Originally Posted by MOMager
I was a loyal DTV customer. I thouht I'd never switch ... Even though the signal would go out when it was super windy, etc., I loved it. However, what I loved most was the NFL Ticket. About 4 years ago Uverse came by and we opted to try it. We kept our Direct TV in our family room and had Uverse there and in all other rooms. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO DIRECT TV!!!!!! Here are my reasons:
1) the on demand options for Uverse are so much better. You can go from kids shows, to network to premium chanels and then you can get basically any movie out there, as well ... The new featured movies or just in are at a normal cost for on demand, then there's 100'sof other movies for $2.00's ... If you have the Premium stations, all is catagorized so you never need to pay to see anything you want that's airing on those stations ever at any time (ie: HBO, SHOWTIME, etc.)
2) I like the Uverse HD picture quality better.
3) You can record and watch 4 things at once. I know DTV just made their's 5, but the DVR has less space and Uverse will soon be adding up to 6 at once. Watch a dif as you record ... Love it.
4) The interactive usage is also fabulous. From playing games, to to FB, kids multiview in HD, the family map, HSN by remote, weather and local, a food network app, managing your account, flickr and the uverse interactive channel for everything you want to know and need to know, if you choose.
5) my internet speed is extraordinary and so is my landline service which is so much cheaper having this all hubbed together.
If you are a huge TV watcher, love options, don't want to lose service due to weather, etc. and need fast an dgreat wireless then Uverse is the one you want. Again, I never thought I'd like it. Its so much better ...
6) Also there's the new box where you can move it anywhere and that also means you can take your tv with it ... Go outside, etc. You're not stuck in a spot if you want to shift a room around.
I have a friend who FINALLY just got off his blackberry for his new iphone 5 ... Also a DTV user, lol! He said he would never like the iphone more than the BB. Well, he LOVES his iPhone. He also keeps telling me that nothing compares to DTV, but he hasn't tried Uverse. Let me tell you, if he did, it would be his iPhone over the BB story as its that huge of a differnce. Again. I kept my DTV for awhile in one rm, just in case. If you're going to change from cable, don't go lateral ... Upgrade to U-verse, as it has it all and you'll be very happy you did it.
If I have typo's, I'm sorry ... My child just came in and I haven't time to proof read ... I have to get him back to bed.
I hope this helped and I know DTV lover's are going to bash me! LOL. Its OK ... ;-)