The Voice Season 3, September 10, 2012 NBC HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 489 Old 09-21-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 653
CeeLo continues to pick up some great singers .. I'm beginning to think he has a strong shot at the win this year ..

Video is a little stale, but worth a watch ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 489 Old 09-21-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

This kid is so good with so much potential ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #93 of 489 Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

This kid is so good with so much potential ..
Wow...what's problem with you Adam! BTW, I saw so many people sung "Listen" in many shows, but few people tried "Halo". WHY?
post #94 of 489 Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
That dude was great, but I get why Adam didn't turn. He's not a fan of singers that add a bunch of vocal gymnastics into songs (like Christina does). I remember he got frustrated quite often with Javier when he would do it.
post #95 of 489 Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

That dude was great, but I get why Adam didn't turn. He's not a fan of singers that add a bunch of vocal gymnastics into songs (like Christina does). I remember he got frustrated quite often with Javier when he would do it.

Yep, I remember that .. yet Colon won first season ..

Uncle Willie

post #96 of 489 Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

And then Jermaine won season 2. You'd think he'd see the pattern forming. tongue.gif

I applaud him for sticking to his guns though. If he doesn't enjoy that type of singing, don't turn for those types of singers. I guess.
post #97 of 489 Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

Seeing this reminded me of something. I know this probably does not bother most people, if they even notice it at all, but for some reason it just annoys me everytime I see it.

Carson Daly, chill out dude! I don't know why this bothers me, but seeing him all hunched over while watching the screen, yelling out "come on (insert coach's name here) turn around!", and then jumping around like a lunatic when one does gets on my nerves. I can see the family and friends doing so, but he has no vested interest in these contestants so to go so over the top in his actions and reactions is a bit much.
post #98 of 489 Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Seeing this reminded me of something. I know this probably does not bother most people, if they even notice it at all, but for some reason it just annoys me everytime I see it.
Carson Daly, chill out dude! I don't know why this bothers me, but seeing him all hunched over while watching the screen, yelling out "come on (insert coach's name here) turn around!", and then jumping around like a lunatic when one does gets on my nerves. I can see the family and friends doing so, but he has no vested interest in these contestants so to go so over the top in his actions and reactions is a bit much.

I'm not in disagreement .. but I will ofer an alternate take .. some may think that both Carson and the panel are too nice, and it's all an act .. me, I believe they actually do all have a heart and are not putting on an act .. I may be dilusional, but that's part of the draw for me ..

Uncle Willie

post #99 of 489 Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
wonder if they'll air the eps with billie joe after he went ballistic last weekend?

neflixis our nemesis
post #100 of 489 Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

wonder if they'll air the eps with billie joe after he went ballistic last weekend?

Probably don't have much choice since it's been filmed already. He's now in substance abuse treatment as well.

Also:
NBC easily won the night last night in the ratings behind the strength of The Voice and Revolution. The Voice saw an 11 percent drop in viewers up against Packers-Seahawks and the return of Dancing With the Stars, but DWTS suffered a huge drop in viewers from last year thanks to The Voice moving to Fall.
post #101 of 489 Old 09-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

NBC must have issued a statement to the press because many sites are reporting that he will appear on The Voice as scheduled. Armstrong served as a mentor to Christina Aguilera’s team of contestants in segments taped in late July.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/24/billie-joe-armstrong-the-voice-appearances/
post #102 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I really hope so .. would very much like to see him as a mentor .. just an incredibly good songwriter and performer ..

Uncle Willie

post #103 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Dear God, Alexis Marceaux's rendition of "Go Your Own Way" was horrendous. I can't believe CeeLo turned around for that.

Now, I'm not saying the judges need to be mean like Simon Cowell, but for God's sake how can you tell her she was awesome.

On another subject, maybe I just haven't seen all the competitors, but I don't think I've seen one true rocker so far. Did they finally realize they don't stand a chance on this type of show?
post #104 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'm so glad to see some real classic soul folks this season ..

Uncle Willie

post #105 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The kid did a great job on one of my favorites

Uncle Willie

post #106 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Dear God, Alexis Marceaux's rendition of "Go Your Own Way" was horrendous. I can't believe CeeLo turned around for that.
Now, I'm not saying the judges need to be mean like Simon Cowell, but for God's sake how can you tell her she was awesome.
On another subject, maybe I just haven't seen all the competitors, but I don't think I've seen one true rocker so far. Did they finally realize they don't stand a chance on this type of show?

I though she did pretty good as well as being very clean on the acoustic guitar ..

Myself, I thought Jordan Pruitt the Disney girl was pretty lackluster ..

Suzanna Choffel has several clips up on YouTube .. and as well all know, Landslide is one of Adams favorite songs .. I'm sure she selected it with that in mind as it appears she's really, really working hard to make it ..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Suzanna+Choffel+&oq=Suzanna+Choffel+&gs_l=youtube-reduced.12..0l4.10274.10274.0.11376.1.1.0.0.0.0.119.119.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac.2.Q2l88BpLcqQ

Uncle Willie

post #107 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now, I'm not saying the judges need to be mean like Simon Cowell, but for God's sake how can you tell her she was all the awesome.
Quote:

I though she did pretty good as well as being very clean on the acoustic guitar ..

Either the arrangement needed to be slowed down or she needed to pick up the tempo because she sang it way too slow for the song's original speed.
post #108 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

I think her audition got worse as the song went on. Unfortunately for Cee Lo, he pressed his button early and was already committed to the pick. Obviously he is going to try to sell her as something great, and the other judges might even agree if they are thinking internally, "Yeah, you are awesome...for my team - because you suck."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp 

It may be that hard rock is more about "the band" than just the lead singers vocals.
post #109 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Either the arrangement needed to be slowed down or she needed to pick up the tempo because she sang it way too slow for the song's original speed.

The Dixie Chicks version is about the same tempo .. there are so many covers of that tune .. original here ..

Uncle Willie

post #110 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

So many good performances this season so far on The Voice. I got so repulsed by X Factor's incredibly awful audition shows that I took it off my season pass. I'll return to it when they go Live to see if it's better than last years trainwreck. NBC really lucked out getting this show as it's really setting the bar high for everyone else. Unfortunately it's too high for Simon, but maybe not for Idol.
post #111 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

The Dixie Chicks version is about the same tempo .. there are so many covers of that tune .. original here ..

That's "Landslide". I was talking about the girl who did "Go Your Own Way".
post #112 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I guess I had not yet had my coffee quota yet .. that, or a senior moment .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #113 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

That's okay, I have quite a few of those myself.

No, the girl who did "Landslide" was phenominal. She gave both my wife and myself goosebumps.
post #114 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

That's okay, I have quite a few of those myself.
No, the girl who did "Landslide" was phenominal. She gave both my wife and myself goosebumps.

We are in agreement on that .. smile.gif

Uncle Willie

post #115 of 489 Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
Quote:

I really hope so .. would very much like to see him as a mentor .. just an incredibly good songwriter and performer ..

glad to hear they will still run those eps.

i actually enjoyed his rant and found it rather amusing, especially his line about justin beiber.
i remember when rockers commonly went ballistic during performances.

now everything is shackled down and controlled by clear channel and the labels.

neflixis our nemesis
post #116 of 489 Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I generally never watch this or any other competition/reality programming....but I did record & watch about 20 minutes of this last night (10/1/12). Blake Shelton's last pick, Rudy Parris, is a guy I have known for many years. Good to see a local boy make it to the next round.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #117 of 489 Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Well the auditions are over and it's on to the new Battle Rounds. Will it die here like it has in the past two seasons? They've changed it a bit it seems, but we shall see. Monday night saw The Voice easily win the evening and was one of only 3 shows that went up in viewers from the past week. Not sure how they're managing to beat the allstar version of DWTS. Wouldn't have guessed they'd win any night against them.
post #118 of 489 Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I caught the recap show and out of the sixty-four artists I found four (at most) that interests me. I can't comment on how many of them are good singers only artists I would care to see perform. As such with virtually nothing invested I find it just as boring as last year and with the added reality/game show emphasis (stealing the other's contestants?) even less reason to tune in.
post #119 of 489 Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The kid did a great job on one of my favorites

One of my favorites going into the next round:
post #120 of 489 Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

One of my favorites going into the next round:

She's good .. although there were a few spots where she lost a little control .. coaching will help with that ..

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page