AVS Forum banner

" The Following " on FOX

34K views 877 replies 119 participants last post by  aaronwt 
#1 ·
See less See more
#633 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/630#post_23443340

Seriously?! FOX is actually doing Emmy promotion for this show?! Wow...

eye of the beholder and all that ..

#636 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/630#post_23443340

Seriously?! FOX is actually doing Emmy promotion for this show?! Wow...
Yes...and today's news is that it resulted in ZERO nominations for this p.o.s. show.

Not that Emmy nominations mean that much...but when the highest rated? new show of the season can't scare up at least one technical nomination, despite an awards push, what does that tell you?

#637 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod M  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/630#post_23541117

Yes...and today's news is that it resulted in ZERO nominations for this p.o.s. show.

Not that Emmy nominations mean that much...but when the highest rated? new show of the season can't scare up at least one technical nomination, despite an awards push, what does that tell you?

The Emmy loves movie actors who do TV, so if Kevin Bacon can't get you an Emmy, it means you really suck.

#642 ·
#645 ·
Jack is back! so it's Carroll.. so if he's alive why so much time in hiding?

Man those twins are creepy, poor girl though, they "weekend at Bernie's" her

So is that new hottie helping Jack his sister?

Why is that new FBI chick introducing herself? wasn't she on early season 1?

#648 ·
Given this show's history... anyone taking bets as to how long before we find out that survivor woman from the subway is part of the cult and is a plant intended to "survive"? They were pretty effective at killing everyone else... the only logical conclusion is that she was meant to survive... so the FBI should be asking... was she meant to survive just to tell the story and spread the fear? OR was she part of the cult and only made to look like a random victim?

My money is on the latter... especially if they keep her character in the show more than just this week.

#649 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/600_100#post_24239685

Given this show's history... anyone taking bets as to how long before we find out that survivor woman from the subway is part of the cult and is a plant intended to "survive"? They were pretty effective at killing everyone else... the only logical conclusion is that she was meant to survive... so the FBI should be asking... was she meant to survive just to tell the story and spread the fear? OR was she part of the cult and only made to look like a random victim?

My money is on the latter... especially if they keep her character in the show more than just this week.
I think she's there to be the love interest of Ryan's and consequently pursued by Carroll giving Ryan even more incentive to go after Carroll, just like last season.

#650 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/630#post_24239889

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2  /t/1442608/the-following-on-fox/600_100#post_24239685

That's part of my problem with this show. I watched the "Behind the scenes" preview that was shown a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty clear the creator of this show thinks he's pretty clever about making it so that you can never know who or how many are in the cult.

So theoretically, everyone except Ryan can maybe be in it. and even him if you watched the season opener.

To me that actually TAKES AWAY much of the suspense, because I'm always expecting anyone to attack at any time for no reason.

Like going to Iraq. I wouldn't casually go sight seeing because I'd constantly be worried about who is going to suicide bomb me. My guard would never be down.

Then we have the ridiculous reality of the show. Was I in suspense all winter, wondering if what's his face was still alive? Nope. He can't be killed short of an axe to the head. Bullets, bombs, fire, you name it.

Of course, the characters can't learn anything, like a normal average person would. They continue to trust everyone, then get caught by surprise, then continue to trust.

I stopped watching Criminal Minds two seasons ago (and I should have stopped four or five seasons ago) because it just became too ridiculous. They only ever have serial killers and I guess there just aren't enough realistic serial killer scenarios to go past two or three seasons.

But I do like Bacon, so I'll continue to watch him cleaning toilets.

Sent from my Nexus 7

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.