AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Did anybody like the season finale?
It was originally written as sort of a setup for the next season where the first part was the last episode of season one and the second part would start off season two.
Since the BBC decided to not renew the show- it leaves a lot of loose ends with just the first part airing.
Overall I enjoyed the series, but I wish they continued it for a second season...
ltownsend likes this.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #33 of 44 Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I guessing that Sam didn't loose the baby, but it would seem like it would be older since she took off a year then whatever the time line on the show was. But I realize that it's Hollywood so anything goes;)

JERRY
post #34 of 44 Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Did anybody like the season finale?
It was originally written as sort of a setup for the next season where the first part was the last episode of season one and the second part would start off season two.
Since the BBC decided to not renew the show- it leaves a lot of loose ends with just the first part airing.
Overall I enjoyed the series, but I wish they continued it for a second season...

In Maureen Ryan's interview with Frank Spotnitz he said that while BBC has pulled out of future participation Cinemax has renewed the show for a 2nd season.
post #35 of 44 Old 12-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

In Maureen Ryan's interview with Frank Spotnitz he said that while BBC has pulled out of future participation Cinemax has renewed the show for a 2nd season.

Good deal:)

JERRY
post #36 of 44 Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 168
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). wink.gif

Q&A
'Hunted' creator Frank Spotnitz on the series finale and the future of Sam Hunter
'Hunted' won't continue, but the character will
By Alan Sepinwall, HitFix.com - Dec. 7, 2012

Cinemax just aired what is technically the “Hunted” series finale, as the BBC declined to renew the series, which they were producing in partnership with the American cable channel.

But though the series, and some of its characters, may be done with, Cinemax and “Hunted” creator Frank Spotnitz intend to move forward with the character of Sam Hunter, the private spy played by Melissa George, and certain aspects of her origin story that were introduced over these eight episodes. I emailed Spotnitz a few questions about the finale, and about what the new show (whatever it’s called) might include.

You've built this show around a strong female heroine, but Sam spends a good chunk of the finale drugged and unconscious before she ultimately winds up saving herself. Why did you decide to structure the episode in that way? And what specifically did you like about Sam's ability to hold her breath that you wanted to make it this crucial moment in the finale (and one that you very carefully set up in the premiere)?

Frank Spotnitz:
After seeing how strong Sam is, I thought there was nothing more dramatic or distressing than seeing her unable to defend herself. The drugging also seemed an elegant way for Sam to recover the childhood memories she'd been afraid to face -- and for the Blank-Faced Man to offer a needle that would ironically come to her rescue.

I originally conceived of Sam holding her breath as a training exercise -- a way for her to increase her lung capacity. I later realized that same training could end up saving her life if Jack tried to drown her, in a variation of the way he had Tyrone kill his son's wife.

As a side note that no one seems to have picked up on, I very consciously followed narrative elements from "Notorious," which is one of my all-time favorite Hitchcock films. If you watch it again, you'll see what I mean. That's why the key Natalie gives Sam in Episode 7 is stamped "Unica," just like the key Ingrid Bergman steals from Claude Rains and gives to Cary Grant. And of course, "Notorious" ends with Ingrid Bergman nearly being poisoned to death until Cary Grant comes to her rescue.

Had you known that the relationship with the BBC was going to end and that you would be trying to make a different show built around Sam going forward, would you have structured anything about this season differently?

Frank Spotnitz:
There's no question I would have structured the series differently. The show was originally sold to the BBC and I very much wanted it to work for that audience. I'd say that writing the series this way was challenging and rewarding in equal measure.

I know it's early stages yet, but what can you tell me about the plan for the new series? Are there any characters or story elements who are off-limits now? Will she still be working with Byzantium? Looking into what happened to her mother and why so many people are interested in her? Or will this be structured differently from Hunted, but just featuring Melissa in this role?

Frank Spotnitz:
I loved "Hunted," but we really are talking about a completely different series. Having Cinemax as our sole broadcaster is really liberating -- we know we're writing for an audience that's looking for thrills, action and suspense. Those things were always a big part of the show, of course, but so was a heavily serialized story structure that I don't think we'll need in the spinoff.

Viewers who are eager for answers to the outstanding questions from "Hunted" -- about Sam's mother, the Fingerless Man and Hourglass -- won't be disappointed.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/hunted-creator-frank-spotnitz-on-the-series-finale-and-the-future-of-sam-hunter#ijfDSMHKDtyd6AL7.99

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/hunted-creator-frank-spotnitz-on-the-series-finale-and-the-future-of-sam-hunter
post #37 of 44 Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Watched every episode, and this show wasn't very good IMO. But I did watch all of them so maybe there was something that kept me there.

These are just my opinions.
post #38 of 44 Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
After seeing the first episode, I decided that a marathon viewing was the only thing that made sense, given that it was an 8 episode mini-series with a plodding plotline.
A week at a time? I'd have given up early on.

It "seemed" like the first scene of some of the episodes had no relationship to anything we had seen to date. (no context or reference)
It "seemed" like new characters and organizations were introduced so late in the series that they were complications for the sake of being complicated.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I detest Showrunners who think they can spread one story over two or more seasons. An overall series arc is fine but a season is a season and it ends!

Sturgeon's Law: "Nothing is always absolutely so."
Sturgeons Revelation: "Ninety percent of everything is crud."
My Thoughts: "A reasoned argument must share some basic common points."
post #39 of 44 Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
total rubbish
how many times can she escape death
hope the show remains dead
post #40 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post

total rubbish

I dunno...how many times can Bourne do it?

post #41 of 44 Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

total rubbish
hope the show remains dead

How many times did Jack do it on 24? biggrin.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #42 of 44 Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Over the past week I've been watching "Strike Back" the BBC/Cinemax series that "Hunted" seems to be loosely based on.
So far I've watched season 1 (six episodes) and I'm up to episode three (out of 10) on season 2, season 3 (10 episodes) just finished airing in November, I have that in the cue... Season 4 airs some time in 2013.

At any rate- I see why it get such high ratings, really well done. If you liked "Hunted" and you can get your hands on BBC stuff- check out "Strike Back".

http://www.tvrage.com/Strike_Back/episode_guide/all

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #43 of 44 Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

Quote:

total rubbish

I dunno...how many times can Bourne do it?

Now that I think about, Daniel, on SG-1, died a few times himself! This is hardly new ground.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #44 of 44 Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm glad I read the spoiler thread (after watching the final episode) as I didn't fully pick up on some of the events (for instance, the whole baby thing). And i didn't even think back to the opening episode with the fake sniper shot.

overall I enjoyed the show. It was entertaining and well planned out. I like that everything wasn't tied up in a neat little bow: for instance Tyrone didn't get killed for all his past crimes. I'm sorry to see this vision of the show disappear, but am looking forward to where they take it. And I for one like M.G., I think she's adorable and don't mind her acting at all.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page