2013 Formula 1 in HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 4793 Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

And Jay said he worked with GM to build it. Maybe you should upgrade your XLR! eek.gif
It's just sitting in my garage with a dead battery...waiting for the next owner.wink.gif

Here is some of the concept cars I was talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cadillac+concept+cars&oq=cadillac+concept&gs_l=youtube.3.1.0l4j0i5l2.2486.11795.0.17464.24.19.5.0.0.0.89.990.19.19.0...0.0...1ac.1.Zz7Bkj5L_VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post

Eventually we do plan to have some 2013 Formula 1 in HD news on our 2013 Formula 1 in HD thread, right? Hello?
When the first broadcast of the 2013 season actually happens....yeah, we will have to start a new thread.smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 4793 Old 03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Rolex Sports Cars at Austin, TX right now on Speed.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #273 of 4793 Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Rolex Sports Cars at Austin, TX right now on Speed.

Yeah, i cant watch right now, but am DVR'ing it for tomorrow. I like these cars, and i love that track. Still cant wait for the F1 season though, its almost here.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #274 of 4793 Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Yeah, i cant watch right now, but am DVR'ing it for tomorrow.
Me too. smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #275 of 4793 Old 03-02-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
But tomorrow is NASCAR at Phoenix! wink.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #276 of 4793 Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Me too. smile.gif

Watched the Austin race today on dvr, boy thats such a great track to watch a race on. Lends itself to a lot of attempted passes and i love the overall layout of this track. A lot of fun today.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #277 of 4793 Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Watched the Austin race today on dvr, boy thats such a great track to watch a race on. Lends itself to a lot of attempted passes and i love the overall layout of this track. A lot of fun today.
Ain't that the truth.
Are you going to Austin for the F1 race this year?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #278 of 4793 Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Rolex Sports Cars at Austin, TX right now on Speed.
Watched it today and enjoyed it...except the ridiculous penalty on the GT class-leading Ferrari with 4 minutes to go.mad.gif
Even the guys in the booth thought it was asinine....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #279 of 4793 Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Watched it today and enjoyed it...except the ridiculous penalty on the GT class-leading Ferrari with 4 minutes to go.mad.gif
Even the guys in the booth thought it was asinine....
I didnt see that. Ferrari lost the last race when both cars were leading and ran into each other. eek.gif Thats a no-no in racing. mad.gif
What was the penalty and what was it for?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #280 of 4793 Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I didnt see that. Ferrari lost the last race when both cars were leading and ran into each other. eek.gif Thats a no-no in racing. mad.gif
What was the penalty and what was it for?
Sorry, I was referring to yesterday's race in Austin that Speed broadcasted.

The penalty was the Ferrari had the inside line going into turn 1 (I think) and guided a 911 alongside off the track while BARELY, if at all, touching him.
Not spinning him around, just pushing him off track a bit and onto the shoulder.
He got a 60 second stop and go with 4 minutes left on something that happened quite a few laps back.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #281 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Ain't that the truth.
Are you going to Austin for the F1 race this year?

Cant make it this year, maybe in the future though.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #282 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Sorry, I was referring to yesterday's race in Austin that Speed broadcasted.

The penalty was the Ferrari had the inside line going into turn 1 (I think) and guided a 911 alongside off the track while BARELY, if at all, touching him.
Not spinning him around, just pushing him off track a bit and onto the shoulder.
He got a 60 second stop and go with 4 minutes left on something that happened quite a few laps back.
Just saw that replay on SpeedCenter. Looked like good racing to me. He got ripped. mad.gif
I was talking about the race a couple of weeks ago where the 2 Ferraris ran into each other.
ALMS at Sebring 3/16.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #283 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Just saw that replay on SpeedCenter. Looked like good racing to me. He got ripped. mad.gif
I was talking about the race a couple of weeks ago where the 2 Ferraris ran into each other.
ALMS at Sebring 3/16.

We leave from Sebring a week from tomorrow. Road trip! biggrin.gif

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is offline  
post #284 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post

We leave from Sebring a week from tomorrow. Road trip! biggrin.gif
You are the man! Too bad you cant bottle the smell of the pits. You would make millions! biggrin.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #285 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Just saw that replay on SpeedCenter. Looked like good racing to me. He got ripped. mad.gif
I was talking about the race a couple of weeks ago where the 2 Ferraris ran into each other.
Yeah, I remember that.eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post

We leave from Sebring a week from tomorrow. Road trip! biggrin.gif
Ah dang, you HAD to remind me I can't go.....tongue.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #286 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

You are the man! Too bad you cant bottle the smell of the pits. You would make millions! biggrin.gif
Fuel, sweat, exhaust, burning brakes and tires. What would we call it? "Parfum de hot pits"

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is offline  
post #287 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post

Fuel, sweat, exhaust, burning brakes and tires. What would we call it? "Parfum de hot pits"
I dont know. Some people might think you mean ARM pits. biggrin.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #288 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I dont know. Some people might think you mean ARM pits. biggrin.gif
Yes, I left that open to the imagination, didn't I? eek.gif

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is offline  
post #289 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 166
So, who thinks Merc's new found speed will carry over to the actual races?
zeus33 is online now  
post #290 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

So, who thinks Merc's new found speed will carry over to the actual races?
I would BE surprised if that is the case.

I expect they will more likely take a very big step with the 2014 car.
MB knows a heckuva lot about turbos and it should give them an advantage.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #291 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
I didnt know Mercedes had new found speed. You cant draw any conclusions from testing. Have you noticed who has been midpack and that no one is really talking about? Red Bull. Whats that tell you?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #292 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I would BE surprised if that is the case.

I expect they will more likely take a very big step with the 2014 car.
MB knows a heckuva lot about turbos and it should give them an advantage.
I pray that is not the measuring stick because Ferrari has only made 1 turbo in history. Its that 288 GTO that I pointed out in that picture of Lenos car the other day. Twin turbo 2.8L V8. Hence the designation 288.
You all do know that Ferrari invented the term GTO right? Pontiac only copied it. Gran Turismo Omologato.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #293 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I didnt know Mercedes had new found speed. You cant draw any conclusions from testing.
Agreed.

Quote:
Have you noticed who has been midpack and that no one is really talking about? Red Bull. Whats that tell you?
It tells me RB is sand-bagging everyone.tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I pray that is not the measuring stick because Ferrari has only made 1 turbo in history.
That is what bothers me....
MB has tons of experience with it.
Nissan-Renault has experience too.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #294 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Agreed.
It tells me RB is sand-bagging everyone.tongue.gif
That is what bothers me....
MB has tons of experience with it.
Nissan-Renault has experience too.
+1 To all that.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #295 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Looks like NBCS will have 4.5 hrs of pre-race programming. First and second practice and qualifying. I hope it isn't too much fluff, but the extra practice is nice.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
fjames is offline  
post #296 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Good deal. Thanks. I wonder if someone will stream practice 3 live?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #297 of 4793 Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Looks like NBCS will have 4.5 hrs of pre-race programming. First and second practice and qualifying. I hope it isn't too much fluff, but the extra practice is nice.
Very interesting....smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
post #298 of 4793 Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I see they have a show called F1 Extra, a half hour show. They will show practice, qualifying, the race live, the race replayed later. In fact, apparently they will be showing the practice and qualifying multiple times too. I just hope the announcers are good.

never take life seriously
yankeeman is online now  
post #299 of 4793 Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
gprace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Anyone see the rumor that McLaren may go with Honda motors in the next 2 years? Saw this on ESPN F-1 news.
gprace is offline  
post #300 of 4793 Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oryan_dunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Auburn, IN
Posts: 1,772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I see they have a show called F1 Extra, a half hour show. They will show practice, qualifying, the race live, the race replayed later. In fact, apparently they will be showing the practice and qualifying multiple times too. I just hope the announcers are good.

Well, we've seen the gang before Diffey, Matchett, Hobbs, Buxton.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
oryan_dunn is online now  
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off