666 Park Avenue-ABC - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 132 Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 101
ABC's dot com page? it should be there today (maybe)

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 Old 07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Yes, ABC waited to air the final four episodes.
post #123 of 132 Old 07-01-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

But I still have to find last week's episode somewhere to stay current.

ABC.com
post #124 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Well, the series finished up last week (even thought the episode title said "Part 1"...?) and no comments so far. Not a good sign. tongue.gif

Kind of a convoluted mess. Wrapping up the writer/wife/siren storyline didn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't know why Gavin was so intent on messing with Brian, and then Alexis went completely out of character, attacks Louise, and dies pretty darn easily. WTF? I did kind of like them ending up sealed inside the wall though. And the whole "secret society" thing was just glossed over; why did they even bother?

And I still don't know exactly what the whole point of the building being "possessed" was. Gavin and his wife got rid of one daughter only to find another, who will give birth to a son who will rise, Hitler-like, to be a feared "ruler" some day. The whole point of everything wrapped up in one 2 minute piece of exposition. WTF?

And to top it all off, ABC cut away right at the end to show the Zimmerman trial verdict. The camera was panning down to Jane's belly after she confides to Henry she's preggers, then it cuts off. Don't know if the episode ended there or not. I was kind of hoping there would be some kind of x-ray view showing a demonic fetus with a forked tail in there or something. tongue.gif

Everything felt rushed and incomplete, as the ending of many of these shows cancelled early wind up looking like ('Last Resort' for another recent example). This show looked like it was designed to run for years, and they had to do some hasty editing and perhaps a reshoot of the final scene to provide some sort of closure. Too bad - finally a show worthy of Terry O'Quinn's talents and ends up as just another misfire.
post #125 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Well, the series finished up last week (even thought the episode title said "Part 1"...?) and no comments so far. Not a good sign. tongue.gif

Kind of a convoluted mess. Wrapping up the writer/wife/siren storyline didn't make a lot of sense to me. Don't know why Gavin was so intent on messing with Brian, and then Alexis went completely out of character, attacks Louise, and dies pretty darn easily. WTF? I did kind of like them ending up sealed inside the wall though. And the whole "secret society" thing was just glossed over; why did they even bother?

And I still don't know exactly what the whole point of the building being "possessed" was. Gavin and his wife got rid of one daughter only to find another, who will give birth to a son who will rise, Hitler-like, to be a feared "ruler" some day. The whole point of everything wrapped up in one 2 minute piece of exposition. WTF?

And to top it all off, ABC cut away right at the end to show the Zimmerman trial verdict. The camera was panning down to Jane's belly after she confides to Henry she's preggers, then it cuts off. Don't know if the episode ended there or not. I was kind of hoping there would be some kind of x-ray view showing a demonic fetus with a forked tail in there or something. tongue.gif

Everything felt rushed and incomplete, as the ending of many of these shows cancelled early wind up looking like ('Last Resort' for another recent example). This show looked like it was designed to run for years, and they had to do some hasty editing and perhaps a reshoot of the final scene to provide some sort of closure. Too bad - finally a show worthy of Terry O'Quinn's talents and ends up as just another misfire.

Do you mean kind of like they threw a VERY hasty two minute patch on the intended cliff-hanger leading to season 2? smile.gif

Originally, it was probably supposed to end with Henry being shot, maybe Gavin's reveal and the conditional offer to save Henry.
post #126 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 101
My guess she ended up to be the mother of the Antichrist.. or something like that.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #127 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I also noticed the "part 1" description and was confused by it, too bad this will be the last episode, overall I thought the show was worth watching and I for one will miss it smile.gif
post #128 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:

I do not think they added anything on to this show for the wrap up. These episodes were already filmed and they were just burning them off. They never went back and got all the actors together to film extra footage for the fans.

The part 1 is because the show was cancelled early in its life, they were going to do part 2 later but did not get approval.

post #129 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I do not think they added anything on to this show for the wrap up. These episodes were already filmed and they were just burning them off. They never went back and got all the actors together to film extra footage for the fans.

The part 1 is because the show was cancelled early in its life, they were going to do part 2 later but did not get approval.

I guess we can all think as we prefer. I thought the last two minutes, from the caption "a year later" were a patch. Season two, if it existed, would have dragged us through that year a week at a time. It only required three actors and a few moments of time, mostly Gavin and Jane, a few seconds for Henry. But the rest of this, and the other 3 episodes were just a burn.
post #130 of 132 Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Both 666 Park Avenue and Last Resort got cancelled early enough that the writers had the chance to rewrite their final episodes as series finales. That announcement that both series would get "closure" was made right after the cancellation notices and while both series were still in their original timeslots. Park Avenue got its remaining episodes pulled for a summer burn off, but the rewrite happened long ago, since these episodes aired in other countries several months ago. Overall, I thought the rewritten finale of Last Resort held together better than the one for Park Avenue.
post #131 of 132 Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just finished watching the last 2 episodes on abc.com. Some of the remarks made in this thread have lead me to believe the ending to Lazarus: Part 1 shown on the final broadcast is different from what I saw. My ending had Henry bleeding out on the floor while Gavin was waiting for Jane to respond to his offer to fix Henry if Jane paid a price. Was it different in the broadcast?
post #132 of 132 Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post

Was it different in the broadcast?

Yep. There was an extra scene that showed both Jane's choice and the result(s) thereof.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page