MNF-Camera Angles too Zoomed In? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since, I've gotten a larger(55") TV, I really notice flaws more(makes sense). This has nothing to do with the type of TV I have as I have seen what I am about to describe on other tvs, even CRTs(which are great with motion). One thing that bugs me the most is blur that occurs when a camera is zoomed in and it has to move very fast to keep up with the action. The biggest offender of this is Monday Night Football. They almost always have their camera zoomed in, with the D and O line taking up the entire screen. They don't show receivers, cornerbacks, safeties. It's good to see a close up of the line, you notice more stuff. This was all fine when I had a small CRT...didn't notice the flaws. Zooming in worked with my small CRT. With the bigger TV and more defined tv, you notice this stuff. The better tv you have, you notice when it is not perfect more. With my current monster tv, when it is time for a passing play, the camera has to move ALOT to find the receiver that is getting the ball. The result is blur. Camera moves fast=blur. You don't see any pass routes or any of the other action besides the lineman and the QB. I hate this, I want to see the action and I DO NOT want to see that blur. Very annoying. Anyone else annoyed by this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Nope...

post #3 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

lucky :/
post #4 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

I just flipped it on and the problem seems to be more so that the camera follows the QB too much. Like he goes back to pass and you can't see a lick of the WRs. That's what cause the cameraman to have to move his camera so much when the ball is passed. Again, moving camera=blur. mad.gif
post #5 of 6 Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I get tired of the slooooow loping zoom ABC/ESPN has a tendency to make right up to the snap. I understand initially going wide to show the defense but unlike CBS who will do the long shot, bump in tighter then hold the shot giving you a chance to read the line of scrimmage, the ABC/ESPN folks just keep creeping in the zoom. It gets really absurd if there's a long count. I'm sure the camera op is starting to sweat a little bit by that time hoping he can keep most of the 22 guys in frame before the ball snap and the zoom can break. I can't remember if it's an issue with FOX coverage. I'm a little sorry to have pointed this out because once you start to notice, you'll have a hard time not noticing it.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 60
They seem to go overboard with that. Conversely, they don't zoom in tight enough on many of their college basketball games.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page