Elementary - New Sherlock Holmes on CBS - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 17,637
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked: 2348
Quote:
Originally Posted by OggideM View Post
the line about "socialistic zombies coming to eat their guns" had me rolling for a few minutes.
That line made me laugh out loud too. I also like any show with Sherlock's autistic girlfriend, Fiona,played by Betty Gilpin. Gilpin is a very talented young actress. She brings both humor and pathos to the Fiona character.
gwsat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2016, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,990
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
Very good actor. The last American TV he did was Eli Stone...an American lawyer who has a brain aneurism that allowed him to see visions from God...sort of a dramedy that was quite good though it didn't last. His character couldn't have been more different than Sherlock.
I loved Eli Stone. It's one of the only TV series that I've ever bought the DVD sets for and still watch once a year. Miller was outstanding as the lead character and as Sherlock, a character who is light years apart from Eli, he is equally as good.
Cal1981 is offline  
Old 03-29-2016, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OggideM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
That line made me laugh out loud too. I also like any show with Sherlock's autistic girlfriend, Fiona,played by Betty Gilpin. Gilpin is a very talented young actress. She brings both humor and pathos to the Fiona character.

maybe it's just me, but I want to see them make a porno.

Quit failing to flip the switch
OggideM is offline  
 
Old 10-30-2016, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 1,710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Just realized this was on again.


Dear CBS, I wish you would make a Roku channel without requiring the $6/mo bit that I am not going to pay. I am not sure why it is more beneficial to force me to use the computer for the five free episodes of this and TBBT. I stopped watching NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds, and haven't really entertained starting any other show on your network because of it.

-
C-F
CANNON-FODDER is online now  
Old 10-31-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NickTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 2,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
Just realized this was on again.


Dear CBS, I wish you would make a Roku channel without requiring the $6/mo bit that I am not going to pay. I am not sure why it is more beneficial to force me to use the computer for the five free episodes of this and TBBT. I stopped watching NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds, and haven't really entertained starting any other show on your network because of it.

-
C-F
You need to get a DVR
NickTheGreat is offline  
Old 10-31-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 1,710
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 83
You know, I got one of the Homeworx ones to try out. But, it turns out that CBS is the one channel that I get poor reception with (1st floor apartment surrounded, so not a lot of options there). Not going to pay into the cable + DVR + HD, since they stream it for free -- just frustrated that CBS is the one broadcast network I can't get on the Roku through Hulu or in CW's case, straight from them.

v/r,
C-F
CANNON-FODDER is online now  
Old 10-31-2016, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In an Amish Paradox
Posts: 2,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
You know, I got one of the Homeworx ones to try out. But, it turns out that CBS is the one channel that I get poor reception with (1st floor apartment surrounded, so not a lot of options there). Not going to pay into the cable + DVR + HD, since they stream it for free -- just frustrated that CBS is the one broadcast network I can't get on the Roku through Hulu or in CW's case, straight from them.

v/r,
C-F
PlayOn might be worth a look - I assume the Roku would be able to connect to it. Or use it to record from CBS.com - I think most any media player could play the MP4 file...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is online now  
Old 10-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
You know, I got one of the Homeworx ones to try out. But, it turns out that CBS is the one channel that I get poor reception with (1st floor apartment surrounded, so not a lot of options there). Not going to pay into the cable + DVR + HD, since they stream it for free -- just frustrated that CBS is the one broadcast network I can't get on the Roku through Hulu or in CW's case, straight from them.

v/r,
C-F
I just watch with their cbs app on Android and just mirror from my phone to the tv. Otherwise I watch for free just plugging directly to the wall.
MrCuba is offline  
Old 11-03-2016, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 13,812
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked: 2236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
You need to get a DVR
CBS works very hard to make sure your DVR is largely useless Sunday night by not allowing some disposable buffer post-game programming in their schedule that they can dump if needed. I've taken to recording an extra 90 minutes past the scheduled end of Sunday night shows to make sure I don't miss part of a show.
Stereodude is offline  
Old 11-03-2016, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 888
As a West Coaster I am not as affected those in the Eastern Time Zone, however I do pad on occasion. Also On Demand has saved my bacon a few times.
Garrett Adams is offline  
Old 11-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
TeeJay1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Droped.
TeeJay1952 is offline  
Old 11-04-2016, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NickTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 2,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
CBS works very hard to make sure your DVR is largely useless Sunday night by not allowing some disposable buffer post-game programming in their schedule that they can dump if needed. I've taken to recording an extra 90 minutes past the scheduled end of Sunday night shows to make sure I don't miss part of a show.
Yes CBS sucks if you can't watch the show live (and even a little bit then )

Unfortunately we have 2 or 3 CBS shows
NickTheGreat is offline  
Old 11-04-2016, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 13,812
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked: 2236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Yes CBS sucks if you can't watch the show live (and even a little bit then )

Unfortunately we have 2 or 3 CBS shows
Other nights CBS is okay. Sunday night is the problem night. Here CBS has the best OTA picture quality. I have 2 Sunday night CBS shows though.
Stereodude is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
John Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 11,181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 103
They didn't make this Sunday's 'predator of predators' complex enough--even with the mishmash of computer manipulations. Maybe if they could toss in some Russian hacking/manipulation going on at the same time. And toss in Sherlock's father shipping him, through the police captain, a Thanksgiving roasted turkey.-- John
Edit: Managed to DVR the show by starting recording near the end of Madam Secretary, then setting the end point for 120 minutes later. Then, for kicks, signing off 15 minutes before Elementary's ending.
John Mason is offline  
Old 11-27-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 7,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Liked: 325
CBS is at it again. Enjoy tonight's 39:17 episode.

"You're Sherlock Holmes, wear the damn hat!" - Watson to Sherlock
Sherlock - The Abominable Bride - 1/01/16
Mr. Video
My Geek Images
mrvideo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off