" The Following " on FOX - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 784 Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Ah, so that's going on: the whole thing is an art film.

It's apparently a statement about "man's inhumanity to man".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 784 Old 06-18-2013, 11:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

Absolutely ludicrous. Evidently this is part of their Emmy push-
Seriously?! FOX is actually doing Emmy promotion for this show?! Wow... rolleyes.gif
post #633 of 784 Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Seriously?! FOX is actually doing Emmy promotion for this show?! Wow... rolleyes.gif

eye of the beholder and all that .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #634 of 784 Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

eye of the beholder and all that .. wink.gif
..except eyes of the holder tend to be casualties on this show...
post #635 of 784 Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

post #636 of 784 Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Yes...and today's news is that it resulted in ZERO nominations for this p.o.s. show.

Not that Emmy nominations mean that much...but when the highest rated? new show of the season can't scare up at least one technical nomination, despite an awards push, what does that tell you?
post #637 of 784 Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M View Post

Yes...and today's news is that it resulted in ZERO nominations for this p.o.s. show.

Not that Emmy nominations mean that much...but when the highest rated? new show of the season can't scare up at least one technical nomination, despite an awards push, what does that tell you?

The Emmy loves movie actors who do TV, so if Kevin Bacon can't get you an Emmy, it means you really suck.
post #638 of 784 Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
So the following had a panel yesterday and they got a phone call in the middle of it from... joe carrol. He's not dead

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
post #639 of 784 Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

So the following had a panel yesterday and they got a phone call in the middle of it from... joe carrol. He's not dead

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I am shocked, shocked I tells you!
post #640 of 784 Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Almost time! What foolishness can the writers come up with this time?

I see 24 is coming back. Hopefully Sutherland's writers will teach these guys how to write about outrageous events, while still keeping the viewer engaged.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #641 of 784 Old 01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post

I see 24 is coming back.

As a series or movie? Where did you see/hear this?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #642 of 784 Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

As a series or movie? Where did you see/hear this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24:_Live_Another_Day

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #643 of 784 Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Series baby! Half the episodes, but I'll take it.
They were trying to get two well known directors, but it didn't work out. I hope they find somebody good.

Jack is back!
post #644 of 784 Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Tonight I proved to myself I'll watch Kevin Bacon cleaning toilets.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #645 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Jack is back! so it's Carroll.. so if he's alive why so much time in hiding?

Man those twins are creepy, poor girl though, they "weekend at Bernie's" her

So is that new hottie helping Jack his sister?

Why is that new FBI chick introducing herself? wasn't she on early season 1?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #646 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Me? I am not Following this year (any more). I also dropped Criminal Minds. I am murder weary at this stage in my life. I don't mind aliens, robots, time travelers, vampires, ghosts, witches or so on, what I am beginning to object to is casual serial killers. mad.gif
ltownsend likes this.
post #647 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I am shocked, shocked I tells you!

Stop using my lines I tell you'a, some days I am Elmer Fudd others Mr. Magoo. As Fudd i'll go out and hunt down that rampaging rabbit Joe Carrol. But Hannibal my get him for hobo stew first.
post #648 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Given this show's history... anyone taking bets as to how long before we find out that survivor woman from the subway is part of the cult and is a plant intended to "survive"? They were pretty effective at killing everyone else... the only logical conclusion is that she was meant to survive... so the FBI should be asking... was she meant to survive just to tell the story and spread the fear? OR was she part of the cult and only made to look like a random victim?

My money is on the latter... especially if they keep her character in the show more than just this week.
jaypb likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #649 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Given this show's history... anyone taking bets as to how long before we find out that survivor woman from the subway is part of the cult and is a plant intended to "survive"? They were pretty effective at killing everyone else... the only logical conclusion is that she was meant to survive... so the FBI should be asking... was she meant to survive just to tell the story and spread the fear? OR was she part of the cult and only made to look like a random victim?

My money is on the latter... especially if they keep her character in the show more than just this week.
I think she's there to be the love interest of Ryan's and consequently pursued by Carroll giving Ryan even more incentive to go after Carroll, just like last season.
post #650 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

That's part of my problem with this show. I watched the "Behind the scenes" preview that was shown a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty clear the creator of this show thinks he's pretty clever about making it so that you can never know who or how many are in the cult.

So theoretically, everyone except Ryan can maybe be in it. and even him if you watched the season opener.

To me that actually TAKES AWAY much of the suspense, because I'm always expecting anyone to attack at any time for no reason.

Like going to Iraq. I wouldn't casually go sight seeing because I'd constantly be worried about who is going to suicide bomb me. My guard would never be down.

Then we have the ridiculous reality of the show. Was I in suspense all winter, wondering if what's his face was still alive? Nope. He can't be killed short of an axe to the head. Bullets, bombs, fire, you name it.

Of course, the characters can't learn anything, like a normal average person would. They continue to trust everyone, then get caught by surprise, then continue to trust.

I stopped watching Criminal Minds two seasons ago (and I should have stopped four or five seasons ago) because it just became too ridiculous. They only ever have serial killers and I guess there just aren't enough realistic serial killer scenarios to go past two or three seasons.

But I do like Bacon, so I'll continue to watch him cleaning toilets.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #651 of 784 Old 01-20-2014, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

This is a weird show for me... because I can nitpick it to death, and yet it still entertains me... and it has actors that I genuinely like. It's a perfect storm of sorts in that it would have to be really really bad to turn me away from it.

post #652 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I think the girl assisting Ryan (Alice?) is his niece. The new FBI chick looks a lot like the old FBI chick (Debra), but she's new I believe. Claire is gone, and Joey's probably been written out of the show, unless Carroll is still obsessing about his son.

Interesting developments in the premiere. Ryan is still obsessed with getting Joe and shutting down the cult for good but is operating alone (or with Alice). Either he wants to avoid any more FBI agents dying on his account, or he was as frustrated as the rest of us with their bumbling last year and thinks he's got a better chance at getting Carroll if he goes it alone. tongue.gif

There are now two groups of Followers. How will Joe relate to that new paradigm? The twins are indeed creepy, but the dynamic there is one is flat out psychotic, along with the French chick, and the other is just kind of mildly psychotic. Expect conflict to ensure along those lines. Sets up a similar dynamic to last year with Emma, Jacob & Paul.

Anyway, I enjoyed the premiere. I like Emma and Mike, glad they're back. I've loved the luminous Connie Nielsen (Lily, the subway survivor) since 'Boss'. And Bacon and Purefoy are awesome, so I'm back as well. Bring on the creepy carnage!
post #653 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who use DVR's missed part of this first episode. It didn't start at the advertised time of 10:30 EST. Rather, it started about halfway through the NFC Championship post-game show, 'The OT', which ran from 10:00 - 10:30. The only reason I caught the beginning was I had 'The OT' recorded in case the football game ran over (which they usually do, so I always record the next show). My carrier is TWC, so I guess there's a possibility it was only our EPG's that were messed up.

If this happened to you, you missed some background on Hardy and his niece, how outwardly normal his life is now, and most of the subway attack. Can't believe FOX let that happen.
post #654 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who use DVR's missed part of this first episode. It didn't start at the advertised time of 10:30 EST. Rather, it started about halfway through the NFC Championship post-game show, 'The OT', which ran from 10:00 - 10:30. The only reason I caught the beginning was I had 'The OT' recorded in case the football game ran over (which they usually do, so I always record the next show). My carrier is TWC, so I guess there's a possibility it was only our EPG's that were messed up.

If this happened to you, you missed some background on Hardy and his niece, how outwardly normal his life is now, and most of the subway attack. Can't believe FOX let that happen.

I thought that was a poor choice by FOX as well. Since I was watching live, it wasn't an issue for me.. but I have to think a lot of people were mad later!

But... I keep seeing that this was a "special" airing... and to be ready for the "2 hr premiere"... so I am inclined to think this episode might get a repeat airing before a new episode during that 2 hr premier block next week.

edit... just looked, and sure enough... next Monday has this episode "Resurrection" at 8pm EST followed by an actual new episode at 9pm for the 2nd hour.

post #655 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

I thought that was a poor choice by FOX as well. Since I was watching live, it wasn't an issue for me.. but I have to think a lot of people were mad later!

But... I keep seeing that this was a "special" airing... and to be ready for the "2 hr premiere"... so I am inclined to think this episode might get a repeat airing before a new episode during that 2 hr premier block next week.

edit... just looked, and sure enough... next Monday has this episode "Resurrection" at 8pm EST followed by an actual new episode at 9pm for the 2nd hour.
Just move to the "better coast", problem solved! biggrin.gif
post #656 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know which coast is the better one (probably the one with less snow), but I use WMC and here in the Pacific Time zone I got the end of the football show AND the entire episode. I did not make any special changes to the record schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #657 of 784 Old 01-22-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It wasn't a big deal that my dvr missed the first 10 minutes of the show. FOX had it on on-demand the same night. Which is strange, most shows are delayed usually.
post #658 of 784 Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Jack is back! so it's Carroll.. so if he's alive why so much time in hiding?

Man those twins are creepy, poor girl though, they "weekend at Bernie's" her

I think you're looking for the "24" thread....there's no "Jack" on this show.
post #659 of 784 Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Hahaha I know, sorry Ryan.. but you are right of my confussion... but he also has his "Chloe" at his side...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #660 of 784 Old 01-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
If anyone missed it, I believe that they are re-airing episode 1 immediately before episode 2.

I was under the impression that the first episode was starting at 10:30 and running for an hour and a half. I was half watching the OT and there didn't seem to be a transition between the 2. It started around 10:20. I ran for the remote to record the additional 10 minutes for my wife.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page