she is an actress and some of what she has done could be part of her hiding her game,but I agree with the other posters and I'm tired of her.

#483 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22675361

You are wrong!

I LOVE the show!

Threads in the Programming section of AVS are built around diverse opinions ... your comments are as valid as anyone elses ..

#485 ·
24/7 Survivor would be:

8 hours of sleeping

4 hours of makeup

3 hours of bitching about being stuck with nothing to do

.5 hours of challenge

1.5 hours bitching about how much the challenge sucked

2 hours of sitting around with nothing to do

4 hours of preparing and eating food

1 hour of interviews

No, thanks!

Reactions: Hughmc
#486 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22676542

I hate editing, so I would love the idea of a 24/7 Survivor channel.

Producers love editing, so they would probably hate that idea.

What about you?

Big Brothers feed is boring ... Survivor would likely be as well ...

#487 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22676542

I hate editing, so I would love the idea of a 24/7 Survivor channel.

Producers love editing, so they would probably hate that idea.

What about you?
I'd watch it, but unlike BB have it 3 nights a week to keep up with the show and unlike BB show the setup & practice teams for the challenges and then the whole tribal & then the show up at Ponderosa of the snuffie...

#488 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22676890

I'd watch it, but unlike BB have it 3 nights a week to keep up with the show and unlike BB show the setup & practice teams for the challenges and then the whole tribal & then the show up at Ponderosa of the snuffie...
Huh? "What chew talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
Snuffie???

#490 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/450#post_22669657

I was surprised Malcolm did not pick Denise and her man for the overnight stay .. after all, she's been with Malcolm since Day 1 .. I guess he figures her alliance is in the bag ..

And Lisa turning on Malcolm even though he picked her brother to stay was revealing ..

I can't seem to figure out if Malcolm is playing a strategy or just being himself .. at any rate, the two players left from the original tribe that quickly went down the tubes initially is a testament to their tenacity .. I'd say if Malcolm and Denise make it to the final, it will be a tough choice for the jury ..

Denise is like a pitbull .. she really is physically fit and is like the Energizer Bunny .. just going and going and going ..

Denise was the least likely to flip on him, as shown minutes later when Michael and Lisa planned to blindside him. And if Malcolm or Denise win the final challenge they will have to send one of them home. He might as well gain favor with a possible jury member.

#493 ·
Big but is gone! Yeah! Funny how she even acknowledged herself that she has a big but.

If anyone is interested, the Jeff Probst talk show on Wed. had all 5 final contestants on for the full hour. It was actually pretty interesting. The questions from the audience was pretty good and things I always wondered too. You might be able to catch it on demand or something if you missed it.

#495 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22697717

butt
BUTT

Eye miss it already . . .

#498 ·
That was an interesting decision. Usually, the loud mouths who make it this far are a shoo-in for being brought to the finals. I wonder if Abi's final insults changed Lisa and Skupin's minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22697630

If anyone is interested, the Jeff Probst talk show on Wed. had all 5 final contestants on for the full hour. It was actually pretty interesting. The questions from the audience was pretty good and things I always wondered too. You might be able to catch it on demand or something if you missed it.

I meant to comment on this at the beginning of the season. Does anyone else think that maybe Probst's time on Survivor is coming to a close? Between having a daily talk show now and on top of that it being on a rival network, it seems like the writing is on the wall. How will he even have the time?

I know there were rumors a while back of him leaving and possibly being replaced by Colby Donaldson, but that never materialized. Now, it seems like it may in fact be happening.

#499 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22698270

i think lisa and skupin made a mistake not voting out denise. bringing abi with them to the final 3 was their best chance of winning.
Agree. Didn't get their logic. Let's keep Denise so there's less of a chance to get beat by Malcom in the final immunity challenge and then they can get rid of him. Well, that still leaves Denise, who would also probably beat either of them in the final vote. Seems like they would have been better off getting rid of Denise and then giving it their best shot to beat Malcom in the final immunity and then have neither of them their for the final tribal.

Also, some strange editing again. They showed on the reward Malcom initiating the conversation about getting rid of Denise. Yet, just before the tribal council, it looked like he wasn't considering anyone but Abi and it was Lisa and Scupin making the decision as to who would go.

#500 ·
Well .. IMO what we have left is :

Skupin .. a nice enough guy, never made any real moves that I can remember .. lucky to still be in it .. some Jury members may like him .. longshot to win

Lisa .. keeps talking about making a big move, playing Mom it seems like, very lucky to still be in it .. unless there is a praying challenge unlikely to win an immunity .. I don't have a feeling of the Jury take on her but it's going to be difficult for her to argue for voting her way .. unless some hidden "big move" miraculously materializes ..

Denise .. pitbull, throws it all out there, has not really pissed anyone off except Abi, good talker, Jury likes her

Malcolm .. pulling out all the stops challenge wise, has maintained a steady hand, has not pissed anyone off that I've seen .. game play almost seems effortless ..

Malcolm IMO would win against anyone but Denise .. if it's Malcolm & Denise in the final, it will come down to just how good a case for overall play can be made ..

Sunday, I'm guessing Lisa will go, Skupin will stay as the goat ..

Malcolm as the likely winner ..

#501 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp  /t/1423031/survivor-phillippines-in-hd-september-19-cbs/480#post_22698323

I meant to comment on this at the beginning of the season. Does anyone else think that maybe Probst's time on Survivor is coming to a close? Between having a daily talk show now and on top of that it being on a rival network, it seems like the writing is on the wall. How will he even have the time?

I know there were rumors a while back of him leaving and possibly being replaced by Colby Donaldson, but that never materialized. Now, it seems like it may in fact be happening.

Well, I believe Jeff is Survivor .. I don't believe the show could have had a better host over the years .. I've watched "Top Shot" with Colby Donaldson and I don't think there is any comparison, although I think Colby tries to be like Jeff .. if my memory serves, Jeff was a mentor to Colby and they are good friends ..

Sometimes, a show Host becomes the icon of the show, which is what I think Jeff is at this point .. like Pat Sajak, Bob Barker, Alex Trebek ..

No matter what Jeff does, he will always and forever be associated with Survivor .. so, he might as well stay in it ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.