" The Following " on FOX - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 784 Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

These converted "followers" don't make any sense or logic at all. The nicest, smartest, closest friends or lovers you have could suddenly become serial killing monsters at the flip of a switch without any clues or warnings whatsoever. It makes for extreme unpredictability - which, I guess, is what the writers are aiming for - but I find it illogical and silly. Now if the writers would have approached this as a spoof and comedy series about zombies and zombie killers, then it might work (and I think Kevin Bacon would have been great in that type of role). But as a serious crime drama?

Either you accept the premise that there are such people out there, and that in today's Internet age they have a greater ability to find each other than in the past, or you don't. I remember Charles Manson, Jim Jones, and some of the other charismatic cult leaders out there and what they were able to convince people to do on their behalf. It's not that unusual.

Granted, this show takes that premise and extrapolates it to an extreme, but that's fine. TV shows do that all the time. Surely nobody believes forensic science is anywhere close to the miracle workers seen on CSI and it's clones? But people somehow manage to put their disbelief aside in order to enjoy the show. Same thing here. If it's not your thing, fine, but "serious crime dramas" ask the viewer to suspend disbelief all the time for the sake of dramatic imperative. This show aims for a '24'-style adrenaline rush, and that requires some "artistic license". But there are a lot of damaged, unhinged people in the world, so I don't find the show's basic premise all that unbelievable.
archiguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 784 Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ricwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 2,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

But there are a lot of damaged, unhinged people in the world, so I don't find the show's basic premise all that unbelievable.

The difference is that "damaged, unhinged" people come across as damaged and unhinged. In this show, those that are seemingly perfectly normal, sane, happy, kind people suddenly turn into raging killers or have a past history of such. If people find that concept believable, so be it. I'm having a difficult time with it.

On the other hand, I find some of the characters interesting and engaging and I like, for the most part, the cat and mouse action. I watched and enjoyed all seasons of 24 and, yes, I had to suspend disbelief on many occasions; however, for me the writers on The Following have done a poor job infusing a sense of human interest and a semblance of truth strong enough to overcome the implausibility of the narrative. Maybe it will get better over time. I am still "following" it on my DVR.
ricwhite is offline  
post #453 of 784 Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 79
how did the bad guy escape from that basement complex? FBI/SWAT surrounds place with a "24" like perimeter and he escapes? Also SWAT agent goes down alone to basement and gets overrun by future candidates.. As one poster said "is this a drama or comedy?"

taxman48 is offline  
post #454 of 784 Old 04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

The difference is that "damaged, unhinged" people come across as damaged and unhinged. In this show, those that are seemingly perfectly normal, sane, happy, kind people suddenly turn into raging killers or have a past history of such. If people find that concept believable, so be it. I'm having a difficult time with it.

On the other hand, I find some of the characters interesting and engaging and I like, for the most part, the cat and mouse action. I watched and enjoyed all seasons of 24 and, yes, I had to suspend disbelief on many occasions; however, for me the writers on The Following have done a poor job infusing a sense of human interest and a semblance of truth strong enough to overcome the implausibility of the narrative. Maybe it will get better over time. I am still "following" it on my DVR.

Defending the show's premise from a factual standpoint, Ted Bundy noted serial killer and many other such sociopaths are seemingly normal and most are quite intelligent, able to hide their abnormal lack of empathy. But the problem is that the Following's writers have done a piss poor job establishing that as a credible basis. Rather than jumping right into the slashing and maiming, had they spent an episode or 3 laying out more creds for the evil protagonist other than the brief admiring scenes with mindless student adoration it might be more believable, but then maybe folks woulda been bored and tuned out. A conundrum.
philw1776 is online now  
post #455 of 784 Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 324
I think it's time to know a bit more about what's going on in this house and what's the "evil master plan"... I'm tired of seeing this bunch of losers each week going "it's so great Joe, what you're doing here, in this house..." Yeah, well, no sh!t. what is going on anyway in this damn house?! I also think Purefoy is not menacing enough. Yet I'm here week after week, so the writers must be doing something right I guess. wink.gif Had they not cast Kevin Bacon though, I'm really not sure I would still be, um, "following" the show...
Morpheo is online now  
post #456 of 784 Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I think it's time to know a bit more about what's going on in this house and what's the "evil master plan"... I'm tired of seeing this bunch of losers each week going "it's so great Joe, what you're doing here, in this house..." Yeah, well, no sh!t. what is going on anyway in this damn house?! I also think Purefoy is not menacing enough. Yet I'm here week after week, so the writers must be doing something right I guess. wink.gif Had they not cast Kevin Bacon though, I'm really not sure I would still be, um, "following" the show...

They've been building up to that. Clearly, all the Followers aren't there to satisfy Joe's need for revenge on Ryan and the "completion" of his family. They've been promised a larger mission, a way to achieve some kind of immortality no matter how infamous. Something that will be their "15 minutes", something that many Americans growing up in the era of reality TV, if they have homicidal tendencies, might aspire to. We're about to find out what that is.
archiguy is online now  
post #457 of 784 Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
fhall1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central NY
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

how did the bad guy escape from that basement complex? FBI/SWAT surrounds place with a "24" like perimeter and he escapes? Also SWAT agent goes down alone to basement and gets overrun by future candidates.. As one poster said "is this a drama or comedy?"

Because the SWAT "Team" they had with them looked like it was only two people! Quite a "team"
fhall1 is offline  
post #458 of 784 Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
More real-life law incompetence...

A local woman was declared missing after her "abandoned" car was found in a ditch... they towed her car away and began a search over several days. She was eventually found... in her car... in the impound yard. So, um... VERY sadly for her family, the local law enforcement literally couldn't find a dead person that they had in custody.

Real-life, frankly, has become more unbelievable to me than the Following!

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #459 of 784 Old 04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 4,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

More real-life law incompetence...

A local woman was declared missing after her "abandoned" car was found in a ditch... they towed her car away and began a search over several days. She was eventually found... in her car... in the impound yard. So, um... VERY sadly for her family, the local law enforcement literally couldn't find a dead person that they had in custody.

Real-life, frankly, has become more unbelievable to me than the Following!

"Truth is stranger than fiction."

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
djoberg is online now  
post #460 of 784 Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
leebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA
Posts: 1,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post


The problem is that there was absolutely no explanation how these people were so easily and thoroughly brainwashed. It's almost as if their minds have been taken over. In fact, that would actually be a more believable angle - maybe they were kidnapped and then had some implant put in their brains for mind control. Or maybe they should have had a science fiction angle with people being abducted by aliens and then having their minds altered so they will carry out the killing of the rest of humanity - zombie-like. The current "followers" storyline just doesn't work AT ALL for me because it doesn't make any sense and it's makes the whole series into a silly, laughable mess.

I like some of the characters and the acting and I like how there's a plague of killing that the authorities have a hard time countering. But the way they decided to explain the how and why just doesn't work for me.

Agreed. If they had some kind of brain implant (which is probably even more fictional) I could suspend my dis-belief much easier. Though that still wouldn't explain how everyone in charge on the good guy side is so quick to dismiss any logical suggestion or action.
Unless both sides had brain implants!!! Yes! That's the ticket!
leebo is offline  
post #461 of 784 Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Stay tuned tonight for FOX's new comedy "The Following", staring Kevin Bacon.. biggrin.gif Did this show get picked up for a 2nd season yet?

taxman48 is offline  
post #462 of 784 Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Yes

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
jamieva is online now  
post #463 of 784 Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Stay tuned tonight for FOX's new comedy "The Following", staring Kevin Bacon.. biggrin.gif Did this show get picked up for a 2nd season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Yes

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
a few weeks ago they announced it , seems that the 18-25 old demo is high on the show smile.gif IIRC

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #464 of 784 Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
The cult has been slipping lately... and the FBI has been making headway.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #465 of 784 Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
leebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA
Posts: 1,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 134
"Lets leave the female FBI agent by herself so they can grab her".

Btw, everyone in the cult has thanked Joe for the great thing he's doing, which is,what exactly? I mean, ther than a vendetta against Ryan, and escaping from prison, what is the great thing he's doing for all the followers?.

This was actually the least irritating episode of the series for me. I've been watching a lot of Netflix (Wallender, The Protectors) to remind myself that there is still good writing for television out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7
leebo is offline  
post #466 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MeatChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Wasn't the Female FBI Boss shown in an early episode "quietly" bringing Joe a book/gift in prison, making it "seem" she may be part of the cult, or am I confusing another character?
MeatChicken is offline  
post #467 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

"Lets leave the female FBI agent by herself so they can grab her".

You mean unlike the male FBI agent that was left by himself and was similarly grabbed?

I would think people would pair-up, be they male or female, to curb surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

Btw, everyone in the cult has thanked Joe for the great thing he's doing, which is,what exactly? I mean, ther than a vendetta against Ryan, and escaping from prison, what is the great thing he's doing for all the followers?.

You could ask that of pretty much any real-life cult leader. Typically the leader gets lots of stuff from the followers, but the followers are brainwashed and don't seem to get much tangible in return to me. It's part of whatever makes people want to join cults. I don't know what they get out of it either.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #468 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jarod M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Wasn't the Female FBI Boss shown in an early episode "quietly" bringing Joe a book/gift in prison, making it "seem" she may be part of the cult, or am I confusing another character?
Yes, but that was kinda explained away. I would be surprised though if one of the 3 main FBI people doesn't turn out to be a Follower. That's probably the big "shocker" they have planned for the end of the season.

This week's episode followed the same idiotic formula of the previous episodes. Go in with 2 or 3 people, bad guys escape. Yawn. This time was especially irksome with the tired old "let's separate" that is such a cliche in poorly written horror flicks.
Jarod M is offline  
post #469 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Member
 
scipper77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have to admit when Weston went rogue it was pretty awesome. Kicking in doors, and beating up suspects. I think the major flaw with Kevin Bacons character (Ryan Hardy) is that he is supposed to be the unpredictable loose cannon but he is quite the opposite.
scipper77 is offline  
post #470 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I wish Hardy would tell Joe that he actually had to do in the death of the addict that killed his father, in some ways Hardy is just as sick as Joe.

At least Joe admits his kills and his desires to kill more...

We saw more rookie mistakes, but I can't fathom they didn't recognize Rodrick, they have accurate sketches and even accent and he was right there in front and they did nothing..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is online now  
post #471 of 784 Old 04-10-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jarod M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post


We saw more rookie mistakes, but I can't fathom they didn't recognize Rodrick, they have accurate sketches and even accent and he was right there in front and they did nothing..

It's another near miss, with the guy who could ID him nearby in the ambulance. Of course, even if they did recognize him, they'd put him in a car driven by a Follower and he'd escape. That's what this show calls writing.
Jarod M is offline  
post #472 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah it's more likely that the owners are followers, and maybe the whole town is full of followers, they have the "Sheriff" leading that pack and recruiting all over town, so no one blows the whistle

i am behind 2 episodes or maybe that makes me "ahead" with my finite number of hours on this earth that we all have. Anyway, besides all the silly and implausible "24" like action scenes, what I can't get my head around is that there are so many followers and that non of the fringe-followers have come forth and blown the whistle. If nothing else, provided clues to their normal friends, etc. It HAS to be part of an episode even if they gloss over it. With that big a following who all have normal lifes outside of it, there would have to be people that aren't fully "in" to it and report it, either to authorities, to friends, or on social media.
djb5f is offline  
post #473 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MeatChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post

Wasn't the Female FBI Boss shown in an early episode "quietly" bringing Joe a book/gift in prison, making it "seem" she may be part of the cult, or am I confusing another character?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

Yes, but that was kinda explained away. I would be surprised though if one of the 3 main FBI people doesn't turn out to be a Follower. That's probably the big "shocker" they have planned for the end of the season.
.

How was it 'eplained away ..?
The fact that She was "safe" during/ after the Joe/Basement thing, & that She was the one Saying to Kevin Bacon "come here, I'd like to introduce you to someone (sheriff..) ... Could leave the door open to her being one of the kooks ...
MeatChicken is offline  
post #474 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Yeah, Jacob could have ended her right there but he didn't... very suspicious..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is online now  
post #475 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Enjoyed the "Good morning Ryan" phone call from Joe... Casual call to a friend... Thought they traced Joe's call??? If so why not go to the compound house???
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #476 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well jacob even though he did a mercy kill on his boyfriend is not a killer. But the show is really starting to lose me. They completely overuse the bad horror movie get them to jump factor by having a person alone in the dark in a house, bunker etc.

Every episode has to end with a song

I liked the premise but man its just losing me

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
jamieva is online now  
post #477 of 784 Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
leebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA
Posts: 1,976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

"Lets leave the female FBI agent by herself so they can grab her".

You mean unlike the male FBI agent that was left by himself and was similarly grabbed?

Yes. But in the TV world, anytime the female is left alone)*, she gets grabbed. Granted, Bacon is from the movie world so he may not have known this. The actress playing the FBI agent however, has been on TV before (Person Of Interest), so she should have known better!

* A more recent probability is the current trend in movies and/or television, wherein if the actress is 35 or younger, Victoria Secret pretty, AND weighs 90 lbs or less, she can kick the sh*t out of any man over 200 lbs. However, our FBI lady does not meet all three requirements, ergo they gt her.

Sent from my Nexus 7
leebo is offline  
post #478 of 784 Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Enjoyed the "Good morning Ryan" phone call from Joe... Casual call to a friend... Thought they traced Joe's call??? If so why not go to the compound house???

yup, I wondered the same thing.

...Claire was really cool in this week's episode! Which is a weird thing to say considering how hot she looks wink.gif
Morpheo is online now  
post #479 of 784 Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
TeeJay1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

yup, I wondered the same thing.

...Claire was really cool in this week's episode! Which is a weird thing to say considering how hot she looks wink.gif


I keep waiting for Raylan Givens from Justified coming to save his woman.
TeeJay1952 is online now  
post #480 of 784 Old 04-12-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jarod M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,504
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post


How was it 'eplained away ..?
The fact that She was "safe" during/ after the Joe/Basement thing, & that She was the one Saying to Kevin Bacon "come here, I'd like to introduce you to someone (sheriff..) ... Could leave the door open to her being one of the kooks ...
My memory is a little foggy about this since the show is so forgettable, but wasn't it intimated that she was just trying to establish a relationship with Joe, to try to get into his head? The thing is, her character is way underdeveloped. What has she contributed? Her cult expertise has helped them how? And really, she should just be an advisor at base, not out in the field. But the biggest question is, why am I still questioning this show, since practically nothing about it makes sense and anything can happen because there are no rules, except that law enforcement has to be horrifically incompetent in every episode. What a waste of time, and I'm barely going to be able to make it to the end of the season to see how they're going to explain why all these episodes have been needed with so little payoff. My guess is that Joe will, once again, escape the cult compound with a smile, while saying it was all part of his plan, and go off with a brand new group of followers who will make up the storyline for season 2. It also wouldn't surprise me if the nurse/ex-flame character is saved for season 2.
Jarod M is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off