Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I do know any U.S. citizen CAN voluntarily surrender their citizenship.

It's not that difficult to renounce U.S. citizenship. You need to leave the territory of United States and then go to the US embassy and renounce citizenship. That's the real basics of it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
another excellent episode.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

another excellent episode.

Indeed! More "twists and turns" and two "triangles" have been formed (thanks to Stan and Philip).

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Yes it was part of the plea deal so Voluntary give it up. Or life in Gitmo one would suspect. Still for him it was a good deal since he was not raised in the US.
Here he is, born in my part of the world. Only reason why I remember this stuff :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaser_Esam_Hamdi
Sounds like a good ploy to keep him out of this country forever.wink.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Another great ep, this is one of the best shows running right now. Keeps me hooked from beginning to end.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Good lord, the Russian girl is, as Jim Carrey would say, "Smokin!!!"
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Another great ep. This show continues to kick butt every week. Sad for Philip that his first love also became a KGB agent; too bad they couldn't have been paired together. But then we wouldn't have Elizabeth's awesomeness. Kari Russel continues to impress in this role. She does vulnerable, ruthless, bad-ass, cold, and especially hawt equally well. Who knew Felicity had such chops?

Well, we knew Stan was going to fall for Nina, of course. Who wouldn't? That's going to compromise him down the road; can't see it ending well with her "extrification". Richard Thomas hasn't gotten much praise for his ruthless FBI agent-in-charge, but he's doing a good job as well.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 270
Is there anyone not doing a great job on this show? I love all the subplots going on here, makes it fun to watch.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 32
well done show. i've been liking it so far. some random observations: mathew rhys's voice sounds exactly like george clooney. i had almost forgotten how ugly cars were in the late 70's/early 80's. the young woman playing nina is very lovely.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 555
I agree that Annet Mahendru, who plays Nina, the Russian girl that Stan has fallen for, is incredibly beautiful. Marina Squerciati, who played Irina, Philip's old flame and, ostensibly, the mother is his child, is also a beautiful girl. I wouldn't put it past Philip's manipulative KGB masters to have instructed Irina to lie to Philip about a child, in order to test his loyalty. What they did to Philip and Elizabeth before makes it impossible to discount the possibility that Irina's story is as much a legend as that of the KGB thugs who tortured Philip and Elizabeth.

I have really enjoyed Richard Thomas' performances as Agent Gaad, the FBI supervisor who is Stan's boss. Gaad is so ruthless he's scary.

The Americans keeps getting better and better. There is no better written show on television these days and Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys have been perfect as Elizabeth and Philip.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that Annet Mahendru, who plays Nina, the Russian girl that Stan has fallen for, is incredibly beautiful. Marina Squerciati, who played Irina, Philip's old flame and, ostensibly, the mother is his child, is also a beautiful girl. I wouldn't put it past Philip's manipulative KGB masters to have instructed Irina to lie to Philip about a child, in order to test his loyalty. What they did to Philip and Elizabeth before makes it impossible to discount the possibility that Irina's story is as much a legend as that of the KGB thugs who tortured Philip and Elizabeth.

Consider that when Philip asked Irina at the train station if that was really his child, she didn't answer directly. In fact, the whole "let's run away together" thing could have been a ruse for the same reason -- they still don't trust Philip.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Consider that when Philip asked Irina at the train station if that was really his child, she didn't answer directly. In fact, the whole "let's run away together" thing could have been a ruse for the same reason -- they still don't trust Philip.

Yes, I forgot to mention in my earlier that Irina didn't really answer Philip when he asked her if the child was really his. As noted, I am suspicious of Irina's claim that there was a child in the first place. What makes this so fascinating is that with the fissures in the Soviet empire getting wider and wider, the KGB gets more paranoid and desperate.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Gaad is so ruthless he's scary.

Makes sense to me. His profession isn't exactly where "bleeding hearts" are top performers.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Quote:

Yes, I forgot to mention in my earlier that Irina didn't really answer Philip when he asked her if the child was really his. As noted, I am suspicious of Irina's claim that there was a child in the first place. What makes this so fascinating is that with the fissures in the Soviet empire getting wider and wider, the KGB gets more paranoid and desperate.
I feel it was just another test of Philip/Mischa's loyalty , seems odd that they would reunite him with his old GF , she then pulls off a perfect operation & then just does a 180 let's defect together . Philip well knows you can't just run with no plan,no money,no cover off to a green valley somewhere to live together & be happy , fear free for ever after .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I feel it was just another test of Philip/Mischa's loyalty , seems odd that they would reunite him with his old GF , she then pulls off a perfect operation & then just does a 180 let's defect together . Philip well knows you can't just run with no plan,no money,no cover off to a green valley somewhere to live together & be happy , fear free for ever after .

There's also his family, which seems to mean more to him than anything else. "Its you, its always been you," is what he tells Elizabeth. Course we don't know if thats the full truth or just what he knows she wants to hear... smile.gif Philip is a lot more complex than he first appeared to be, no telling what he really thinks/feels/believes now.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
This last episode was a bomb. If Stan is the best FBI America has were in big trouble. I'll stick with Justified for entertainment value.

These are just my opinions.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:

Ok so I wasn't crazy in my thinking then either.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Ok so I wasn't crazy in my thinking then either.
No, you're crazy - but you could be right in your thinking... wink.gif
Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM

Liked: 16
Did anybody else notice the foobar in the video when Elizabeth was in the men's room with the informant? The camera panned and showed one of those automatic toilet flushers which didn't exist back then.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post

Did anybody else notice the foobar in the video when Elizabeth was in the men's room with the informant? The camera panned and showed one of those automatic toilet flushers which didn't exist back then.

That's it. I'm done with this show. I AM OWED BETTER.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post

This last episode was a bomb. If Stan is the best FBI America has were in big trouble. I'll stick with Justified for entertainment value.

The FBI on The Following makes Stan look superhuman. eek.gif
Quote:

I agree, if they can't get the rest room scenes right, then it can't get any lower. wink.gif

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Quote:

I agree, if they can't get the rest room scenes right, then it can't get any lower. wink.gif

I found the line where Claudia said, "Everyone has their issues," to be far worse. I'm pretty sure people still had problems back then, not issues. The linguistic anachronisms in this show are just unbearable! biggrin.gif
Old 03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflight View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

The FBI on The Following makes Stan look superhuman. eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

I found the line where Claudia said, "Everyone has their issues," to be far worse. I'm pretty sure people still had problems back then, not issues. The linguistic anachronisms in this show are just unbearable! biggrin.gif
WELL Then : it's Back to "Dancing With The Stars " for ALL of you !

Mike

Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
All I know is spies get laid a lot, and that's okay with me. Funny how the women are always Russkies, not matter who the guy is.

Oh wait, I see what they're setting up, the two abandoned wives are getting pretty cozy, so a girl on girl thing must be in the offing.

Reminds me of an old joke: New Soviet immigrant is telling his American friend about life in the old country, horror stories about the KGB and all. He says he came home early one day and found his wife in bed with a KGB agent. "A KGB agent!" says his friend, "what happened?" "Oh, it was okay, he didn't see me."

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

WELL Then : it's Back to "Dancing With The Stars " for ALL of you !

SCREW THAT. THAT SHOW HAS LENS FLARE.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

SCREW THAT. THAT SHOW [Dancing with the Stars ]HAS LENS FLARE.

Absolutely and WE CAN't HAVE THAT!smile.gif All the recent whining from posters taking minor issues, such as the use of the word "issues," and -- gasp -- the depiction of automatic flush toilets in the '80s so seriously, it has caused them to move on from the show makes my head spin. Oh, the humanity! I still love The Americans and continue to believe it to be one of the best written and performed shows on TV. If that makes me a Philistine so be it.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Absolutely and WE CAN't HAVE THAT!smile.gif All the recent whining from posters taking minor issues, such as the use of the word "issues," and -- gasp -- the depiction of automatic flush toilets in the '80s so seriously, it has caused them to move on from the show makes my head spin. Oh, the humanity! I still love The Americans and continue to believe it to be one of the best written and performed shows on TV. If that makes me a Philistine so be it.
Agreed !
1st this is a drama set back 30 years ago , this is not a history lesson , this is spy vs spy with human people not cartoon/action figures smile.gif
there is just so $ for production so Yes there's gonna slight "issues" with the production getting the scenes "correct for the time period " .
Me I like it !
I rate it right up there with "Justified"
Having lived during the time period when this all happened , I do not look for out of time period mistakes as props or speech , I concentrate on the plot & characters .
I'm taking it all in with faith that a great story is being told .

Mike

Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I think there was some tongue in cheek in some of those posts...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder where they found all those old TV's they keep showing running all the news clips ?

Mike

Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I think there was some tongue in cheek in some of those posts...

...hence our use of emoticons.

The Americans is probably the best written new show of the season, at least among those I've seen.