AVS Forum banner

2012 NFL Week 7 - Television Coverage Maps, NFL ST, etc.

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Ray Lucca 
#1 ·
The coverage maps for week 7 have been posted for the games on CBS and FOX. All games will be in HD with 1 games on NBC, 1 on ESPN, 1 on NFL Network, 5 on FOX, and 5 on CBS.

The maps and all the hard work of putting them together were done by J.P. Kirby, more information can be found at his website, http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Maps
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk7.html

Regional HD games for Week 7: (DirecTV Sunday Ticket HD channel number)
  • Dallas Cowboys (2-3) at Carolina Panthers (1-4)
    • FOX 1:00 PM (704) Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
  • Arizona Cardinals (4-2) at Minnesota Vikings (4-2)
    • FOX 1:00 PM (705) Chris Myers, Tim Ryan
  • Washington Redskins (3-3) at New York Giants (4-2)
    • FOX 1:00 PM (706) Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikman
  • Green Bay Packers (3-3) at St. Louis Rams (3-3)
    • FOX 1:00 PM (707) Sam Rosen, Brian Billick
  • New Orleans Saints (1-4) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3)
    • FOX 1:00 PM (708) Dick Stockton, John Lynch
  • Tennessee Titans (2-4) at Buffalo Bills (3-3)
    • CBS 1:00 PM (709) Marv Albert, Rich Gannon
  • Baltimore Ravens (5-1) at Houston Texans (5-1)
    • CBS 1:00 PM (710) Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
  • Cleveland Browns (1-5) at Indianapolis Colts (2-3)
    • CBS 1:00 PM (711) Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
  • New York Jets (3-3) at New England Patriots (3-3)
    • CBS 4:25 PM (712) Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) at Oakland Raiders (1-4)
    • CBS 4:25 PM (713) Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

National HD games for Week 7:
  • Seattle Seahawks (4-2) at San Francisco 49ers (4-2)
    • NFL Network 8:20 PM Thursday Brad Nessler, Mike Mayock
  • Pittsburgh Steelers (2-3) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-3)
    • NBC 8:20 PM Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth
  • Detroit Lions (2-3) at Chicago Bears (4-1)
    • ESPN 8:30 PM Monday Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden

All times are Eastern.

Enjoy the games!

See less See more
#10 ·
WNBC-DT NYC FiOS.

Anyone getting distortion on the SNF audio? It happened at 9:24pm and right after the TD. Sounded like the mics or were cutting on and off.

A small gripe on all the NFL broadcasts. It's annoying when the cable came is visible in other camera shots.

The NFL should not allow the cable came to be so low to the field.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1434620/2012-nfl-week-7-television-coverage-maps-nfl-st-etc#post_22625544

The mix sounds perfect here, maybe a local station issue?

What about your CBS affiliate? The surrounds are so loud I can barely hear the center channel. Any idea why it would be a local problem and not a national one? Aren't they feeding what is given? If it is a local issue I need to contact them and not the network, but I feel I need to contact someone because it is irritating.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens  /t/1434620/2012-nfl-week-7-television-coverage-maps-nfl-st-etc#post_22626277

What about your CBS affiliate? The surrounds are so loud I can barely hear the center channel. Any idea why it would be a local problem and not a national one? Aren't they feeding what is given? If it is a local issue I need to contact them and not the network, but I feel I need to contact someone because it is irritating.
KPIX(CBS) here is awful and we've(local thread) tried to bring it to their attention but it's like talking to a brick wall, there's been no indication that they care. I'm not a TV engineer but it has to do with how they process the audio signal once it has been received from the network. KNTV(NBC) for example has everything set properly and has by far the best dynamic range in the market, KPIX on the other hand has their audio processing set to "everything loud" resulting in a dynamic range of about 2dB. I believe it has a lot to do with the dial-norm and compander settings on the output transmission equipment.

When KNTV(NBC) was having audio issues a few years back they were very responsive and thanked us for our input in helping them correct it, not so with KPIX, just silence from them on the problem.

KPIX - San Francisco contact info,

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-5/

Have at it, I wish you loads of luck in succeeding where we have have failed so far.

I've found that calling the news desk is often the best way in to the engineering dept, at least it was with KNTV.

#19 ·
I just sent my local affiliate an email with several Cc included. I’m hoping it will increase my odds.
We’ll see what happens.

Gray Television here in C’ville broadcasts Fox, CBS, and ABC. The only station with a 5.1 problem is CBS.

Interesting that the problem we both are having is only with CBS.

#20 ·
I see the idiots running the NFL Network channel have the junior high school AV class running their audio on tonight's game, everything is coming out of the rear speakers, game is completely unlistenable.

What's really amazing is at the half they still haven't fixed it.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man  /t/1434620/2012-nfl-week-7-television-coverage-maps-nfl-st-etc#post_22643901

That's typical NFL Network for you. Total ignorance production value wise which is why I'm really glad no Pats games are on their Thursday night line up this year.

Precisely. The Thanksgiving Thursday night game was a CBS, not an NFLN AV Club production.

They would have stumbled televising the epic Butt6 Bumble!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.