beIN SPORT USA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I want this channel. I need this channel. I don't really know what this channel is yet, but they have the rights to La Liga, Copa Del Rey, and Barca TV in the US.

http://www.beinsport.tv/?utm_source=Media8&utm_medium=LaLigaTalk&utm_campaign=84357819&utm_content=260203906

I had heard that Al Jazeera won the rights to La Liga a few months ago, but there wasn't a lot of information. Then today I find out that beIN Sport has the rights. I'm guessing they are part of Al Jazeera and just chose a different name for the channel.

Anyone in the know about this? I have D* right now, but I envy the Hopper so I am willing to switch depending on who agrees to carry this channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barca1 View Post

I want this channel. I need this channel. I don't really know what this channel is yet, but they have the rights to La Liga, Copa Del Rey, and Barca TV in the US.
http://www.beinsport.tv/?utm_source=Media8&utm_medium=LaLigaTalk&utm_campaign=84357819&utm_content=260203906
I had heard that Al Jazeera won the rights to La Liga a few months ago, but there wasn't a lot of information. Then today I find out that beIN Sport has the rights. I'm guessing they are part of Al Jazeera and just chose a different name for the channel.
Anyone in the know about this? I have D* right now, but I envy the Hopper so I am willing to switch depending on who agrees to carry this channel.

BeIn Sports has the U.S. rights for Italian Serie A, Copa America, South America World Cup qualifiers, the Football League Championship (English 2nd division), plus the rights for La Liga. According to all the sources I've seen online, if you have D*, don't worry. They will be adding BeIn Sports. Apparently BeIn Sports USA is paying D* and Dish to carry the channel for at least the first year.

The only concern I have is all the rights they have, how many live games will we actually see? I'm hoping there are alternate channels on the weekend when both La Liga and Serie A games are being played at the same time. Here is an article with more information:

http://www.epltalk.com/bein-sport-moving-closer-to-launch-on-directv-says-report-45472
post #3 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Does anyone know if this channel will replace GolTV on DirecTV? The fact that it's being tested at 9620 makes it seem like it's a replacement, but that seems odd. I would have figured it would be in addition to FSC and GolTV.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I suspect they'll going to drop the English dedicated GolTV/GolTV HD since in reality the current one in the Spanish lineup I believe does have English on the "secondary audio program."

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page