" The Following " on FOX - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
ToddR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
They seem to be putting Annie Parisse's Parker character out there as a potential red herring. She was a little too friendly when she passed that Poe book into Carroll's cell at the end of the episode. And she's their "alternate religion" expert...vulnerable?
ToddR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 87
I think she's either a follower or admires him, maybe she slipped someting in that book (say communication with his minions?)

Yeah several gross scenes but this is what is all about, I'm staying with this show..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #93 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lonwolf615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: s.beloit,il,usa
Posts: 4,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I'll go on record now to say the ex wife is still working with her husband. Probably be the shocking conclusion to the season when its revealed. eek.gif

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
lonwolf615 is offline  
post #94 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
dad1153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 35,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 168
From the "Hot Off The Press" Thread (top of 'HDTV Programming' page). cool.gif

Nielsen Overnights (18-49)
Fox’s ‘Following’ grows in week two
Drama up 3 percent to a 3.3 in 18-49s as Fox wins night
By Toni Fitzgerald, Media Life Magazine - Jan. 29, 2013

“The Following” looks like it’s found one on Fox.

The show became the first new drama this season to grow in its second week as Fox posted its best Monday night of the season, and its first win.

“Following” averaged a 3.3 adults 18-49 rating, according to Nielsen overnights, up 3 percent from last week’s debut.

By comparison, this season’s other top new drama debuts, NBC’s “Revolution” and CBS’s “Elementary,” declined 17 percent and 19 percent, respectively, in their second weeks.

“Following” won its timeslot, helped by the fact that CBS’s usually highly rated comedies were in reruns. In fact, it was the No. 1 show on broadcast last night.

It also helped revive Fox on a night where it struggled last fall with the very low-rated drama “The Mob Doctor.” With the stronger lead-out at 9 p.m., veteran drama “Bones” surged to a season high at 8 p.m. with a 2.6, up 13 percent from last week.

It was one of several shows to hit season highs last night, again likely benefitting from facing CBS’s reruns. The CW’s new drama “The Carrie Diaries” grew to a series-best 1.0 in women 18-34 and 0.7 in adults 18-34.

ABC’s “The Bachelor,” airing from 8 to 10 p.m., matched its season high in 18-49s with a 2.5. It reached a season high in total viewers with 7.8 million. “Bachelor” finished ahead of NBC’s competing reality program, “The Biggest Loser,” which drew a 2.3 in the timeslot.

Fox was first for the night among 18-49s with a 2.9 average overnight rating and an 8 share. ABC was second at 2.1/6, NBC third at 1.9/5, CBS fourth at 1.7/4, Univision fifth at 1.6/4, and CW and Telemundo tied for sixth at 0.4/1.

As a reminder, all ratings are based on live-plus-same-day DVR playback, which includes shows replayed before 3 a.m. the night before. Seven-day DVR data won’t be available for several weeks. Forty-six percent of Nielsen households have DVRs.

At 8 p.m. Fox led with a 2.6 for “Bones,” followed by ABC with a 2.5 for “Bachelor.” NBC was third with a 2.2 for “Loser,” CBS fourth with a 2.0 for reruns of “How I Met Your Mother” and “The Big Bang Theory,” Univision fifth with a 1.6 for “Por Ella Soy Eva,” CW sixth with a 0.5 for “The Carries Diaries” and Telemundo seventh with a 0.4 for “Pasion Prohibida.”

Fox extended its lead at 9 p.m. with a 3.3 for “Following,” followed again by ABC with a 2.5 for more “Bachelor.” NBC was third with a 2.3 for another hour of “Loser,” CBS fourth with a 1.9 for repeats of “2 Broke Girls” and “Mike & Molly,” Univision fifth with a 1.8 for “Amores Verdaderos,” Telemundo sixth with a 0.5 for “La Patrona” and CW seventh with a 0.3 for “90210.”

ABC took the lead at 10 p.m. with a 1.4 for a repeat of “Castle,” while NBC and Univision tied for second at 1.3, NBC for “Deception” and Univision for “Amor Bravio.” CBS was fourth with a 1.2 for a repeat of “Hawaii Five-0″ and Telemundo fifth with a 0.4 for “El Rostro de la Venganza.”

Fox was also first for the night among households with a 5.8 average overnight rating and a 9 share. ABC was second at 4.8/7, CBS third at 4.4/7, NBC fourth at 3.4/5, Univision fifth at 2.0/3, CW sixth at 0.7/1 and Telemundo seventh at 0.6/1.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/television/overnights/foxs-following-grows-in-week-two/
dad1153 is offline  
post #95 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 1,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I'll go on record now to say the ex wife is still working with her husband. Probably be the shocking conclusion to the season when its revealed. eek.gif

I'm not sure I see any payoff to this show. Its amusing but all the so-called followers are smarter than anyone else and the FBI hasn't yet figured out that they have to be careful about everyone's identity. Since when was Edgar Allan Poe so tricky? All of this just to make Kevin Bacon's character sad? Lots of effort for little reward. And don't get me started on the nanny. "Plain Jane"? Please. Give her some glasses and she is a nerd? Hollywood is so ridiculous sometimes.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is online now  
post #96 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bruce73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Also, James Purefy is a dead-ringer for Hugh Jackman.
Well, they both have dark hair...
jaypb likes this.
bruce73 is offline  
post #97 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I'm not sure I see any payoff to this show. Its amusing but all the so-called followers are smarter than anyone else and the FBI hasn't yet figured out that they have to be careful about everyone's identity. Since when was Edgar Allan Poe so tricky? All of this just to make Kevin Bacon's character sad? Lots of effort for little reward. And don't get me started on the nanny. "Plain Jane"? Please. Give her some glasses and she is a nerd? Hollywood is so ridiculous sometimes.

Yeah, I exceeded my eyeroll quota last night, I think I'm done with this show.
Mac The Knife is offline  
post #98 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Martinez, CA, USA
Posts: 3,978
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I'm not sure I see any payoff to this show. Its amusing but all the so-called followers are smarter than anyone else and the FBI hasn't yet figured out that they have to be careful about everyone's identity. Since when was Edgar Allan Poe so tricky? All of this just to make Kevin Bacon's character sad? Lots of effort for little reward. And don't get me started on the nanny. "Plain Jane"? Please. Give her some glasses and she is a nerd? Hollywood is so ridiculous sometimes.
I see it using the "Supernatural" shtick. You could go on for seasons as "Supernatural" tracking down a "cult of the week" or even "cult of the season". Of course the creators of "Supernatural" had some experience with this coming from "The X-Files".

With cults you are only limited to your imagination and it's not too hard to dream up some wild ones to keep viewers watching. Most of us just want some entertainment and not something that has been obviously watered down or moderated for public consumption.
Brian Conrad is offline  
post #99 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jaypb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Monroe Twp NJ
Posts: 2,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I will admit that I'm really not up on my E.A Poe reading....but the human torching at the end. Did that make an appearance in any Poe stories?
jaypb is offline  
post #100 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Don't really know but the next episode title is "The Poet's Fire"

So who's the torcher? that "Rick" guy that escape from Emma's house?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #101 of 784 Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Dudes Real Housewives ain't about shirt no more, Vanderpump Rules is the new hotness. Get like me.
darthrsg is online now  
post #102 of 784 Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Good episode but a few things were just lame. The cop going into the bedroom to check it out for her was so lame. He walks in, does a half circle and says all is clear. He didn't look in the closet, he didn't even open the closed door to the bathroom, pretty lame check on things. Then when the fat killer had her in the chair, they burst into the room with guns drawn and the guy is standing well to the side of the lady, she is in a chair, he is standing. the gun is pointed out and at them at the door. The black FBI/cop guy could of shot him no problem. She was not threatened, no gun was pointed at her. They even had time to discuss it and Kevin Bacon convinced them to leave him alone, in the time it took to do that, they could of shot him.

WilliamR is offline  
post #103 of 784 Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darthrsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Post America America
Posts: 8,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 717
I think I saw lens flare too. Farm this show in the ace the old country way and make it humble.
darthrsg is online now  
post #104 of 784 Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Good episode but a few things were just lame. The cop going into the bedroom to check it out for her was so lame. He walks in, does a half circle and says all is clear. He didn't look in the closet, he didn't even open the closed door to the bathroom, pretty lame check on things.
I noticed that. I was shouting at the screen "Dude! Check what's behind the closed door - and behind the open one, too!"

Honestly, I thought the bad guy was going to come out from behind the open bedroom door, though from under the bed was my next guess. I didn't think of an attic hatchway.

Quote:
Then when the fat killer had her in the chair, they burst into the room with guns drawn and the guy is standing well to the side of the lady, she is in a chair, he is standing. the gun is pointed out and at them at the door. The black FBI/cop guy could of shot him no problem. She was not threatened, no gun was pointed at her. They even had time to discuss it and Kevin Bacon convinced them to leave him alone, in the time it took to do that, they could of shot him.
Unfortunately, it's only in movies and TV shows that they shoot a bad guy from so close to a hostage with a hand gun. In real life, no cop thinking clearly would attempt it.

The truth is, in the heat of the moment, it's really, really hard to shoot someone with a handgun. I've seen the results of plenty of shootings between cops and bad guys that result in nearly an entire clip being expended before either one hits the other right in front of them with no obstructions. The perfect shot between the eyes we always see is fiction. Further, bad guys that are potentially hopped up on something or running on adrenaline don't always go down on the first, second or even third shot. He could still have turn ed the gun on her before he was taken down. A big guy like he was might take several shots if none of them hit his heart, brain or brain stem. Even then, a big guy like that might still be able to stay upright long enough to finish his task.

It's one thing to be accurate with paper targets - it's a far different thing when it's a living, moving target that can shoot back.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #105 of 784 Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post


It's one thing to be accurate with paper targets - it's a far different thing when it's a living, moving target that can shoot back.

Well said. It's what leads to "Don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to pull the trigger".

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #106 of 784 Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 174

I enjoyed this episode more (than the pilot). Obviously, the characters have a little more depth to them and I think the cult expert adds a nice touch. She gives Kevin someone to play off of as they go about their journey. As the episode played out and it appeared he was pissed about Kevin dating his ex-wife I thought why didn't he have him killed already... other wise it plays out rather silly. Well a few minutes later they covered why he hasn't been killed yet so I cut them some slack.

Charles R is offline  
post #107 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I noticed that. I was shouting at the screen "Dude! Check what's behind the closed door - and behind the open one, too!"

Honestly, I thought the bad guy was going to come out from behind the open bedroom door, though from under the bed was my next guess. I didn't think of an attic hatchway.
Unfortunately, it's only in movies and TV shows that they shoot a bad guy from so close to a hostage with a hand gun. In real life, no cop thinking clearly would attempt it.

The truth is, in the heat of the moment, it's really, really hard to shoot someone with a handgun. I've seen the results of plenty of shootings between cops and bad guys that result in nearly an entire clip being expended before either one hits the other right in front of them with no obstructions. The perfect shot between the eyes we always see is fiction. Further, bad guys that are potentially hopped up on something or running on adrenaline don't always go down on the first, second or even third shot. He could still have turn ed the gun on her before he was taken down. A big guy like he was might take several shots if none of them hit his heart, brain or brain stem. Even then, a big guy like that might still be able to stay upright long enough to finish his task.

It's one thing to be accurate with paper targets - it's a far different thing when it's a living, moving target that can shoot back.

While I believe you, they still did exactly what you said they can't do in real life. Instead of just shooting him right away, they wait and then they have Kevin have to draw his gun, from behind his back and then shoot him. When just a few seconds ago, the cop already had his gun out and aimed at the man. So while I believe you, they stil had him do the standard movie momment of out drawing him and shooting him first.

WilliamR is offline  
post #108 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

While I believe you, they still did exactly what you said they can't do in real life. Instead of just shooting him right away, they wait and then they have Kevin have to draw his gun, from behind his back and then shoot him. When just a few seconds ago, the cop already had his gun out and aimed at the man. So while I believe you, they stil had him do the standard movie momment of out drawing him and shooting him first.
No, that's not at all what they did.

You forget that Kevin got him to start moving away from the hostage first with the phone call ploy. He wasn't as close to her at that point. Once the guy was not obscured by the hostage, Kevin drew is weapon, aimed for center mass and fired.

Granted, the situation was still not the way it would have been done anyway. In reality, they would have simple backed off to outside the doorway and negotiated from just outside the room in the hall and a marksman would have been called in to cover him through the window he had his back to. Kevin's job at that point would be to keep the guy calm and talking until a) he could talk him down into giving up or b) the marksman could get a clean shot.

Further, had they actually been willing to pull that stunt, he should have dropped down to a lower shooter's stance to make himself a smaller target while drawing his weapon. At least he used two hands and didn't didn't turn the gun sideways.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #109 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the two shows on the DVR but I was wondering if someone could confirm that "The Following" will be sort of episodic by nature (of course with the overarching serial killer story). Similar to how "Alcatraz" worked, where there was a bad guy of the week.

That wuld be disappointing, but I will still probably check it out. So only partially a serial show?
djb5f is offline  
post #110 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

I have the two shows on the DVR but I was wondering if someone could confirm that "The Following" will be sort of episodic by nature (of course with the overarching serial killer story). Similar to how "Alcatraz" worked, where there was a bad guy of the week.

That wuld be disappointing, but I will still probably check it out. So only partially a serial show?
That's what it seems like.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #111 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

At least he used two hands and didn't didn't turn the gun sideways.

biggrin.gif

WilliamR is offline  
post #112 of 784 Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

That's what it seems like.
Agreed purely serial shows just can't survive these days. The viewing public doesn't have the attention span to keep up or follow such a story. While the show is serialized for the main arch, from what we have seen it will show a new follower/followers every episode or 2.
Ph8te is online now  
post #113 of 784 Old 02-01-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Agreed purely serial shows just can't survive these days. The viewing public doesn't have the attention span to keep up or follow such a story.

Not on the Big Four broadcast networks, at least. It's just one fail after another -- the occasional exceptions being prime-time soaps like the old 'Dallas' or the new 'Nashville'. Complex serialized dramas still have a chance on cablenets (if they're not too cerebral, i.e. 'Rubicon') and they've long been a staple of the premium channels. That's where all the good stuff is these days.

I really thought the widespread adoption of the DVR would lead to a renaissance of great serialized dramas on broadcast TV - which doesn't typically repeat an episode during the week - because viewers could be confident of never "falling behind". But it hasn't worked out that way.
archiguy is online now  
post #114 of 784 Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,673
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Yeah that is what I meant (survive on Network TV)....its a shame really that I have to go to cable or a premium channel for serilaized shows.......
Ph8te is online now  
post #115 of 784 Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

The viewing public doesn't have the attention span to keep up or follow such a story.

 

I tend to think it more as lack of interest. People are far busier than in the past and as such TV plays a much smaller role. Similar to the radio (do they still exist? :)) you turn it on when you want to be entertained (for the moment).

Charles R is offline  
post #116 of 784 Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 7,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Been catching the encore presentations (on Fri). Seems like they're mixing LOST with Hannibal Lecter; I'm hooked. For now...

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
rezzy is offline  
post #117 of 784 Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
djb5f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Not on the Big Four broadcast networks, at least. It's just one fail after another -- the occasional exceptions being prime-time soaps like the old 'Dallas' or the new 'Nashville'. Complex serialized dramas still have a chance on cablenets (if they're not too cerebral, i.e. 'Rubicon') and they've long been a staple of the premium channels. That's where all the good stuff is these days.

I really thought the widespread adoption of the DVR would lead to a renaissance of great serialized dramas on broadcast TV - which doesn't typically repeat an episode during the week - because viewers could be confident of never "falling behind". But it hasn't worked out that way.

That's what I don't understand either. The only reason why I didn't watch "Lost" is because it came on a year before I got a DVR and I didn't want to join in mid-season. So many folks have DVRs today, you would think that serialized dramas would be on the uptick. But I guess it doesn't matter but so much, as they are so clunkily executed, I have to stick to HBO...
djb5f is offline  
post #118 of 784 Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rebkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 4,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

That's what I don't understand either. The only reason why I didn't watch "Lost" is because it came on a year before I got a DVR and I didn't want to join in mid-season. So many folks have DVRs today, you would think that serialized dramas would be on the uptick. But I guess it doesn't matter but so much, as they are so clunkily executed, I have to stick to HBO...

I guess it cuts both ways, we wait to watch because we can, need to, have no other choice, etc.. and it guts the ratings of the show, unless the network has some big brass that absolutely loves the show, it will get the axe.
rebkell is online now  
post #119 of 784 Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Although I rather liked the pilot, Episode 2 of The Following bored me cross-eyed, so much so, I have cancelled my season pass. No matter how toweringly preposterous one event was, another even sillier and more unbelievable one would follow. I kind of regret that I could not warm to the show because I think that Bacon, Purefoy, and Natalie are all terrific. Also, I really like Annie Parisse, who plays an FBI cult expert. Sorry that I couldn't gin up enough enthusiasm for The Following to stick with it but there it is.
gwsat is offline  
post #120 of 784 Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Argee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Ravenna, ohio, USA
Posts: 1,605
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Gave it two whole episodes?

Argee
Argee is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off