The Voice Season 3, September 10, 2012 NBC HD - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I just hope she at least makes it past the first round of cuts (Battle Rounds) unlike my fave hottie last season Angie.

Yeah, I know there is that coaches save, but seeing as no one but Ceelo turned around for her, I don't have much faith that any of the other three would take her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I don't know if it's just Ceelo acting, but there were a few times he seemed legitimately pissed off. For being the most laid back of the four he honestly looked annoyed at certain times. Especially when Adam went to give him a fist bump and Ceelo didn't even acknowledge him.

I think so too .. he's not quite on his game as well as he was Season 1 and 2 .. and I don't know if I care for the pink bird .. bring back the cat ..

Although, CeeLo has scored Trevin Hunte, and he did seem to be one of the best so far .. if there is a Xavier Colon this season, this kid may be it ..

I wonder if CeeLo feels like he's being a bit overshadowed by the rest .. and he may still feel a little sting from having Juliet be the runner up last season .. especially when Blake
keeps reminding everyone that Jermaine won last season ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Apparently at least two judges are not going to be back for The Voice in the spring, with the report that Shakira and Usher are close to signing deals. This also seems to confirm that the show is not just moving to the fall, but rather is now on a twice a year cycle, just like Survivor. As if the pool of contestants wasn't watered down enough already...
Old 09-17-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

Apparently at least two judges are not going to be back for The Voice in the spring, with the report that Shakira and Usher are close to signing deals. This also seems to confirm that the show is not just moving to the fall, but rather is now on a twice a year cycle, just like Survivor. As if the pool of contestants wasn't watered down enough already...

linky .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

linky .. ??
Blake Shelton for sure has said that he wants to have time to do touring, etc., and a full year of "The Voice" won't allow that. But he and Adam will be back for Season 4, at least.

Also, US Magazine is reporting that Christina and Ceelo won't be back for Season 4.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Christina and Ceelo out. Shakira and Usher in. As for going to twice a year and talent being watered down - LOL. There's thousands upon thousands of quality singers in the country. There's never an end to talent.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/09/the-voice-taps-usher-and-shakira-as-coaches-cee-lo-and-christina-aguilera-to-exit.html

Cee-Lo says he will be back for Season 5. Usher and Shakira to step in for Christina and Cee-Lo in Season 4.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Finally got caught up. I find myself really loving the first part of this show when they turn the chair and the auditions, but once that is over, I really start to loose interest fast and I am not sure why. So while they are doing the auditions, I am really hooked and was surprised a lot of the singers sounded really good this year.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Blake Shelton for sure has said that he wants to have time to do touring, etc., and a full year of "The Voice" won't allow that. But he and Adam will be back for Season 4, at least.
Also, US Magazine is reporting that Christina and Ceelo won't be back for Season 4.

I believe the current panel has a degree of chemistry that's going to be tough to replicate .. much of that chemistry comes from the time they spend together with the show, their familiarity with each other, the fact that they made the show what it is .. etc ..

I hate to see any of them go, but in Blakes interview link, I know he's right .. you can't maintain a tour schedule, promote new music and make your fans happy if your doing 2 seasons a year .. in fact, not touring will eventually erode your fan base, thus actually hurting the Voice as well ..

It's a little early to guess, but CeeLos team IMO is the strongest so far ..

Uncle Willie

Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I was gonna play a guessing game until I saw the answer.

Anyway, my guess was going to be that Shakira and Christina basically would cover a similar market (female pop), so I could see Shakira replacing her. I was torn as to who Usher would replace. It wouldn't be Blake because they are vastly different and they need the country market. That left Adam and Ceelo. I was leaning towards Adam because he seems to be branching off with acting in American Horror Story so he might be apt to leave. Guess I was going to be 1 for 2 on my guesses. biggrin.gif
Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Finally got caught up. I find myself really loving the first part of this show when they turn the chair and the auditions, but once that is over, I really start to loose interest fast and I am not sure why. So while they are doing the auditions, I am really hooked and was surprised a lot of the singers sounded really good this year.

Probably because phase 2 of the process is so awful. They claim to have heard the complaints and have modified it, but we won't know until we see it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
When I watch these blind audition rounds I can't help but wonder if each judge secretly has a "spotter" out in the audience giving them advice on whether to turn around or not (I know I would). It would be so easy just to have an simple signal, like taking a baseball hat off, to clue the judge spin around. Obviously for the bad singers, or the truly gifted this wouldn't be necessary, but for those tough choices --- look for the guy with the hat....is it off or on?! smile.gif
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 112
What, cheating on a reality show? I'm shocked. absolutely shocked!! Oh, wait... that was an old movie I was thinking of.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Unless I watch it online I'm going to miss most of Tuesday's show because a huge storm rolled in last night. As for Monday's show though, I just want to say I wish I was in between the hug of Christina and that chick from Beat Frequency. Talk about a boob sandwich. biggrin.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Unless I watch it online I'm going to miss most of Tuesday's show because a huge storm rolled in last night. As for Monday's show though, I just want to say I wish I was in between the hug of Christina and that chick from Beat Frequency. Talk about a boob sandwich. biggrin.gif

I have to say I was not that impressed with Beat Frequency .. although she is a good looking woman ..

Uncle Willie

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

2 more really enjoyable episodes this week.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I have to say I was not that impressed with Beat Frequency .. although she is a good looking woman ..

I agree, they weren't very good. She is definitely more of a looker than a singer.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/19/showbiz/tv/nbc-fall-tv-winning-ew/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

Uncle Willie

Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

2 more really enjoyable episodes this week.

The show was the highest rated non-sports broadcast among all networks last week, and grew by more than 10% in the ratings this week. The Voice posted a season high rating of 5.0 (18-49) with 14.105 million viewers at 9:30-10 Monday. Even though it will face stronger competition in the coming weeks (depending on which Monday Night Football teams are playing), bringing The Voice back for a fall season can only be seen as a huge success so far.

Sorry to the haters who so desperately wanted it to fail. mad.gif
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I've really enjoyed the show this year. It looks like all of the turmoil amongst the coaches has evaporated and the chemistry, for the most part, has been spot on. Blake and Adam have become two of the funniest guys on TV and are consistently entertaining. Blake with his CMA Award trophy, whether it was scripted or not, was hilarious. Xtina has been relatively sedate and Celo just doesn't seem too into it at times. His sales pitches to some of the singers have been pretty low key.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think I'll miss Ceelo. He's too passive during the team-building stage. He shines when it comes time to perform though. Maybe have him come back as a guest performer and get someone with more charisma for the actual show. I don't know Usher, but I assume he's better.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Liked: 11
OMG! Shakira & Usher will join the next 2 season? Well, time to come some wild singers.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Didn't I hear on TV this morning that Shakira is pregnant? Guess I just answered my own question:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/shakira-pregnant-star-confirms-expecting-child-boyfriend-gerard-pique-article-1.1163179
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I missed last night's episode. Was it a repeat?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I missed last night's episode. Was it a repeat?

Yeah, it was the 2nd blind auditions from 9/11. I was hoping it was a repeat of Tuesday's show as my satellite went out during that broadcast.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks. Guess my PVR isn't malfunctioning after all!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

The Voice continues to spank the **** out of X Factor in the ratings. X Factor with 9 million viewers last night, Voice had 13.5 million the prior night with the Voice growing in viewers week-over-week whereas X Factor pretty much standing still.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Tried to watch X-Factor last night. It is a horrible show.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

Tried to watch X-Factor last night. It is a horrible show.

Yeah, it's incredibly bad. I get the feeling they're not even trying anymore. They shelled out all that money for Britney and quickly realized she's a personality-less dunce.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM

Liked: 11
Does Demi Lovato can only evaluate somebody with "You're so adorable", "you're so cut", "I love you", balalalala...