"American Horror Story: Asylum" on FX HD - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 227 Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 356
I hope there's a good twist involving the aliens in the finale, because that seemed to have wrapped up last night with the same hollow fanfare as Arden did. Just another kind of a pointless Macguffin this season.

Apart from the last five minutes which I really enjoyed, the rest of the episode seemed like a long-winded way to get to a few points, whereas last week it zoomed through several big scenes to rush them to a conclusion.

I still don't care about Jude anymore, but it will be interesting to see if she has anything meaningful to contribute next week or if the show was keeping her around so Jessica Lange could chew some Emmy-worthy scenery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 227 Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I hope there's a good twist involving the aliens in the finale, because that seemed to have wrapped up last night with the same hollow fanfare as Arden did. Just another kind of a pointless Macguffin this season.

Apart from the last five minutes which I really enjoyed, the rest of the episode seemed like a long-winded way to get to a few points, whereas last week it zoomed through several big scenes to rush them to a conclusion.

I still don't care about Jude anymore, but it will be interesting to see if she has anything meaningful to contribute next week or if the show was keeping her around so Jessica Lange could chew some Emmy-worthy scenery.

You and me both!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #183 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Dumb ,dumb bo bum
Bana fana fo fum
Real dumd:)
post #184 of 227 Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Leave Shirley out of this! biggrin.gif

Bobby 

post #185 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I typically say for awesome shows "I don't want this season to end" but I think it's about time for AHS: Asylum to come to an end. It's been "ending" for 3 weeks now.

Looking forward to tonight's finale. Wondering what happens to Sister Jude, Alana, and Blood Face Jr. Wonder what will happen with Kit's storyline. Seems like his stuff wrapped up last week.

VisionOn did a wonderful job on this thread btw biggrin.gif
Make the next one. ha
post #186 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

it's almost had as many endings as Return of the King! biggrin.gif

At least this time around the audience is going in knowing that whatever happens the story is over. Last season a lot of us watched the ending and found it confusing, because we couldn't see where the story could go when most of the angles had been closed.

Here's hoping the aliens appear to fight Arden's ghost over who goes to hell, to space or has to live forever as the mutant present-day Bloody Face.

post #187 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

it's almost had as many endings as Return of the King! biggrin.gif

At least this time around the audience is going in knowing that whatever happens the story is over. Last season a lot of us watched the ending and found it confusing, because we couldn't see where the story could go when most of the angles had been closed.

Here's hoping the aliens appear to fight Arden's ghost over who goes to hell, to space or has to live forever as the mutant present-day Bloody Face.

Not a mutant and the current day Bloody face is his son, that was revealed a few weeks ago when he took off the "Hannibal" skin mask.....Will be interesting to see how they tie up the remaining plot lines though....
post #188 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Not a mutant and the current day Bloody face is his son, that was revealed a few weeks ago when he took off the "Hannibal" skin mask....

That's a boring resolution which is why I would rather have my version. At least then everything prior also has a point. smile.gif

post #189 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

it's almost had as many endings as Return of the King! biggrin.gif.

Just remember the ROTK (the movie) actually left out one of the "endings," arguably one of the most thematically important ones at that. wink.gif
post #190 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's a boring resolution which is why I would rather have my version. At least then everything prior also has a point. smile.gif

LOl well I guess it wont matter then becasue youll always have that ending in your head ;-) ........
post #191 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

LOl well I guess it wont matter then becasue youll always have that ending in your head ;-) ........

Still another hour left yet! Plenty of time for Jude to find a syringe of immortality in Arden's lab, accidentally inject herself, be locked in solitary, released by Bloody Face's son whom she kills and takes his mask and is condemned to forever to haunt the asylum until the next musical number comes along.

post #192 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Still another hour left yet! Plenty of time for Jude to find a syringe of immortality in Arden's lab, accidentally inject herself, be locked in solitary, released by Bloody Face's son whom she kills and takes his mask and is condemned to forever to haunt the asylum until the next musical number comes along.

haha. That's pretty good biggrin.gif
post #193 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

'American Horror Story': Taissa Farmiga in talks to return for season 3 -- EXCLUSIVE
by Tim Stack http://insidetv.ew.com - Jan 23 2013

American Horror Story: Asylum wraps up its brilliant second season tonight but co-creator Ryan Murphy is already planning out the third installment of his FX mini-series: EW has learned exclusively that season 1 star Taissa Farmiga (Higher Ground) is in talks to rejoin the series for season 3. Farmiga, who played the troubled teen Violet, would be one of the leads of AHS‘ very secretive third go-round and would join fellow alums Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters.

Explains Murphy “I missed her this season. There wasn’t really a role for her. I feel very protective of her and I didn’t want her to go back into the loony bin—it was too dark. So I thought well ‘I want Taissa to be one of the leads next year.’ I called her up and pitched her the character for the season and she loved it and she said, ‘Yes let’s do it.’ So we’re in negotiations for her to headline season 3.”

Murphy told EW previously that he missed the Violet/Tate storyline from the first season and wanted season three to have more romance; Farmiga’s character will be involved in that part of AHS 3 which Murphy hopes to shoot in three different cities.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/23/american-horror-story-taissa-farmiga-season-3-exclusive/
post #194 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, that was interesting.

Seems like all the story's wrapped up well. Jude dying in bed was touching, after she bonded so well with Kit's children.

Good season finale. Can't wait to read the comments tomorrow morning. Have a good night, guys biggrin.gif
post #195 of 227 Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess if you try real hard you can imagine your side of things happening ;-)

Thought they tied everything up well no real lose ends from what I can see, while they really didnt end "American Horror Story" style still a fitting end to the season......
post #196 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The finale just reinforced what I've been thinking since they killed Arden. The show only had one solid story and that was the saga of bloody face. Everything else was padding that they had no way to end which they rushed out of the way and Jude seemed to have been kept around out of contractual obligation to Jessica Lange to get her on next year's Emmy ballot

The EW post-mortems with Murphy have been very telling in that regard.

"Lana really emerged as the heart of this season. Did that evolve? Or did you like Lana’s story as it went on? Or was it Sarah’s performance? She did really become an important part of the story.

She did. When I pitched this season, the original final episode was all just going to be Act One. It was gonna be a longer version of that. The original finale was gonna be Sarah Paulson now free, a Jacqueline Susann/Truman Capote type, gets a kick in her conscience from Kit and goes back in and shuts that down. And we were gonna have the whole last hour be a documentary of her doing that. But I think when we were working on that I thought “I don’t want to see feces smeared people for an hour. It’s so grim.” So we abandoned that around episode 10. We thought let’s give Jude a happy ending. Let’s make that one act. But let’s really make the last act Paulson vs. Bloody Face. So we broke that out early on but kept the original idea. I was thrilled with the changes. I was very thrilled with how emotional it was. Some of that was John Landgraf who felt very strongly that Kit needed to go back in and get Sister Jude out not for himself but for his children. That dialogue was all sort of John’s that I thought was very beautiful. Tim [Minear] did a breath-taking script. It just all came together."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/24/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-madness-ends-exclusive/

In an earlier interview Murphy said that one of the clues to the aliens was that they only appeared after Kit had sex. Well, we can see that was totally irrelevant in the direction the show went with that. The latter half of this season was one of the most obvious "making it up as they go" examples I can think of.

The show started whacked and crazy but ended in a fairly safe and predictable fashion. I'd have been happier with a finale that made no sense but did go out in a bizarre and bloody style.

post #197 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anybody know who that woman was in Kit's house, standing by the window when Kit first arrived with Jude? I think she had black or dark hair?
post #198 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Does anybody know who that woman was in Kit's house, standing by the window when Kit first arrived with Jude? I think she had black or dark hair?

Wasnt that his new Wife? They went back to that when she was goign over what happened to each of the main people....She said Kit Remarried and I beleive it was the same woman......
post #199 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wasnt that his new Wife? They went back to that when she was goign over what happened to each of the main people....She said Kit Remarried and I beleive it was the same woman......

Yes. Exactly, that's what I thought. Thanks.
post #200 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I'm surprised no one mentioned the ending, the unspeakable horror:

The nun record is still out there, waiting...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #201 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Get it out of my head...PLEASE!! biggrin.gif
post #202 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM

Liked: 10
Loved the show, and loved the finale...parts of which made a grown man get teary-eyed....eek.gif
Haven't seen a story this nicely tied up since the finale of Six Feet Under. It takes guts to avoid the cliched hanging ending. This was really a fun, icky, creepy, absorbing, wonderfully-acted ride, and I can't wait for the 3rd season...
post #203 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Bobby 

post #204 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post

lol! Good reply biggrin.gif
post #205 of 227 Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Good lord, I hate to admit it, but I have the full LP stored somewhere in the attic in the family home back East. I used to drive my folks nuts playing it. Little did I know, all these years later, the universe would get its payback. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #206 of 227 Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 173
So what I got from the last scene was that Lana (the reporter) did everything on purpose so she would be famous. I point to numerous things. They constantly talking about how she would do anything to get the story and how Briar Clifff was just something in her rearview mirror sa she had bigger plans. She wanted to get admitted and even had bloody face's kid. She is the one that said to her son that it was actually her fault she caused this. When they showed her and Jude again they made a point of showing Lana saying, "You don't know what I am capable of" and then Jude says her lne about evil looking in a mirror and seeing evil and they do a close up of Lana, seeming to say Lana is evil.

post #207 of 227 Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
A very good wrap up....Sure didn't see Lana blowing off her son's head coming!
post #208 of 227 Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Sister Jude "When you look at the face of evil, evil looks back" Anyone else think towards the end Lana was evil?
post #209 of 227 Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Sister Jude "When you look at the face of evil, evil looks back" Anyone else think towards the end Lana was evil?

It's a reference to the famous Nietzsche quote. Was Lana evil? Not as much as Bloody Face but it's obvious that her lust for fame and attention turned her into a bad person.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

post #210 of 227 Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

It's a reference to the famous Nietzsche quote. Was Lana evil? Not as much as Bloody Face but it's obvious that her lust for fame and attention turned her into a bad person.

Thats my point towards the end you really could not tell how far Lana had fallen. Lies upon lies then to kill her son (granted he needed it) when he let his guard down.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page