Shark Week 25th Anniversary - starts 8/12 on DSC - AVS Forum
HDTV Programming > Shark Week 25th Anniversary - starts 8/12 on DSC
derek's Avatar derek 01:56 PM 08-09-2012
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/shark-week/tv-shows.html

Looks like some pretty good new programming (if a bit recycled as par for the event.) The 'Jaws' special and Great White Highway (bit more science) look pretty interesting.

Anyone doing a Shark Week party? Ideas? I think the kids are I are going to do some crafts including this fun and cheap one http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2011/08/make-paper-plate-shark-jaws/

VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 07:39 PM 08-09-2012
If you enjoy shows like "How Star Trek Changed the World" on History, then you'll probably like the Jaws special. First third has some anecdotes from the movie and the local residents and then it talks to scientists, shark hunters and discusses the effects on the movie scene and the public reaction. It's a lot more factual than it is a behind-the-scenes.
JMCecil's Avatar JMCecil 11:45 AM 08-10-2012
Let's see, a show about people asking other people what think about other peoples opinions about some other peoples impact on a movie or show. How meta does a show have to get before you guys won't watch it?
oink's Avatar oink 02:09 AM 08-15-2012
This year's Discovery Channel SW has been a dud.

In fact, the Smithsonian Channel had the best shark doc of the week: Death Beach.
http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/sn/show.do?show=3357376
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 02:19 AM 08-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

This year's Discovery Channel SW has been a dud.

What do you mean? You don't like live Twitter tweets and twitterings during the show? wink.gif
oink's Avatar oink 02:57 AM 08-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

What do you mean? You don't like live Twitter tweets and twitterings during the show? wink.gif
Twittering tweets are against the Rules of Nature....my momma taught me better.
Aliens's Avatar Aliens 06:48 AM 08-15-2012
Like most of the channels that I used to enjoy watching: Animal Planet, TDC, NATGEO, THC, have gone to the dogs with all of this ‘reality’ BS. On a rare occasion I’ll find something I can DVR, like I did with, How Jaws Changed The World, but then I see this tweeting crap during the show. Who are these channels using as a focus group, teenagers? The next ‘creative’ thing will be showing these idiots tweeting.

To TDC: I don’t give a rats a$$ what anyone else thinks of the program I’m watching, and I don’t care to see it splashed over the screen; I just want to watch the program, UNFILTERED! And that includes that monstrosity of a logo!
oink's Avatar oink 05:06 PM 08-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Like most of the channels that I used to enjoy watching: Animal Planet, TDC, NATGEO, THC, have gone to the dogs with all of this ‘reality’ BS. On a rare occasion I’ll find something I can DVR, like I did with, How Jaws Changed The World, but then I see this tweeting crap during the show. Who are these channels using as a focus group, teenagers? The next ‘creative’ thing will be showing these idiots tweeting.
To the TDC: I don’t give a rats a$$ what anyone else thinks of the program I’m watching, and I don’t care to see it splashed over the screen; I just want to watch the program, UNFILTERED! And that includes that monstrosity of a logo!
Amen, brother....
Up
Mobile  Desktop