PAC 12 Networks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thought I'd start a thread about the the Pacific 12 Conference's PAC 12 Networks coming into existence. Feel free to use this thread to comment about the programming and game coverage.

What's known: There is one National Pac 12 Network and 6 regional networks, PAC 12 Network-Arizona (Arizona and Arizona State), PAC 12-Bay Area (California and Stanford), PAC-12 Los Angeles (UCLA and USC), PAC 12-Mountain (Colorado and Utah), PAC 12-Oregon (Oregon and Oregon State), and PAC 12 Washington (Washington and Washington State).

Availability: It is available on Time Warner Cable and Comcast nationwide (check your local listings or with your cable operator for channel info and the tier it belongs to). Cox carries the channel however it not available in every Cox service area (as far east as Cox's Omaha, NE market). Not every cable company will carry both the national feed or the regional feed, it depends on the pay tv provider, so check your local listings. The PAC 12 Networks is still negotiating with other pay tv providers (DirecTV, Dish Network, Verizon Fios, AT&T u-verse, etc).

The Pac 12 Networks does have a TV Everywhere platform where subscribers can watch everything online and for the time being all 6 regional networks and the national channel online, provided subscribers carry the channel on a participating pay tv provider. For more info on their TV everywhere platform go to http://www.pac-12.com/.

Pac 12 Networks' native resolution for HD broadcasts is 1080i.

Anyways hopes this helps get the ball rolling for the discussion PAC 12 Networks on AVS Forum

And the FOUL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

Thought I'd start a thread about the the Pacific 12 Conference's PAC 12 Networks coming into existence. Feel free to use this thread to comment about the programming and game coverage.

What's known: There is one National Pac 12 Network and 6 regional networks, PAC 12 Network-Arizona (Arizona and Arizona State), PAC 12-Bay Area (California and Stanford), PAC-12 Los Angeles (UCLA and USC), PAC 12-Mountain (Colorado and Utah), PAC 12-Oregon (Oregon and Oregon State), and PAC 12 Washington (Washington and Washington State).

Availability: It is available on Time Warner Cable and Comcast nationwide (check your local listings or with your cable operator for channel info and the tier it belongs to). Cox carries the channel however it not available in every Cox service area (as far east as Cox's Omaha, NE market). Not every cable company will carry both the national feed or the regional feed, it depends on the pay tv provider, so check your local listings. The PAC 12 Networks is still negotiating with other pay tv providers (DirecTV, Dish Network, Verizon Fios, AT&T u-verse, etc).

The Pac 12 Networks does have a TV Everywhere platform where subscribers can watch everything online and for the time being all 6 regional networks and the national channel online, provided subscribers carry the channel on a participating pay tv provider. For more info on their TV everywhere platform go to http://www.pac-12.com/.

Pac 12 Networks' native resolution for HD broadcasts is 1080i.

Anyways hopes this helps get the ball rolling for the discussion PAC 12 Networks on AVS Forum

If anyone knows what channel (SD or HD) Cox San Diego is/will be using, and a start date, please post. Maybe a list of cable systems/channels is in order. Volunteers?

Edit: Found a helpful source:

http://pac-12.com/AboutPac-12Enterprises/ChannelFinder.aspx

Says that Cox North will carry both the SD and HD channels on channel 315/1315.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Dish Network better get on board with the Pac-12 Network. I'm still reeling over losing AMC. If I also lose Pac-12 sports, I might have to jump ship. Not really happy with Dish right now.
post #4 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Watching the HD channels on Time Warner San Diego (818 & 819).
First impressions: Nice picture, MINIMAL Pac-12 logo in upper right corner, NO scrolling ticker (yet).
They are showing SIX games exclusively on the opening weekend of Aug 30-Sept1. Can't wait.

http://pac-12.com/ScheduleResults.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 100% Instrumental Surf Music. Commercial Free.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

If anyone knows what channel (SD or HD) Cox San Diego is/will be using, and a start date, please post. Maybe a list of cable systems/channels is in order. Volunteers?

Here's the link for Cox only carrying the regional feed and not the national feed.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2012/08/14/pac-12-networks-updating-the-cox-carriage-situation/

I'm sure it sucks for Cox customers who can't get the national feed. Intersting thing is with Time Warner Cable carries both channels where I live in San Diego. The odd thing is the regional feed I get, PAC 12-Los Angeles is in the variety tier, while the national feed is in the sports tier. However as of now with their TV Everywhere solution, I can get all 6 regional feeds + national feed, even though all I pay for is just for the regional feed.

And the FOUL!
post #6 of 18 Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Here's the link for Cox only carrying the regional feed and not the national feed.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2012/08/14/pac-12-networks-updating-the-cox-carriage-situation/

I'm sure it sucks for Cox customers who can't get the national feed. Intersting thing is with Time Warner Cable carries both channels where I live in San Diego. The odd thing is the regional feed I get, PAC 12-Los Angeles is in the variety tier, while the national feed is in the sports tier. However as of now with their TV Everywhere solution, I can get all 6 regional feeds + national feed, even though all I pay for is just for the regional feed.

The above "Channel Finder" link only lists the LA feed as well - on channel 315/1315. I really don't give a rat's a** about the "national" feed. I only need UCLA. I just want to know WHEN Cox will start carrying the channel.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Dish Network better get on board with the Pac-12 Network. I'm still reeling over losing AMC. If I also lose Pac-12 sports, I might have to jump ship. Not really happy with Dish right now.

I'm right there with you. Dish Network is said to be less inclined to cut deals with sports networks versus someone like DirecTV. So the betting currently is DirecTV gets a deal done prior to August 30th, but that Dish Network stays in a holding pattern for weeks/months.

As a Dish subscriber for the past 8 years, they need to figure this out.
post #8 of 18 Old 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 415
The Santa Rosa Comcast market, which mirrors the SF bay area as a whole, has both the regional and national channels in SD with only the regional in HD.

The way I read the last line of this post at the Comcast message board is that the national channel in HD does not exist, period.
Quote:
Re: Pac12 Network Update
[ Edited ]
Options

08-20-2012 04:22 PM - edited 08-20-2012 04:37 PM

Just as a general update:

Carriage of the PAC 12 Network on Comcast (or any video provider) requires a contract, commitment and license fees. The PAC 12 made a decision to start their own network and negotiate for cable carriage.

Some real reasons why the PAC 12 Network is not available in all Comcast locations are contractual, financial, bandwidth/channel space related, required business benchmarks, perceived customer demand and interest, and other contractual commitments for other services that are already underway.

We have many channels in different geographic areas that are not available in all areas, that situation is not unique to this network.

Each Comcast area has some level of autonomy on what channels they feel are important to their customer base and to the business.

Online access to PAC 12 Network is currently contractually tied to carriage of the channel on TV. If you get PAC12 as a part of your TV package, then you can access the PAC 12 live streams online. That online access pattern is pretty standard across most all cable networks.

All Xfinity TV customers in a PAC 12 state will have access to their regional PAC-12 network.

Xfinity TV customers who live in a media market where a PAC-12 school is located will have access to their regional PAC-12 network on Digital Starter. This includes the following televison markets:

AZ: Phoenix and Tucson
CA: San Francisco
CO: Denver
OR: Portland and Eugene
UT: Salt Lake City
WA: Seattle and Spokane
Xfinity TV customers who live in a PAC-12 state but not in a school’s TV market will have access to their regional PAC-12 network on Digital Preferred.

In these and other markets in our footprint, the Pac-12 national network may be available on the Sports Entertainment Package.

The Regional PAC 12 network will be delivered in SD and HD. The National PAC 12 network will be delivered in SD only.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Liked: 10
I am frustrated that Comcast seems to have Pac 12 Networks nationwide, but I do not even receive the national channel in my area in Indiana yet. I understand not receiving the regional versions, but the Pac 12 has some crazy good athletics that I would enjoy watching just as much as my Big Ten Network. Any word on when it makes it to Indiana?

You're in my world now, Grandpa!" Adam Sandler
post #10 of 18 Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

The Santa Rosa Comcast market, which mirrors the SF bay area as a whole, has both the regional and national channels in SD with only the regional in HD.
The way I read the last line of this post at the Comcast message board is that the national channel in HD does not exist, period.

Pac-12 Network definitely has a National HD channel. I've been watching both the regional (LA) HD network and the national HD network since last week. Apparently Comcast is choosing not to offer the national HD feed.

Time Warner Cable carries Pac-12 Networks!
The Numbers are:
Pac-12 Los Angeles: 481
Pac-12 Networks: 419
Pac-12 Los Angeles HD: 818
Pac-12 Networks HD: 819

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 100% Instrumental Surf Music. Commercial Free.
post #11 of 18 Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandu View Post

Pac-12 Network definitely has a National HD channel. I've been watching both the regional (LA) HD network and the national HD network since last week. Apparently Comcast is choosing not to offer the national HD feed.
Time Warner Cable carries Pac-12 Networks!
The Numbers are:
Pac-12 Los Angeles: 481
Pac-12 Networks: 419
Pac-12 Los Angeles HD: 818
Pac-12 Networks HD: 819
That makes more sense, it was a Comcast employee post in a Comcast forum where that information came from. Comcast is probably not happy they lost those games from their local RSNs,at least in the NorCal and Pacific Northwest markets which is half of the PAC-12 right there.

I wonder if DirecTV will carry the national channel in HD.
post #12 of 18 Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

That makes more sense, it was a Comcast employee post in a Comcast forum where that information came from. Comcast is probably not happy they lost those games from their local RSNs,at least in the NorCal and Pacific Northwest markets which is half of the PAC-12 right there.
I wonder if DirecTV will carry the national channel in HD.

You can almost bet that Direct, and Dish if they choose to add it, will not only have the local and National channel, they'll have them all, as alternates. They do that with the Big10 Network already....

Bobby 

post #13 of 18 Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

You can almost bet that Direct, and Dish if they choose to add it, will not only have the local and National channel, they'll have them all, as alternates. They do that with the Big10 Network already....
You're right, they most likely will, especially DirecTV as they're the carrier to go to if you're a big fan of sports programming. It's why I still activate my DirecTV account every 6 mos during the baseball season, they're they only provider in this market that carries the MLB Extra Innings package.
post #14 of 18 Old 09-19-2012, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I was just tooling around with the Time Warner Android app and was playing around with the streaming, it looks like the national feed of the PAC 12 Network along with all of the six regional feeds are available on Time Warner's streaming service, using both the app and the browser on PC. I live outside of Buffalo, NY a few thousand miles from any of the PAC 12 teams. I’ll be interested to see this Saturday if any of the games on the regional feeds are blacked out.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

post #15 of 18 Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mehs View Post

I was just tooling around with the Time Warner Android app and was playing around with the streaming, it looks like the national feed of the PAC 12 Network along with all of the six regional feeds are available on Time Warner's streaming service, using both the app and the browser on PC. I live outside of Buffalo, NY a few thousand miles from any of the PAC 12 teams. I’ll be interested to see this Saturday if any of the games on the regional feeds are blacked out.
They are not going to black out the college games that only applies to Major league(NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, MLS).

By the way you are getting the remaining 6 PAC12 channels in SD/HD on October 1st.
post #16 of 18 Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have noticed the PAC12 network HD games on Dish Network are kind of soft (USC and UCLA). No make that very soft. Almost seems to be widescreen SD. How are the HD games on other providers?

Rick R
post #17 of 18 Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_R View Post

I have noticed the PAC12 network HD games on Dish Network are kind of soft (USC and UCLA). No make that very soft. Almost seems to be widescreen SD. How are the HD games on other providers?
Rick R

Via Comcast here in PDX the earlier Ducks games I watched before the last couple moved to ESPN looked pretty good. Same with the couple times I've checked in on a Beavers games. Definitely better than the ESPN games IMO.

ron
post #18 of 18 Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_R View Post

Rick R

The Bruin football on PAC-12 Network HD is one of the best HD signals on my Cox cable.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page