'The Americans' on FX HD - Page 46 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 62Likes
post #1351 of 1362 Old 04-19-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 634
I guess now I understand why you don't like this show, because you don't seem to understand the way it works. Of course the Paige angle isn't dead: it's just begun. They're not going to ship her off to Russia to stay, either; even if Philip and Elizabeth were that heartless (which they aren't), it would raise too many red flags for their daughter to suddenly disappear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 910
There's a possible out for Philip with Martha... He might just tell her everything now. Convince her that if he goes down, she goes down. The only way to save herself at this point is to stay the course. Keep in mind that the FBI doesn't have any tangible evidence to connect her with the bug. Stan has his suspicions, but he can't prove anything either. Just don't panic and everything will be okay.

And at some deeper level, she might recognize that the only way to save her life is if she does exactly what Philip suggests. Keep going to work and dodging the bullets. He'll let you go in the end. And he will; he won't off Martha unless he absolutely has to. He just can't.

But Elizabeth...
post #1353 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 65
The foreshadowing that goes on over the series ark is awesome.
post #1354 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
How do these "Americans" get back and forth to Russia?
post #1355 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post
They could go via diplomatic air or, as seen, a few times already, clandestine freighters....
Ph8te likes this.

Bobby 

post #1356 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
They pretty much don't.

That's why Elizabeth has not seen her mom.

That's the whole point of being embedded. No strange disappearances. Just your average travel agent next door.
post #1357 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:

If they can get a kidnapped scientist from the U.S. to Russia, they can probably manage to transport two relatively anonymous women using fake IDs.
post #1358 of 1362 Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Aeroflot, assuming it is still before September 15, 1983 when Reagan revoked their licence to operate in the United States by executive order.
post #1359 of 1362 Old Today, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
post #1360 of 1362 Unread Today, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Philip's reveal to Martha was really shocking to me but I think he's got to be using his conscience and will not kill her. I think the only card for him to play is as arch mentioned, that they're both in it too deep now and that the FBI has nothing to prove on her.

But I don't know how he gets past the real issue Martha has with it all being a pack of lies, she's clearly not handling that at all. She can't really believe that he loves her no matter what he says at this point.

Agree that Paige going to the USSR with Elizabeth will be interesting, think we all know that it's way more than just a simple visit to Grandma before she croaks.
post #1361 of 1362 Unread Today, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Philip's reveal to Martha was really shocking to me but I think he's got to be using his conscience and will not kill her. I think the only card for him to play is as arch mentioned, that they're both in it too deep now and that the FBI has nothing to prove on her.

But I don't know how he gets past the real issue Martha has with it all being a pack of lies, she's clearly not handling that at all. She can't really believe that he loves her no matter what he says at this point.

Agree that Paige going to the USSR with Elizabeth will be interesting, think we all know that it's way more than just a simple visit to Grandma before she croaks.
I agree. Though I doubt a kid raised as an American, who is an American, could see the Soviet system as better than ours and completely change over quickly. The only compelling reason would be the fear of her parents being imprisoned by US authorities or them returning to to the USSR and her and her brother leaving the only home they have ever known. On another note why should she believe her grandmother is really her grandmother; after all her Aunt was not really her Aunt. Pretty unsettling pressure to put on a 16 or 17 year old.
post #1362 of 1362 Unread Today, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
I agree. Though I doubt a kid raised as an American, who is an American, could see the Soviet system as better than ours and completely change over quickly. The only compelling reason would be the fear of her parents being imprisoned by US authorities or them returning to to the USSR and her and her brother leaving the only home they have ever known. On another note why should she believe her grandmother is really her grandmother; after all her Aunt was not really her Aunt. Pretty unsettling pressure to put on a 16 or 17 year old.

As we've seen with Paige finding comfort and validation in the Church, she's looking for some greater meaning and purpose in life. Perhaps, seeing her mom's roots and how she was raised and the struggle from the Soviet perspective, Paige could be turned. Of course, it won't happen in one episode, but this could be the start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page